Class of 2018 - QB Will Levis (CT) Verbal to Penn St | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 QB Will Levis (CT) Verbal to Penn St

I'm just being 100% honest he has been professionals trained since 6years old , he has NO weakness . If I had to nit pick it would be his open field running , he has the feet , pocket presence , speed and athleticism but when he is beyond the line of scrimmage he doesn't see the lane or cutback naturally

We have seen Levi's up close enough to evaluate , Levi's was a late offer a solid Qb but we need special play from our Qb . If we at cuse look in the mirror we are a 3 star team playing in a 4 star division we need to over achieve especially at Qb to change our status. .We believe in Babers and staff , love our choice and wouldn't change a thing ! We will improve. TD was flawless this week in practice going 23-25 passing in two practices, yes it's without pads but hey so far so good . I think we need a 2018 kid who is fast twitch , Levi's is good but not fast twitch mechanics for our fast offense .

Very fair evaluation in my opinion.

we are a 3 star team playing in a 4.5 star division we need to over achieve especially at Qb to change our status. .We believe in Babers and staff , love our choice and wouldn't change a thing ! We will improve. TD was flawless this week in practice going 23-25 passing in two practices, yes it's without pads but hey so far so good . I think we need a 2018 kid who is fast twitch , Levi's is good but not fast twitch mechanics for our fast offense .
Fixed

I believe there were some missteps in his recruiting. Too much emphasis was placed on Amie. Some of it by the fan base.

The kids have made their decisions. Time to move on.

That being said...Go Buckeyes.

So to be clear, you are blaming a portion of the recruiting scenario playing out negatively on the fans?

That seems... like an interesting take, to say the least.

Look at it this way. He saw what was ahead of him here and felt like he wouldn't see the field for 3 to 4 years. I think we are more than solid at this position and should be focused on a program kid at this point.

This is completely out of touch. Our 2018 QB recruit will get here with a Sr Dungey and 2 guys that likely will have 0 combined snaps at this level. There aren't many more enticing p5 situations than that.

I'm just being 100% honest he has been professionals trained since 6years old , he has NO weakness . If I had to nit pick it would be his open field running , he has the feet , pocket presence , speed and athleticism but when he is beyond the line of scrimmage he doesn't see the lane or cutback naturally

We have seen Levi's up close enough to evaluate , Levi's was a late offer a solid Qb but we need special play from our Qb . If we at cuse look in the mirror we are a 3 star team playing in a 4 star division we need to over achieve especially at Qb to change our status. .We believe in Babers and staff , love our choice and wouldn't change a thing ! We will improve. TD was flawless this week in practice going 23-25 passing in two practices, yes it's without pads but hey so far so good . I think we need a 2018 kid who is fast twitch , Levi's is good but not fast twitch mechanics for our fast offense .
Thank you for your perspective.

Lol Judge hurt. Really wanted him. I'm cool with what we have though, right now, at QB. Still, would have been nice.

Going back to the latter part of P's tenure, we've been absolutely dreadful at landing the blue chip prospect brother of a current player. 4 star, rivals 250 type kids. The PSU stuff is nauseating in it's own right but the other trend is the one that bothers me the most.

I did not know that. Thank you for the math class. I knew I should have paid more attention. Still, both areas always seem dreary and cloudy (even the summer months).
One thing they get more than we do is pedophiles...so there is that.

I'm going to be a real tool here for a second, and I get that the kid is the one that makes the decision, but as a parent, I'm disgusted that other parents send their children to that institution, particularly to play football.

The standing they maintain after enabling absolute evil is horrifying.

I'm going to be a real tool here for a second, and I get that the kid is the one that makes the decision, but as a parent, I'm disgusted that other parents send their children to that institution, particularly to play football.

This.

An FSU fan twitter thread did make me laugh a little today. They also missed out on Levis and were wondering about who they would get now. Some are positive that it will be Fields, who committed from PSU and is looking at UGA. One fan mentioned Kajrewski as someone they might go after. The responses to that, showing Kajrewskis offer list...

"These are not schools that Florida State competes against for recruits. It's Fields or flip a blue chip."

Followed by..

"FSU is Fields or bust. They aren't offering a kid with his biggest offer being Syracuse. I get it you a pessimistic. Fields will be a Nole."

Yes this from the school that also just missed out on Levis. ;)

I get it you a pessimistic.

IMG_0966.PNG

After watching video and looking at measurables I thought Levis should have been #1 on the QB board but I feel very comfortable with the 4 QBs we should have coming back for 2018. (3 if Dungey tears it up and declares)

In addition to what we should have coming back I trust in the coaching staff's ability to identify and develop lesser known QBs.

Little-known coach who groomed Romo, Garoppolo plays key role with Syracuse football

Al Pacino as Joe Paterno in an upcoming HBO movie:

ublp-first-look-photo.jpg

Will have an idea where it's headed when the Paterno family offers their thoughts..

Not my kid, so I have no opinion, whatsoever. When it WAS my kid, he didn't choose Penn State...

Yes, I know, I get it. I share an "I hate Penn state" mantra, even before their coaches become professors of pedophile behavior. But this is not the place to vent anger. Levis/Culpepper and others have chosen PSU to further their education and athletics career. Get over it! There will be people in the future who make the same decision. If people want to vent their frustration and anger, start a new Ped St thread similar to the Rutgers thread that is on the football board. But don't blame or criticize a teenager for making a decision that they felt was right for them, on their thread. Whether you mean to cast aspersion on Levis/Culpepper or not, the sort of comments made here do just that.

Last edited:
Yes, I know, I get it. I share an "I hate Penn state" mantra, even before their coaches become professors of pedophile behavior. But this is not the place to vent anger. Levis/Culpepper and others have chosen PSU to further their education and athletics career. Get over it! There will be people in the future who make the same decision. If people want to vent their frustration and anger, start a new Ped St thread similar to the Rutgers thread that is on the football board. But don't blame or criticize a teenager for making a decision that they felt was right for them, on their thread. Whether you mean to cast aspersion on Levis/Culpepper or not, the sort of comments made here do just that.
I fully intended to cast aspersions.

Aspersions cast.

I totally disagree with this post. These are young men not five year old boys. I'm not worried about offending them or their parents. These young men choose a cesspool for a school to attend. I do not wish them success and why would I? I'm all about SU, all other schools suck!

For some reason that's a little creepy
Its the 3rd clause - ability to maintain high standards of personal conduct. What a joke coming from that university. By the way, anyone want to take a guess at the total settlement PSU had to pay the victims? My guess - $50 million

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom