Class of 2018 - QB Will Levis (CT) Verbal to Penn St | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 QB Will Levis (CT) Verbal to Penn St

Look at it this way. He saw what was ahead of him here and felt like he wouldn't see the field for 3 to 4 years. I think we are more than solid at this position and should be focused on a program kid at this point.

giphy.gif

I believe there were some missteps in his recruiting. Too much emphasis was placed on Amie. Some of it by the fan base.

The kids have made their decisions. Time to move on.

That being said...Go Buckeyes.

Agreed but you also have to admit that PSU went after Fields instead over Levis as well. They are a selector school and until this staff starts winning SU will not be. Win, fill the Dome and coaches continue to develop relationships with HS players and that next level will compete w/PSU. Until then, this staff will have to fight and scratch as they have done wonderfully so far and I'm thrilled with their effort and success so far on the recruiting trail.

rjoc8.jpg

I am so sick of hearing about how Syracuse will never be good again because it is northeast football. I understand that there are like 100,000 fans at Penn State games but the weather is virtually the same at Penn State as it is Syracuse. I have been a true fan for a really long time and want to see the program turn around before I die. I was really hoping we would get Levis (and J. Culpepper for that matter). Penn State, really????

It is tough being a Cuse fan in the south (especially now that we are in the ACC)

I believe there were some missteps in his recruiting. Too much emphasis was placed on Amie. Some of it by the fan base.

The kids have made their decisions. Time to move on.

That being said...Go Buckeyes.
Good post. Best of luck to Will. For his sake, I hope the OC stays around for 5 years because Franklin is an idiot.

Doesn't bother me one bit, this is the position that I feel as if we have the most stability (contingent on Dungey staying healthy). If we can see Eric through his senior year, TD will step in and keep the train rolling.

Of course it's nice to have quality depth, but I think we have some great QB's on the roster.

Kid is similar to there 2017 commit Sean Clifford , he didn't want to deal w tommy d seeing them 2 side by side it wasn't close .also I saw him at the Nike regionals and he wasn't in my top 5 in a weak class. Big kid , good arm but a little stiff for our fast offense , would have been good for depth .good luck to him

rjoc8.jpg

I am so sick of hearing about how Syracuse will never be good again because it is northeast football. I understand that there are like 100,000 fans at Penn State games but the weather is virtually the same at Penn State as it is Syracuse. I have been a true fan for a really long time and want to see the program turn around before I die. I was really hoping we would get Levis (and J. Culpepper for that matter). Penn State, really????

It is tough being a Cuse fan in the south (especially now that we are in the ACC)
Syracuse avg snowfall 128.6 inches
Happy Valley avg. snowfall 48.6 inches
Now some basic math...carry the 1...3.14...remainder of 3...divide by 1...oh here is the answer :128.6>48.6 ;)
Granted they don't play in the snow and cold here...but they do have to live their lives in it.

Kid is similar to there 2017 commit Sean Clifford , he didn't want to deal w tommy d seeing them 2 side by side it wasn't close .also I saw him at the Nike regionals and he wasn't in my top 5 in a weak class. Big kid , good arm but a little stiff for our fast offense , would have been good for depth .good luck to him
Care taker, I have noticed you mention Levis as "stiff" a few times, which has me thinking. In you honest assessment, what are some things that you want to see your son improve upon to become a better QB? What are his current weaknesses? I am interested in your perspective as his father on where you think he may be lacking.

Syracuse avg snowfall 128.6 inches
Happy Valley avg. snowfall 48.6 inches
Now some basic math...carry the 1...3.14...remainder of 3...divide by 1...oh here is the answer :128.6>48.6 ;)
Granted they don't play in the snow and cold here...but they do have to live their lives in it.

I did not know that. Thank you for the math class. I knew I should have paid more attention. Still, both areas always seem dreary and cloudy (even the summer months).

Lol Judge hurt. Really wanted him. I'm cool with what we have though, right now, at QB. Still, would have been nice.

Care taker, I have noticed you mention Levis as "stiff" a few times, which has me thinking. In you honest assessment, what are some things that you want to see your son improve upon to become a better QB? What are his current weaknesses? I am interested in your perspective as his father on where you think he may be lacking.

I'm just being 100% honest he has been professionals trained since 6years old , he has NO weakness . If I had to nit pick it would be his open field running , he has the feet , pocket presence , speed and athleticism but when he is beyond the line of scrimmage he doesn't see the lane or cutback naturally

We have seen Levi's up close enough to evaluate , Levi's was a late offer a solid Qb but we need special play from our Qb . If we at cuse look in the mirror we are a 3 star team playing in a 4 star division we need to over achieve especially at Qb to change our status. .We believe in Babers and staff , love our choice and wouldn't change a thing ! We will improve. TD was flawless this week in practice going 23-25 passing in two practices, yes it's without pads but hey so far so good . I think we need a 2018 kid who is fast twitch , Levi's is good but not fast twitch mechanics for our fast offense .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom