Class of 2017 - Quade Green 2.0 | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Quade Green 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's anything like me, he will. My son caught the bulk of my wrath at baseball practice last night. He was the easiest target when the 9 and 10 year olds weren't giving me their undivided attention after I gave up a Friday happy hour for them.
Heh...same here. You given the “defense sux, hit dingers” speech yet? It’s awesome. YouTube

Heh...same here. You given the “defense sux, hit dingers” speech yet? It’s awesome. YouTube

Ha, no. But I did give my kid the Lou Brown "get in front of the ball, don't give me this ole bullch!t!!" (edited for the children of course).

Couple of questions;

Is there anything to support the 'Quade to transfer' rumors other than a couple of twitter accounts speculating that a Top 2019 recruit may sign with UK and this may convince him to transfer?

How many guards will we have on the roster for 2019 ?

How stupid will we look if we publicly go full out for Quade for a 2nd time and then he goes elsewhere?​

Couple of questions;

Is there anything to support the 'Quade to transfer' rumors other than a couple of twitter accounts speculating that a Top 2019 recruit may sign with UK and this may convince him to transfer?

How many guards will we have on the roster for 2019 ?

How stupid will we look if we publicly go full out for Quade for a 2nd time and then he goes elsewhere?​
  1. Lots
  2. Impossible to say until some dominoes topple [for example, who knows how long Carey will be here]
  3. The staff wouldn't do so--much of this would be behind the scenes, and if Green really expressed an interest in coming here, then we might extend him a landing pad. Otherwise, they won't actively pursue

1. Lots
  2. Impossible to say until some dominoes topple [for example, who knows how long Carey will be here]
  3. The staff wouldn't do so--much of this would be behind the scenes, and if Green really expressed an interest in coming here, then we might extend him a landing pad. Otherwise, they won't actively pursue

Thanks for replying. On #1, I must be living under a rock. I can't seem to find anything. :(

Thanks for replying. On #1, I must be living under a rock. I can't seem to find anything. :(

See page 1 of this thread for sources for what they are worth. Not trying to disparage anyone or pump up anyone's posts. Kinda logical he would want outta Kentucky if they recruit over him but that is just my opinion. I am suprised Richards isn't looking for an out as well since he seems to be stuck in terms of development under Coach Cal. I use the term 'Coach' very loosely in this case as I believe car salesman is more appropriate.

See page 1 of this thread for sources for what they are worth. Not trying to disparage anyone or pump up anyone's posts. Kinda logical he would want outta Kentucky if they recruit over him but that is just my opinion. I am suprised Richards isn't looking for an out as well since he seems to be stuck in terms of development under Coach Cal. I use the term 'Coach' very loosely in this case as I believe car salesman is more appropriate.

Yeah I’ve seen the Twitter chatter and the message board posts. Just wondering if their was anything more substantial than the anonymous internet speculation. And if Quade still thinks he’s an NBA quality player, it would seem he wouldn’t be afraid of the competition. Transferring would mean adding a lot of time before he can be a professional b-ball player. Wouldn’t it be more likely that he tries an avenue where he can get paid to play?

Yeah I’ve seen the Twitter chatter and the message board posts. Just wondering if their was anything more substantial than the anonymous internet speculation. And if Quade still thinks he’s an NBA quality player, it would seem he wouldn’t be afraid of the competition. Transferring would mean adding a lot of time before he can be a professional b-ball player. Wouldn’t it be more likely that he tries an avenue where he can get paid to play?
I think Quade is the kinda guy that needs time to develop into a pro and the system at Kentucky is set up for one and done guys. There was a really good feature on Kyle Wiltjer a couple of years ago. He left KU to go to Gonzaga and completely reshaped his body. The training regimen at Kentucky wasn't really meant for him to succeed as he needed more time to develop. Plus - Quade is clearly a PG and shifting to the 2g for minutes will not really set him up for the next level either. This is of course just me giving an opinion.

I'm sure he's not, but I happen to think that both Goodine and Carey are better than Green. If Boeheim thinks so too, SU might not be any better of a fit for Green than Kentucky was.
The list of freshman guards at SU who were as good as Quade was for UK last season is very short. Outside of another Carmelo, if a recruit isn't interested in playing at SU because he'd get 25 mpg and not 35 mpg, well, there are a lot of D1 programs out there with openings.

The list of freshman guards at SU who were as good as Quade was for UK last season is very short. Outside of another Carmelo, if a recruit isn't interested in playing at SU because he'd get 25 mpg and not 35 mpg, well, there are a lot of D1 programs out there with openings.

Tyus Battle
Brandon Triche
Malachi Richardson
Tyler Ennis
Jonny Flynn
Gerry McNamara

That's just in the past 15 years. We've had a lot of good freshman guards.

Tyus Battle
Brandon Triche
Malachi Richardson
Tyler Ennis
Jonny Flynn
Gerry McNamara

Had a few that weren't either and then people wondered why there were no other guards on the roster.
ETA: that Malachi played the 3, Triche played 20 mpg and Waiters played 16 mpg their freshman year.

All of which is besides the point. Turning down quality players because a future recruit may decommit because he'd get 25 mpg instead of 35 mpg is dumb.

Tyus Battle
Brandon Triche
Malachi Richardson
Tyler Ennis
Jonny Flynn
Gerry McNamara

Also Quade would have to sit a year, so Carey wouldn't be a freshman. In general its not a great idea to transfer to a school with players who are both younger and better than you.

Maybe Im underestimating him and overestimating the guys we have coming in. But it feels like people need to move on.

Had a few that weren't either and then people wondered why there were no other guards on the roster.

Kaleb Joseph?

MCW sat
Frank Howard sat
Josh Wright wasn't good, but he sat
Dion Sat
Scoop was forced to play after injuries to Devo.

I could have added Devo and Edelin to the good freshman list.

We've had far more guys good as freshman than bad. I don't want to lose Goodine. He's a 90 percent free throw shooter and 50% three point shooter. He's the exact type of player as Donte Divencenzo on Nova if you ask me. plus Carey will be a Sophomore by then. I'd take Green, but his upside is a lot lower than Goodine.

Couple things to watch: Shai will announce wether he's declaring tonight on Sports center. Hagans will announce his decision by the end of the week. Either way, I think Quade ends up Plan B at UK

Maybe Im underestimating him and overestimating the guys we have coming in.
Bingo, and it's not just you. Dude averaged 9 points on 45% shooting, 37% from 3 as a freshman. 2.7 assists with a 2/1 assist to turnover rating. Also fought through a back injury for the back-end of the year. To me, that projects as a REALLY, really good 4 year player and someone who could really help us. To me, Goodine, Carey, and Hughes all project as 2 guards more than pgs. Also, we don't know a thing about their college production about any of them. So to me, the question is, would I take him over Howard Washington right now? And I think the answer is yes.

Bingo, and it's not just you. Dude averaged 9 points on 45% shooting, 37% from 3 as a freshman. 2.7 assists with a 2/1 assist to turnover rating. Also fought through a back injury for the back-end of the year. To me, that projects as a REALLY, really good 4 year player and someone who could really help us. To me, Goodine, Carey, and Hughes all project as 2 guards more than pgs. Also, we don't know a thing about their college production about any of them. So to me, the question is, would I take him over Howard Washington right now? And I think the answer is yes.

I think we are talking about 2 different things.

You seem to be wondering if we would accept him if he asked to come here. The obvious answer is yes, so long as he doesnt mind fighting for his spot and accepting it if he comes up short.

Im saying he won't ask to come here.

I simply dont think he will leave Kentucky because he doesnt want to compete for PT there, and then decide to come here where there will be in an equally difficult fight for PT.

You might see Carey and Goodine as 2 guards, but Boheheim doesnt. We have Hughes and Boeheim at 2 guard. We dont have 4 shooting guards and only Washington at point.

If Green does want to transfer, my guess is he will be able to find a pretty good program willing to build around him and make him "the man." That's not going to happen at Syracuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom