Class of 2017 - Quade Green 2.0 | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Quade Green 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hagans wants to reclass

Quade comes here, sits out a year

We go into 2019 with Quade, Carey and Goodine. Hughes adds flexibility.

I expect 1 of Carey/Q to go to the NBA after 2019. Goodine starts as a sophomore in 2020

Sounds like a legit possibility and could be great for us

Hagans wants to reclass

Quade comes here, sits out a year

We go into 2019 with Quade, Carey and Goodine. Hughes adds flexibility.

I expect 1 of Carey/Q to go to the NBA after 2019. Goodine starts as a sophomore in 2020

Sounds like a legit possibility and could be great for us
Sounds great, but...

You really can't see JB playing Buddy a good chunk of minutes a game? I think that's the biggest obstacle in getting another Guard to commit.

Sounds great, but...

You really can't see JB playing Buddy a good chunk of minutes a game? I think that's the biggest obstacle in getting another Guard to commit.
Buddy will play if he deserves to. JB will not be trotting out Buddy for 30 minutes a game at the 2G if we have those 3 guards on the roster.

Could the perception be out there that he may do that ? Sure. But JB wants to win a title; buddy understands that too. JB even said Jimmy wasn’t quite good enough for this level so when it comes to his kids I don’t think there’s rosy glasses on

Buddy will play if he deserves to. JB will not be trotting out Buddy for 30 minutes a game at the 2G if we have those 3 guards on the roster.

Could the perception be out there that he may do that ? Sure. But JB wants to win a title; buddy understands that too. JB even said Jimmy wasn’t quite good enough for this level so when it comes to his kids I don’t think there’s rosy glasses on

Totally agree, if anything JB will be extra tough on Buddy and will make him earn his minutes that much more

I thought Buddy was good enough and that's why he'd play? He can definitely shoot the ball, which we'll need. Having Carey, Goodine and Buddy in the fold make it more difficult to reel in a Quade type. If Quade is fine with the guard competition and JB will play 4 guards, great. I just don't know if I can see that happening though. And if Buddy is a distant 4th in this rotation, so be it. Maybe he won't play much until his Jr/Sr years, anyhow.

Sounds great, but...

Buddy should RS in 2019.

I would say next year but HoWo coming back from ACL surgery means we could use Buddy as depth.
If Battle comes back then Buddy should RS next year.
If JB is determined to just give Buddy minutes then he would deviate from what he has always done that doesn’t seem like something JB would do.
Buddy needs to earn his minutes ala Rautins.

giphy.gif

I thought Buddy was good enough and that's why he'd play? He can definitely shoot the ball, which we'll need. Having Carey, Goodine and Buddy in the fold make it more difficult to reel in a Quade type. If Quade is fine with the guard competition and JB will play 4 guards, great. I just don't know if I can see that happening though. And if Buddy is a distant 4th in this rotation, so be it. Maybe he won't play much until his Jr/Sr years, anyhow.
Buddy is good enough but your initial post made it seem like Buddy would get a big chunk of PT because of who he is, which I don’t think will be the case. Buddy will have a role on this team in 2019, but it will be because of skill set not because he’s JBs son

Buddy should RS in 2019.

I would say next year but HoWo coming back from ACL surgery means we could use Buddy as depth.
If Battle comes back then Buddy should RS next year.
If JB is determined to just give Buddy minutes then he would deviate from what he has always done that doesn’t seem like something JB would do.
Buddy needs to earn his minutes ala Rautins.
Be curious what happens with HoWash...seems like he’ll never be anything more than a 3rd/4th guard here - I hope he’s ok with that because I think he can add value

Buddy is good enough but your initial post made it seem like Buddy would get a big chunk of PT because of who he is, which I don’t think will be the case. Buddy will have a role on this team in 2019, but it will be because of skill set not because he’s JBs son
Sorry, didn't mean to imply that he'd play simply because he's JB's kid. I'm thinking that if he is good enough, and many seem to think he is, that he'll have earned that PT. At that point, would JB not play his kid, who is good enough? I do expect JB to be hard on him, and may not actually play him all that much until he is really, really ready to roll.

And I'm 100% on board w/adding Quade if that option is presented. I just wonder about the other guards involved, though if Buddy and Goodine aren't ready for big time minutes that 2019-2020 season, then Quade becomes an important add.

Be curious what happens with HoWash...seems like he’ll never be anything more than a 3rd/4th guard here - I hope he’s ok with that because I think he can add value
Transfer ultimately

I don't see Quade coming to Cuse. I don't see JB even considering it. This guy was everything but a lock for us, and dipped at the last minute. Can't imagine we take him now. I hope I'm wrong. I have zero insider info, and I was all for Quade coming the first time around. I'm not sure how we'd take him at this point. If he leaves UK, has to be Nova. Quinerly next year, Quade year after that. Jay Wright can get that done, sell the kid on coming home. Hard to see him coming here just to pay his penance to GMac for leaving him at the altar last year.
The chances of Quinerly being a 1-and-done are remote

I don't see Quade coming to Cuse. I don't see JB even considering it. This guy was everything but a lock for us, and dipped at the last minute. Can't imagine we take him now. I hope I'm wrong. I have zero insider info, and I was all for Quade coming the first time around. I'm not sure how we'd take him at this point. If he leaves UK, has to be Nova. Quinerly next year, Quade year after that. Jay Wright can get that done, sell the kid on coming home. Hard to see him coming here just to pay his penance to GMac for leaving him at the altar last year.
not going to nova

Whens the last time a kid was one and done at Nova?

Totally agree, if anything JB will be extra tough on Buddy and will make him earn his minutes that much more
Anybody who ever played for a parent at a higher level knows this to be true. Coincidentally most coach's kids end up better players for obvious reasons... at the high school level this typically leads to an enormous amount of unjust criticism.

Quinerly not typical Nova recruit. Was going to Arizona before allegedly taking $. May never even play at Nova.

What does “not typical nova recruit” mean?

Quinerly not typical Nova recruit. Was going to Arizona before allegedly taking $. May never even play at Nova.

How so? Spellman and Brunson were 5 stars.

my connection keeps telling me green will be coming to the cuse, stay tune comrades

#stayorange
Can someone educate me about this form and tell me if this is a joke or not?

I think the fact that he was committed somewhere else, was accused of "transgressions", then committed to Nova with a possibility that he won't ever play in the NCAA would qualify as "not typical", no?

Nova isn't even talking about Quade Green on their board. They are after other 2019 guards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom