Class of 2017 - Quade Green 2.0 | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Quade Green 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has nobody learned we cannot predict who will be playing or even on the team in two years? Sign the five star, let the rest sort out itself. For once in the last half decade we may not be shorthanded of talent. Just let it happen, people.

If Battle doesn't return, Buddy may be getting more than 8 mpg come November. We need shooters.
I wasn’t talking about next year I was talking about 2 years away with a
Green
Carey
Goodine
Backcourt.

Buddy should RS in 2019.

I would say next year but HoWo coming back from ACL surgery means we could use Buddy as depth.
If Battle comes back then Buddy should RS next year.
If JB is determined to just give Buddy minutes then he would deviate from what he has always done that doesn’t seem like something JB would do.
Buddy needs to earn his minutes ala Rautins.
I think that being the best shooter on the team, by far, gives you a head start on earning minutes.

Buddy should RS in 2019.

I would say next year but HoWo coming back from ACL surgery means we could use Buddy as depth.
If Battle comes back then Buddy should RS next year.
If JB is determined to just give Buddy minutes then he would deviate from what he has always done that doesn’t seem like something JB would do.
Buddy needs to earn his minutes ala Rautins.
0.0% that Buddy Redshirts.

0.0% that Buddy Redshirts.
Any year? I am not talking next year.
If JB is compelled to give Buddy minutes good luck in 2019 if we have Green/Carey/Goodine on the roster Buddy would be clear 4th guard.

I will go one step further and say most will be saying he’s the best shooter they’ve ever seen here about two weeks in
Like it, hope it’s true. Bold statement.

I know this is a QG thread. We've beaten that horse to death and it seems unlikely, even if JC is gone, we will have the roster space for both him and Goodine (the staff's looking at Goodine for PG). But Buddy is also an interesting player - at a different position. I'd love to hear more about his progress when he arrives on campus and starts working out with the players. Kid can flat out shoot it. But I'm wondering how long he'll take to adjust. Am I going to see Rautins before he RS'd - thin, shaky handle, trouble defending at a high D-1 level? Or Rautins after his RS year ... shooter with range, high BBIQ, serviceable defender with a decent handle and will to win?

[Add} By year 2, when QG would be eligible, I think Goodine and Buddy will be a great combination for us. If Green steps in .. he would probably start and Goodine would come off the bench. However, Goodine is such a hot prospect and is so good already, I would not want to lose him just to bring Green in -- as good as Green is. I think Goodine's ceiling is much higher.

Last edited:
I will go one step further and say most will be saying he’s the best shooter they’ve ever seen here about two weeks in
So your saying this is possible :) -
hoosiers.gif

What if you go two steps further? The next Ray Allen?

I think it’s pretty funny that all of a sudden we can’t find playing time for four guards. If buddy can move to small forward what exactly are people complaining about? More bodies? People were just complaining we didn’t have enough.

I think it’s pretty funny that all of a sudden we can’t find playing time for four guards. If buddy can move to small forward what exactly are people complaining about? More bodies? People were just complaining we didn’t have enough.
I love our depth - but let's be realistic. Buddy at SF, at 6'5"?

Buddy isn’t some guy coming in that doesn’t know what’s going on he is the coaches son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom