Class of 2017 - Quade Green 2.0 | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Quade Green 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howard Triche with a better jump shot!
Yah, no. lol. I'm VERY happy with a front line like we had this past year. Our guys were thin but long. And that made a difference. It's the best rebounding margin (conference) we've had since Jerami Grant left.

Last edited:
I think it’s pretty funny that all of a sudden we can’t find playing time for four guards. If buddy can move to small forward what exactly are people complaining about? More bodies? People were just complaining we didn’t have enough.

Buddy isn’t a SF, and he never will be.

Buddy isn’t a SF, and he never will be.

You put the best players on the floor. If carey and Hughes are playing and Buddy is shooting well to then he’s going to have to play somewhere which is my point. Of course he isn’t a small forward

Based on coaching expectations or just that you like his game?
Carey has made it known he wants to get to the NBA as fast as possible. As soon as he sees his name in a mock I yhink he’s gone

...in which case, a player like Green [who would be a third year sophomore in 2019-2020] would be in a position to seamlessly step in.

Yes but that's making a massive assumption that JC will be one and done. As much as he may want to go to the league, that may not be feasible. Let's see if QG would be willing to take that quite significant gamble. Outside Cuse fan boards, can't imagine many think of JC as potential one and done material.

Yes but that's making a massive assumption that JC will be one and done. As much as he may want to go to the league, that may not be feasible. Let's see if QG would be willing to take that quite significant gamble. Outside Cuse fan boards, can't imagine many think of JC as potential one and done material.

It's not making any assumption -- that was the circumstance presented above. Carey has also explicitly stated that the coaches are talking one-and-done with him -- time will tell whether that's realistic, but it certainly has to be the expectation.

Also, Carey [like Goodine] is a combo guard -- if he returns, he could play alongside Green, or in any tandem with Hughes / Boeheim / Goodine. When push comes to shove, add the best players you can, and then let the rotations sort themselves out.

The world certainly won't end if QG spurns us a second time -- not with Carey, Goodine, etc. in the pipeline. And if he does opt to transfer here, then nothing will be handed to him. Best case scenario.

Last edited:
Wonder how this lineup could have looked last season:

QG
frank
Battle
Brissett
Chukwu/Dolezaj//Sidibe platooning in and out

It's not making any assumption -- that was the circumstance presented above. Carey has also explicitly stated that the coaches are talking one-and-done with him -- time will tell whether that's realistic, but it certainly has to be the expectation.

My gut says that is a bit of coach speak during the recruiting process. Not saying he can't be, but if I were a recruit coming in I surely would not bank on a top 50ish kid being a certain one and done.

That said I hope QG would be able to take a slightly longer term view, or be convinced that the two could coexist.

Obviously we are a few steps ahead of ourselves as he has not even left Kentucky, but I can envision quite a bit of convincing needed. Hope it happens, would be a great problem to have.

You put the best players on the floor. If carey and Hughes are playing and Buddy is shooting well to then he’s going to have to play somewhere which is my point. Of course he isn’t a small forward
Hughes will be playing the 3 not the guard spot

My gut says that is a bit of coach speak during the recruiting process. Not saying he can't be, but if I were a recruit coming in I surely would not bank on a top 50ish kid being a certain one and done.

That said I hope QG would be able to take a slightly longer term view, or be convinced that the two could coexist.

Obviously we are a few steps ahead of ourselves as he has not even left Kentucky, but I can envision quite a bit of convincing needed. Hope it happens, would be a great problem to have.

QG has no choice but to take a long term view. Whatever NBA aspirations he had going to UK have to be pretty much dashed on the rocks. There aren't too many 5-11 guards in the NBA, and by transferring he's committing to staying in college for three years, minimum. So he'd better go where he's most comfortable. Could be here, could be elsewhere.

Too extreme a statement. Buddy doesn't even shave at this point. Continuing to grow is not out of the question. At 6'7 he could play the 3. Now, he may be done growing. But spot duty at the 3 down the road might be possible.
I don't think he is done growing. His brother is 6'7".

QG has no choice but to take a long term view. Whatever NBA aspirations he had going to UK have to be pretty much dashed on the rocks. There aren't too many 5-11 guards in the NBA, and by transferring he's committing to staying in college for three years, minimum. So he'd better go where he's most comfortable. Could be here, could be elsewhere.

One hopes he and his camp think as rationally as they should. But we've seen otherwise numerous times before. Let's see.

Who had a better season Frank or Quade? Frank and not even close. A year ago nobody would have thought that. Quade was going to be the great savior with the keys to the Ferrari. He dumped us for the hot chick who winked at him who then turned on him and tossed him aside. He can go to the G league with Basley for all I care. Loyalty still counts, at least to some people.

Good post. Yeah, the reason I would think he would be a nice addition is ballhandling. Simple as that as well as keeping practices competitive. One thing I am sick and tired of is having not enough guys who can handle the ball. It’s a big gamble with these conversion-into-PG type guards who are the prototypical Boeheim ‘zone fits.’ Just cannot have enough guards who can handle the ball. No issue with him. Plus, he did improve after coming back from his injury.

Who had a better season Frank or Quade? Frank and not even close. A year ago nobody would have thought that. Quade was going to be the great savior with the keys to the Ferrari. He dumped us for the hot chick who winked at him who then turned on him and tossed him aside. He can go to the G league with Basley for all I care. Loyalty still counts, at least to some people.

For sure. We know that NOW but that wasn’t the plan, IMO. We simply don’t know how it would’ve played out if Quade came here. Would Frank have been receptive to Quade? A good teammate after some of the past problems with recruits? FWIW, it worked out well and we only can say that now.

Good post. Yeah, the reason I would think he would be a nice addition is ballhandling. Simple as that as well as keeping practices competitive. One thing I am sick and tired of is having not enough guys who can handle the ball. It’s a big gamble with these conversion-into-PG type guards who are the prototypical Boeheim ‘zone fits.’ Just cannot have enough guards who can handle the ball. No issue with him. Plus, he did improve after coming back from his injury.

Agreed -- college hoops is so guard driven, having difference makers in the backcourt is a huge competitive advantage. I for one am excited about having 5-6 guards who can all play, and then letting practices sort out who gets the PT. Would be a welcome change.

Agreed -- college hoops is so guard driven, having difference makers in the backcourt is a huge competitive advantage. I for one am excited about having 5-6 guards who can all play, and then letting practices sort out who gets the PT. Would be a welcome change.
It would bring us into the modern age of college hoops too. You can't win consistently without great guard play. It's too bad we can't play a 3-guard lineup because having 4-6 that can play would be fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom