Quadir Copeland | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Quadir Copeland

Yeah, I'd be good with that. I also think if he starts, and is looked at as the starting PG, maybe throughout a game he plays with a bit less hotdog kind of play (just a little less). Now, he's looked on to make a difference when he's inserted. It's a different mindset.
He's a tremendous player and I hope he can add the three ball to his game.

Bumping this thread because Q deserves it.
He is hands down the most talented player on the team. Probably has the most pure God given gifts of any SU player in a very long time.
SU needs to make sure he doesn't leave as he is not only our best player he is the leader.
Q, is special. Great talent, energy, attitude, teammate. Swiss army type player. PG is natural position but can play 1,2,3 .
Hes also a heck of a defensive player.
All ACC next year is my prediction.

Copeland has that "IT" factor- quirky, unorthodox, innate bb instincts.
I re-watched the NCState game and even with the great play, after great play, after great plays made on offense, it was that one steal near the sideline leading to the reverse dunk, that showed how special he is, and can become. He anticipated the pass BEFORE it was even thrown, somewhat like a defensive end who anticipates a QB handoff, and takes it to the house for a TD. That's a rare, rare quality. And he makes it look easy, with max effort all the time.
He needs to simmer down with all the chatter, and maybe not let himself get overemotional, but that will come with time. Just get it a bit more under control since it seems to be what fuels his play. Besides we've had a few Alphas from Philly like Scoop and Dion, so his on-the-court 'tude is nothing new.
Just like with MCW in that F4 year, next year I'd give Q the keys to the offense...whether Judah is back or not, and let him run the show. We are better with him at PG. JMHO

I'm very confident in Q playing PG against forwards from what I have seen this year. If Judah is gone and Q is the starting PG then he will have to do it against a guard. I think he would have to tighten his handle a bit in the off season. I also feel like he would have to lean on his size and vision more if he struggled to get downhill on drives. That said he does have a natural feel for pace and angles which seems to allow him to get where he wants so perhaps it wouldn't be an issue at all.

Last edited:
I re-watched the NCState game and even with the great play, after great play, after great plays made on offense, it was that one steal near the sideline leading to the reverse dunk, that showed how special he is, and can become. He anticipated the pass BEFORE it was even thrown.

Yeah, that was a great play. During the game, I rewinded my video three times to watch it. I couldn't believe the reverse dunk. That was just nasty.

Bumping this thread because Q deserves it.
He is hands down the most talented player on the team. Probably has the most pure God given gifts of any SU player in a very long time.
SU needs to make sure he doesn't leave as he is not only our best player he is the leader.
Q, is special. Great talent, energy, attitude, teammate. Swiss army type player. PG is natural position but can play 1,2,3 .
Hes also a heck of a defensive player.
All ACC next year is my prediction.
I have always been a fan of Philly guards. Give me one on any team I have. NYC and Balt./DC guards follow closely. Philly guys have a special swag.
I am too lazy to look, but back pre-season or early season, I said something about Q being he best NBA prospect on the team. With polish, and some better players around him, MCW 2.0 is possible.

I have always been a fan of Philly guards. Give me one on any team I have. NYC and Balt./DC guards follow closely. Philly guys have a special swag.
I am too lazy to look, but back pre-season or early season, I said something about Q being he best NBA prospect on the team. With polish, and some better players around him, MCW 2.0 is possible.
Me too. He's not a lock but I bet he end up in the NBA

He's a tremendous player and I hope he can add the three ball to his game.
We are so fortunate he is Orange. I hope no one hobbles him, just let him keep growing and maturing as a player.

IMHO, Copeland is one of the most important guys to keep in Orange, especially if Bell is starting SF again and if Judah leaves. He is just scratching the surface. And he does a little of everything so he’s useful no matter the team makeup. He will be All Conference if he stays 4 years.

Q has some stuff going on..let’s see what happens

Tell us you're being vague, without telling us you're being vague.
There's so much to unwrap in that statement, so please ...

Go On Then GIF by AbsoluteRadio

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom