Quadir Copeland | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Quadir Copeland

Who is the favorite to win a hypothetical game:

Judah, JJ, Bell, Taylor, McLeod

Vs.

Judah, Cuffe, Quadir, Benny, Maliq

If the last game was any indication, the second lineup is far and wide a better option.

In addition, you have more “grinders”, more athleticism and more heart in the second group as well.

If the last game was any indication, the second lineup is far and wide a better option.

In addition, you have more “grinders”, more athleticism and more heart in the second group as well.
Excellent description "grinders". Then add "lighting" with Q!!

McLeod has a few injury issues. Very rarely does he go back in after being taken out. I think the two are related.

That second group, I would think.
I think Red knows it, too

perhaps a bit gun shy to change any starters and ruffle feathers

but perhaps also its a bit of unpredictability and flexibility ...if one of the starters is hot then keep him in, if not go to the bench...

a strong bench makes a team dangerous

IMG_3286.gif

Damn, you’re right
Average ppg stats back you up. Lineup 1 is more productive at 52.3 (boosted by JJ and Bell), versus lineup 2 at 45.1 (boosted by Brown but not enough to make up for JJ/Bell), assuming all these guys were healthy and playing (and still with the program).

Last edited:
Our best lineup on the season according to plus/minus is Judah/JJ/Copeland/Taylor/Brown. Our second best is Judah/JJ/Bell/Taylor/Brown.
In my head Bell over Taylor

Our best lineup on the season according to plus/minus is Judah/JJ/Copeland/Taylor/Brown. Our second best is Judah/JJ/Bell/Taylor/Brown.
Interesting where we are at now per EvanMiya

Best Five Man:
M. Brown / Q. Copeland / J. Mintz / J. Starling / J. Taylor

YET Best Three Man:
C. Bell / M. Brown / Q. Copeland

Regardless. Bell + Taylor at same time ain't where it's at

Weird that different sites can have different +/-. You’d think it’s a stat that is pretty simple. Site I’m looking at has our +/- rankings as:

Brown
Copeland
Bell
Judah
Taylor
Carey
Cuffe
McLeod
Williams
Hima
JJ

Weird that different sites can have different +/-. You’d think it’s a stat that is pretty simple. Site I’m looking at has our +/- rankings as:

Brown
Copeland
Bell
Judah
Taylor
Carey
Cuffe
McLeod
Williams
Hima
JJ
This was lineup specific. Not individual players.

quadir copeland is currently 5th in the ACC (conference only) ft attempts.
can't remember who leads the league by +2 over 2nd place...?

I liked him the minute I saw his tape. Pretty sure I posted that I felt he had the most upside of all the kids that year. His skills are crazy good. He will only get better and if he somehow develops a J he will make the league. If not he's going to have a very successful pro career overseas.
Bumping this thread because Q deserves it.
He is hands down the most talented player on the team. Probably has the most pure God given gifts of any SU player in a very long time.
SU needs to make sure he doesn't leave as he is not only our best player he is the leader.
Q, is special. Great talent, energy, attitude, teammate. Swiss army type player. PG is natural position but can play 1,2,3 .
Hes also a heck of a defensive player.
All ACC next year is my prediction.

Maybe we should call him the Big Q? Like Oscar, an all around stat stuffer.

the biggest downside to his game right now is also the reason people like watching him play (me included) . he hotdogs too much. goes globetrotter too often.

the biggest downside to his game right now is also the reason people like watching him play (me included) . he hotdogs too much. goes globetrotter too often.
He does for sure which comes from his Philly roots. Red has already harnessed his talents and given another off season he will be better. Q is never going to lose the flash as that is part of his game his swag, but he will continue to learn to channel it. Unless Judah returns I fully expect him at the 1 next year.

He does for sure which comes from his Philly roots. Red has already harnessed his talents and given another off season he will be better. Q is never going to lose the flash as that is part of his game his swag, but he will continue to learn to channel it. Unless Judah returns I fully expect him at the 1 next year.
Yeah, I'd be good with that. I also think if he starts, and is looked at as the starting PG, maybe throughout a game he plays with a bit less hotdog kind of play (just a little less). Now, he's looked on to make a difference when he's inserted. It's a different mindset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom