Quadir Copeland | Syracusefan.com

Quadir Copeland

Q bided his time last season, this year he's going to hoover up everyone's minutes.

Per 100 possessions, last year (top row) vs this year (bottom row) in roughly the same amount of minutes:
1702992077942.png

I know this is hyperbole, but I think Quadir has the highest ceiling out of anyone on the team. Whether he gets there, I have no idea, but he's got all the athletic ability in the world and a knack for the highlight. I think he gets better as the season goes on. He's still a work in progress, but damn.

Q bided his time last season, this year he's going to hoover up everyone's minutes.

Per 100 possessions, last year (top row) vs this year (bottom row) in roughly the same amount of minutes:
View attachment 235382

I know this is hyperbole, but I think Quadir has the highest ceiling out of anyone on the team. Whether he gets there, I have no idea, but he's got all the athletic ability in the world and a knack for the highlight. I think he gets better as the season goes on. He's still a work in progress, but damn.
Yeah, I tend to agree about his ceiling. Remember when the knock on Q when he was recruiting was his defense? It was said that he didn't try. That's what I love about Q, he's ALWAYS trying and doesn't take plays off.

View attachment 235382

I have no doubt he'll continue to improve on everything, including cutting turnovers. But if he can come back next year able to shoot 3s, watch out.

Q is such an exciting player to watch. He’s got the old school inner city hoops swagger. I feel like I’m watching And1 when he has the ball. He’s a great 6th man (even if he’s not the first person off the bench each game)

Q is such an exciting player to watch. He’s got the old school inner city hoops swagger. I feel like I’m watching And1 when he has the ball. He’s a great 6th man (even if he’s not the first person off the bench each game)
that spin move bucket he made last game...reminded me of another Philly(PA) legend...Dion Waiters! No Cuse player had the swag working like Dion!!

I’ve been skeptical of Q being a solid rotational guy, but his play the last couple of games has been impressive; A+ defender and rebounder, facilitator and opportunistic scorer on offense, no 3pt shots or stupid passes. I am looking forward to watching him play the next two and a half seasons - potential star!

Yeah, I tend to agree about his ceiling. Remember when the knock on Q when he was recruiting was his defense? It was said that he didn't try. That's what I love about Q, he's ALWAYS trying and doesn't take plays off.
I was one of those people saying that. I'm not sure I've ever seen a kid look so entirely different from the films during his recruitment. He not only seemed to give no effort defensively, he appeared indifferent on the floor in general unless he had the ball. I mean, some stuff translated -- creative, great passer, good going to the rim -- but he's just an entirely different player than I thought he'd be.

I’ve been skeptical of Q being a solid rotational guy, but his play the last couple of games has been impressive; A+ defender and rebounder, facilitator and opportunistic scorer on offense, no 3pt shots or stupid passes. I am looking forward to watching him play the next two and a half seasons - potential star!
He got away with a couple dicey passes in the last one but I think you just have to live with that part of his game a bit since he brings so much more to the floor. Obviously it needs to be within reason, but a few turnovers are OK if a guy also is creating a lot of offense for himself and others.

It's funny, because Q is so old school the way he plays. I love it. What I could really see happening is that he stays at Cuse for his 4 years, and by his final year, he could be really elite and dominant. His will and confidence just moves people. That dude is good but will be much better.

View attachment 235382

The ceiling point is probably true though I'd point out that part of the reason for that is that Judah is already at such a high floor. If he continues to shoot from deep he's about as complete a player as you're going to see at the college level. Not sure Q would quite have that kind of ceiling, per se.

What I'd say about Q is that he can be impactful on both ends of the floor and in transition. That's about as high a compliment as you can give to a player -- at least if they can consistently do it. It's a different category than the Melos and Motens, etc., who are all-time greats for a variety of reasons, but it's a really high compliment. Guys like Rautins, Rick Jackson, MCW weren't all-around perfect players but they were a factor in so many ways that they often had an outsized impact on the game.

He got away with a couple dicey passes in the last one but I think you just have to live with that part of his game a bit since he brings so much more to the floor. Obviously it needs to be within reason, but a few turnovers are OK if a guy also is creating a lot of offense for himself and others.
Well said. I have really started to believe just that- gotta live with his 2-3 ??? plays each game in exchange for just the overall everything he brings

I liked him the minute I saw his tape. Pretty sure I posted that I felt he had the most upside of all the kids that year. His skills are crazy good. He will only get better and if he somehow develops a J he will make the league. If not he's going to have a very successful pro career overseas.

Judah is already at such a high floor. If he continues to shoot from deep he's about as complete a player as you're going to see at the college level.
Concur. I'm not sure Judah has much more in him. If he sustains a 35+ 3P%, does he move into the back of the 1st round? I'm not sure. Maybe. Whereas with Copeland, I think with his size and athletic ability, if he can show a legitimate jumper and cut down his TOs, he can be mid-1st rounder. I think it's still a long way to get there, but I can see that happening.

I like that he actually understands rebounds matter and goes for them..
Lets think about this :
-There are 10 guys and only 1 ball
-Half of those guys are trying to beat your side
-You have to put the ball in the basket more than the other 5 guys to win
-If you have the ball you have a chance to put it in the basket
-If they have the ball they have a chance to put it in the basket

It is very hard for me to understand why every player at any level of organized bball doesn't show maximum effort toward rebounding every miss that is anywhere close to them. It is a self evident truth that possessing the ball as much as possible maximizes your chances of winning.

Concur. I'm not sure Judah has much more in him. If he sustains a 35+ 3P%, does he move into the back of the 1st round? I'm not sure. Maybe. Whereas with Copeland, I think with his size and athletic ability, if he can show a legitimate jumper and cut down his TOs, he can be mid-1st rounder. I think it's still a long way to get there, but I can see that happening.
If Judah shows an improved ability to pass the ball, he’s got a chance of moving up some. Working out when to share and when to go iso is what takes his game to the next level.

View attachment 235382

yeah honestly during the oregon game I thought the same

to do what he can at his size and height...perhaps projects better to the NBA than anyone on the roster.

having a stat stuffer type that gets after it, can get assists, rebounds etc...similar to a draymond green just a bit smaller. not a lot of players that can bring all he can at his height.

I have no doubt he'll continue to improve on everything, including cutting turnovers. But if he can come back next year able to shoot 3s, watch out.
if he could become deadly from 3, he could be a first rounder, imo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom