Quentin Hillsman hired by Ole Miss as Asst Coach | Syracusefan.com

Quentin Hillsman hired by Ole Miss as Asst Coach

Why Would You Do That Ross Geller GIF

I'm going to go out a limb here, but I don't think any of us know the real story of what happened.

Covid year, check
Tiana coming back from being out a year with breast cancer, check
Tiana getting all the love for a couple of years, check
11 players accusing Q of bullying and harrassment after all the above happened, check
Former player coming out on youtube and accusing Tiana of being a bully and denigrating everyone after everybody left and team collapsed, check

I don't know what happened, I won't defend Q either but I do find it curious that other players from previous years never said the same. I blame it on the covid year, everyone seemed to lose their mind.

What a joke that is a high character .
Obviously they ignored the report that got him to be released from Syracuse.
Redemption....The report of the investigation was never released, so all we have are allegations, some of which were were refuted by former players, and many were confirmed by former players. He resigned and was not officially fired......So, his agent and representatives can always state the above. This is sports we are talking about here! Worse things are happening in politics! Rick Pitino, Bobby Patino, Hugh Freeze,
Bobby Knight, Jim Harrick, Urban Meyer,Jerry Tarkanian, Art Briles,Butch Davis, Jim Tressel,Kelvin Sampson, to name a few, were all involved in scandas and came back to coach again..why not Coach Q?

Since he's not the Head man anymore, wonder if he'll continue his fashion statement...The twitter pic, he's looking like Cee-Lo Green

I'm going to go out a limb here, but I don't think any of us know the real story of what happened.

Covid year, check
Tiana coming back from being out a year with breast cancer, check
Tiana getting all the love for a couple of years, check
11 players accusing Q of bullying and harrassment after all the above happened, check
Former player coming out on youtube and accusing Tiana of being a bully and denigrating everyone after everybody left and team collapsed, check

I don't know what happened, I won't defend Q either but I do find it curious that other players from previous years never said the same. I blame it on the covid year, everyone seemed to lose their mind.
A lot of coaches are "bullies". It's the old school way of how things were. But it's no different in coaching or managing people. If someone takes the umbrage to your words or actions, you need to take responsibility for that.

But like you said, no one really knows, but we do know the written allegations. It can't be easy for a female player getting berated in front of her teammates for "screwing up" by a male coach, and I'm thinking Q was probably not even as harsh as Geno, who doesn't come off as a softie, but when 11 players are behind the allegations then it's never going to end well.

I always thought Q was a little off. But he was a great recruiter and depending on how long he is at Ole Miss, they could potentially become a top five program.

I'm not going to wish him good luck, but I do think he deserves a 2nd chance. I usually don't think that zebras can change their stripes, but maybe as a second banana, it will be more suited to normal behavior.

Redemption...The report of the investigation was never released, so all we have are allegations, some of which were were refuted by former players, and many were confirmed by former players. He resigned and was not officially fired...So, his agent and representatives can always state the above. This is sports we are talking about here! Worse things are happening in politics! Rick Pitino, Bobby Patino, Hugh Freeze,
Bobby Knight, Jim Harrick, Urban Meyer,Jerry Tarkanian, Art Briles,Butch Davis, Jim Tressel,Kelvin Sampson, to name a few, were all involved in scandas and came back to coach again..why not Coach Q?
Yes everyone dederves a second chance, just didn't think it would be this soon.

I never suspected the ol' Q-ball had it in him to be an Oxford man- never liked his coaching style or his substitution patterns or the way he constructed a team and the impressions of him a lot of the women came away with were pretty damning although as far as that goes he did have some prominent defenders as well. I think you could have made a compelling case to fire him purely for basketball reasons, regardless of the interpersonal dramas.

Since he's not the Head man anymore, wonder if he'll continue his fashion statement...The twitter pic, he's looking like Cee-Lo Green
He must need more cash for the weird glasses budget.

Oh he is definitely still radioactive. He will be for life.

This is about Mississippi, their ethics and their concern for their student athletes.

What a pathetic institution.
Easy for us to take the higher ground here but let's remember our AD was extolling his greatness just prior to the Athletic article. Our institution wasn't flexing many muscles prior to that article.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom