Question about Courtside seats at the Dome | Syracusefan.com

Question about Courtside seats at the Dome

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Allright I figured before I got laughed at by someone in the ticket office I would do my homework here first.

My Father is turning 60 this month and of course when I asked what he wanted SU basketball tickets were the only answer. Of course I didnt get this information the entire football season when I could have asked around the crew at the Fine Lot tailgate but I digress.

Anyway at yesterdays game I was scoping out the courtside seats and it appears after the obvious initial courtside row they go back about 3-4 rows deep and then there is the aisle way and then the bleachers. With it being his 60th I figured I would at least look into courtside seats to see how the process works or even if they are available on a game to game basis.

So for those in the know, are you able to purchase courtside seasts for a single game?
If so any idea on what I would be looking at cost wise?
Are the few rows behind the courtside seats an option? Anyone have any experiences with these?
If courtside is out what would your recommendation for great seats be?
Should I try Stubhub or go with giving my first born to the ticket office?

I should know this but my season tickets are for Lax and Football so I am not the best source for bball ticket info.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The best way to buy courtside or "close" tickets is through stubhub. However, for the Big East they can be ridiculously expensive, although as the game gets closer and they don't sell, you might be able to get seats for a reduced rate. I assume you are talking about just one game? All of the best seats are taken by season ticket owners, so it's not even a matter of purchasing them from the ticket office; I don't think any will be available.

You might want to go on the stubhub.com website, put in the date of a game, then surf around and see what's available and what awful price it is. I have bought and sold tickets with stub hub and they are reliable. I have season tickets myself now, but it's in 309 - great seats! But not "primo" like it sounds you are wanting for your dad. And I go to every game so they're not available, either. Good luck to you.

By the way, you sound like a great son!

The best way to buy courtside or "close" tickets is through stubhub. However, for the Big East they can be ridiculously expensive, although as the game gets closer and they don't sell, you might be able to get seats for a reduced rate. I assume you are talking about just one game? All of the best seats are taken by season ticket owners, so it's not even a matter of purchasing them from the ticket office; I don't think any will be available.

You might want to go on the stubhub.com website, put in the date of a game, then surf around and see what's available and what awful price it is. I have bought and sold tickets with stub hub and they are reliable. I have season tickets myself now, but it's in 309 - great seats! But not "primo" like it sounds you are wanting for your dad. And I go to every game so they're not available, either. Good luck to you.

By the way, you sound like a great son!

Thanks for the response Beadle, you pretty much affirmed my suspicions about how the process works. I have used Stub hub once or twice in the past without issue so I have no problem trying my luck there. As you noted might be a good idea to pick a game maybe even the Alcorn game as some have mentioned and see whats available. Agree on 309 good area lot of hardcore fans up there. Sat in 211 yesterday and was blown away by the seats amazing location.

Can't buy per game as far as I know. That's why they have added extra rows due to the demand. For the season I think they run $4k to $8k per seat depending on the row.

I know your Dad and he's going to really appreciate his new courtside season tickets.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Can't buy per game as far as I know. That's why they have added extra rows due to the demand. For the season I think they run $4k to $8k per seat depending on the row.

I know your Dad and he's going to really appreciate his new courtside season tickets.

Ya after Beadles post I figured I was SOL on buying a one game ticket from the box office (not that I was looking forward to that anyway).

LOL my fiance would have a rutgersboard esque meltdown if I spend that much coin, shes allready got her heart set on a Seneca lake winery wedding, I need every cent I can spare.

Ya after Beadles post I figured I was SOL on buying a one game ticket from the box office (not that I was looking forward to that anyway).

LOL my fiance would have a rutgersboard esque meltdown if I spend that much coin, shes allready got her heart set on a Seneca lake winery wedding, I need every cent I can spare.

Heard you tipped your program vendor. ;)

LOL I didnt even see him when I walked by, suddenly I hear this little voice saying my name I look over and there he is hawking programs and yearbooks. He almost sold me on the yearbook/program combo but I figured I might see him again if I make another game. Tell him not to spend all that tip in one place, christ I sound as old as orangeyes.

Jeremy .. Check your inbox.

I just bought a couple courtsides from Stubhub and they weren't too bad as long as you aren't looking into the Big East schedule. That's going to be the big determining factor as far as I can tell. There's a couple courtsides in the 108 section for the Detroit game. Might be neat to be close to the team for what should be win #900.

Bees, does that 4-8k number include whatever donation I'm assuming the University would require to purchase the tickets?

Edit: I'm assuming someone just a little higher in the pecking order than me just helped you out. :) Generous, as always. Whatever happens, I hope your dad has a blast.

I just bought a couple courtsides from Stubhub and they weren't too bad as long as you aren't looking into the Big East schedule. That's going to be the big determining factor as far as I can tell. There's a couple courtsides in the 108 section for the Detroit game. Might be neat to be close to the team for what should be win #900.

Bees, does that 4-8k number include whatever donation I'm assuming the University would require to purchase the tickets?
First row side court cost a $17,000 donation for two tickets ... plus the price of the tickets... plus parking ... and probably plus something else. They also require a multi-year commitment

First row side court cost a $17,000 donation for two tickets ... plus the price of the tickets... plus parking ... and probably something else. They also require a multi=year commitment

Thank you for the information! This is the stuff that seems difficult to come by sometimes.

Thank you for the information! This is the stuff that seems difficult to come by sometimes.

Agreed, even though its so out of my league were not even playing the same sport I have always wondered how the proces works. As you noted that kind of info is not readily available but I assumed as you noted it wasnt coming without a signficiant committment.

I got married last year at Wagner. Where are you looking?

First row side court cost a $17,000 donation for two tickets ... plus the price of the tickets... plus parking ... and probably plus something else. They also require a multi-year commitment
My daughter just applied to SU . So can I use the donation $ as credit against tuition? I didn't think so. Looks like the closest she'll get to SU is ESF. I told her either you need to be very rich or very poor to afford her dream school. I'm neither. (or very very smart-I'm not that either).

Edit: I'm assuming someone just a little higher in the pecking order than me just helped you out. :) Generous, as always. Whatever happens, I hope your dad has a blast.

Thank you for the information it really was helpful, CTO is beyond generous, having met her a few times I haven't found a person who isnt a huge fan.

I got married last year at Wagner. Where are you looking?

Thats to funny was just there a few weeks ago, actually the day of the Missouri game for a meeting with the wedding coordinator there. I love Wagner great wines and beer. I was pushing for Wagner but our first stop was at Ventosa and she fell in love. We havent decided 100% yet but I think the distance to Wagner from Syracuse has her a little concerned that its to far even though really its only about 20-25 min away from Ventosa. You will have to let me know how it was for your wedding seemed like a great spot to me.

tell him next time to stick around a little longer....went back in the second half to where he was to hook him up and he was outta there....must of been feeding time :)

tell him next time to stick around a little longer....went back in the second half to where he was to hook him up and he was outta there....must of been feeding time :)

Bees must have bought him a Nachos Grande

Hope everyone caught LurkerRay and a friend courtside last night.

Thanks to a generous person.

Jeremy, Glad it works. Some of my best memories are of attending games with my Dad when I was a child. I think it is the reason I became such a lifelong sports fan. I hope you will have similar memories of attending games with your Dad. Now, we just have to hope JB wins his 903rd game on 12/31 (which, oddly, is MY birthday)... so that I will not be using the 1/2 RU game tickets myself!

Jeremy, Glad it works out. Some of my best memories are of attending games with my Dad when I was a child. I think it is the reason I became such a lifelong sports fan. I hope you will have similar memories of attending games with your Dad. Now, we just have to hope JB wins his 903rd game on 12/31 (which, oddly, is MY birthday)... so that I will not be using the 1/2 RU game tickets myself!

I agree I can remember attending a few games with my father when I was younger, we never had seasons due to a variety of reasons until I was in college and pushed him to get them but we made the occassional game and he always had it on TV which I think are my first real memories of SU and why I am so passionate it about it now. We have football season tickets together and every game is certainly an adventure (just ask the people around us) but its something I wouldnt give up for anything.

Fingers crossed everything works out especially with the 12/31 game being on your birthday, but either way I appreciate it more then you know.

Jeremy, You check out Glenora? I have a few connections there, who run the event/wedding planning part.

Looks like I'm a little late to the party but i saw 2 in row BB or whatever it is in courtside section for $250 a piece on StubHub for one the pre-BE games.

Jeremy, You check out Glenora? I have a few connections there, who run the event/wedding planning part.

Hey Adam hows it going buddy, hope things are going good up there.
We are very familiar with Glenora (stop there everytime we do Seneca) but didnt know they did weddings there, definitely will have to look into that now especially since you have the hook up;). Seriously though good call, very nice place will let the Fiance know tonight.

Hey Adam hows it going buddy, hope things are going good up there.
We are very familiar with Glenora (stop there everytime we do Seneca) but didnt know they did weddings there, definitely will have to look into that now especially since you have the hook up;). Seriously though good call, very nice place will let the Fiance know tonight.

Things are good man, -35 today tho lol. I love Glenora, I poured wine for 2 summers there back in the day. If you go down to the resturant, ask the person at the front desk about it. They should square you away. Tell the Fiance the wife and I say hey, hope the pups are doing good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom