quick analysis... | Syracusefan.com

quick analysis...

newmexicuse

All Conference
if we look at the starters, oshae, chuk, and frank are not playing as well as last season. of course, frank has the injury excuse, but that does not change the fact of poorer play. ty has not made any big jump over last season. elijah is an upgrade, but that is about it.

off the bench, marek has not built upon his end of season play. he is a kid who lets the game come too much to him. needs to be more forceful. carey has flashes,but is not yet consistent. i do not undetstand why buddy cant hit a shot. sid looked better last year playing hurt.

bottom line, why have so many not improved or actually regressed ????I

gotta get some staff accountability for that.

The first half looked like our typical OOC game slog filled with no ball movement, sleep walking on both ends, and then one good 2 minute spurt to open a 10 point lead. The second half was a disaster. JB got his pants coached off. Offense asleep. No attempted change. No subs. Where was Cary while Frank was doing nothing? Many missed free throws, including front ends of 1-and-1s. Constantly leaving ODU's best shooter wide open. And today Battle's shot was off so he wasn't going to rescue us. We stunk in every phase of the game in 2nd half. This team does not look like a NCAAT team. Things can change but its hard to see this team beating the top teams in the ACC.

but returning the core should have made us strides better. guess that was my point.

We lost that game by running terrible offense in the second half.
At the end of the game, with 3 minutes and change left, Brissett was being guarded by Stith about 10 feet from the rim. Instead of posting him up, when the ball was passed to him, he took a dribble away from the basket and passed out to a guard. In the last 2 minutes, I think every single shot attempt was a three. We are not a strong three point shooting team. So frustrating.

We lost that game by running terrible offense in the second half.
At the end of the game, with 3 minutes and change left, Brissett was being guarded by Stith about 10 feet from the rim. Instead of posting him up, when the ball was passed to him, he took a dribble away from the basket and passed out to a guard. In the last 2 minutes, I think every single shot attempt was a three. We are not a strong three point shooting team. So frustrating.
Ok, taking what you said as true (and I have no reason to doubt you), who's fault is it? JB's old offense or the players for not recognizing it? I mean even if the offense is dribble drive around picks, can't the players see obvious mismatches? If Chewie is on a guard, you hesitate to throw to him because it may be 50-50 he catches it but Oshae?

if we look at the starters, oshae, chuk, and frank are not playing as well as last season. of course, frank has the injury excuse, but that does not change the fact of poorer play. ty has not made any big jump over last season. elijah is an upgrade, but that is about it.

off the bench, marek has not built upon his end of season play. he is a kid who lets the game come too much to him. needs to be more forceful. carey has flashes,but is not yet consistent. i do not undetstand why buddy cant hit a shot. sid looked better last year playing hurt.

Battle has. Shooting %s are up across the board. FT attempts have doubled. Rebounds up, steals up, turnovers down.

I don't want to like this, but I was thinking the very same thing today reflecting on our start of the season. Just hard to imagine that so far, no one has really stepped up. That said, I do think the team will get it going. Too much talent. I just hope they do without digging themselves a deep hole to have to get out of. I'm tired of those seasons.

I’m tired of all the back and forth about the players. Frank is this, Carey is that, yadayada. Players come and go but the same problems remain. That tells me all i need to know. This is not about the players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom