Quick and Dirty (in a good way) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Quick and Dirty (in a good way)

Not sure a band plays right now.. If they cant play will many wany to be there? The bands i know about are being told already to not plan on playing in the fall. If yelling spreads the virus the Tomcat Tubas got to be even worse.
Good point...so make band TBD?

Suppose you gotta make cheer and dance teams TBD too?

Last edited:
I don’t want to be the one left out
Don't worry maybe you win the 50/50 at the tailgate and get two free tickets. If you don't win you still can sit in the lot and drink and watch the game on the TV. Probably most of us will be there sigh...

Seriously I expect tailgates might be hard to pull off unless this thing burns out

It will be interesting to see to what extremes they make people social distance too when sitting.. I mean if you are with your family in your house it doesnt really make sense to make you sit seats apart.. its gonna be complex.

It will be interesting to see to what extremes they make people social distance too when sitting.. I mean if you are with your family in your house it doesnt really make sense to make you sit seats apart.. its gonna be complex.
At some point we have to trust folks. I don't think micromanaging by the Yellow Coats would go over well.

To any naysayers...if you aren't comfortable, don't go.

Seen stuff out there that if you are with family you sit like normal.

Policing this stuff will be next to impossible. Esp in a place like the Dome where there aren't actual seats.

Im still thinking we have treatments by end of summer that work much better and really limit the issue down to the people with the most exposure issues.

If it was me...a mix of STHers, administration, band, parents and students. To me 25% is worst case.
Well I will help out, unless situation was vastly improved this is one season ticket seat they can have

I'm under 35 and healthy. If only 15k are allowed with masks to go I would probably attend.

Well I will help out, unless situation was vastly improved this is one season ticket seat they can have
I agree 100%. Your choice... I'd also support everyone to be grandfathered in with their seats for '21.

I agree 100%. Your choice... I'd also support everyone to be grandfathered in with their seats for '21.
If they could bring in 15k and be 99 % sure they wouldn’t foster a new spike of cases then that would be great. Right now they can’t . That’s just medical fact. Hoping they come up with advanced treatment before Sept , that could alter situation.

I know a lot of people are scared because they’ve been fear mongered. I hope the first game is filled to capacity with no restrictive measures. No masks, no distancing. Full restoration of constitutional rights. The crowd joyously sings the national anthem. And we win.

I know a lot of people are scared because they’ve been fear mongered. I hope the first game is filled to capacity with no restrictive measures. No masks, no distancing. Full restoration of constitutional rights. The crowd joyously sings the national anthem. And we win.
Incorrect and easily proven.

Quick and dirty hopes (the SU Football kind):
1. There’s a season
2. The OL is adequate to good
3. The receiving corps is good to great. Someone or 2 emerges. Slot receiver catches 85% of targets.
4. New schemes under incoming DC and OC work well with our personnel.
5. Tommie Boy makes the intangibles tangible.
6. One of the back-up QBs on the roster distinguishes himself.
7. Ex-Oklahoma running back Abdul Adams puts up Marcus Dupree like numbers. Jarveon is the second coming of Delone Carter (minus the snowball) and Jawhar Jordan is a revelation.
8. The Heid’s Dome renovation provides glitz, glamour and buzz (and better hot dogs)
9. Team stays motivated and hungry now that they don’t begin the season ranked #22
10. Special teams, turnover margin and third down conversion’s are all well above average.
11. Other ACC teams suck in 2020 making our ascendancy easier.
12. Breakout seasons for Caleb O, Kingsley J, Harris, Bergeron, Tisdale, C Jackson and the new punter.
13. We go bowling (party) like it’s 1999
14. My name is Stephen Crane and I approved this message.
LGO Baby!

Before this gets out of control and locked, let's get back to the original post. I'm particularly focused on #2. We need a good OL the entire season - not just the last part.

The receiving corps will be interesting. Hopefully Taj Harris and Tommy can be on the same page more frequently. Unfortunately, they aren't getting much time to work together so far this offseason.

I would love the NyKeim Johnson production from 2 years ago and Jordan, Sharod Johnson and Courtney Jackson are other guys to look at.

If you don't want to go for a personal safety issue... don't go. Your seats will be there in '21. Others (me included) will do a risk assessment and will plan to go.
Just drink some of that Orange Hydroxychloroquine.lots of it.

Before this gets out of control and locked, let's get back to the original post. I'm particularly focused on #2. We need a good OL the entire season - not just the last part.

The receiving corps will be interesting. Hopefully Taj Harris and Tommy can be on the same page more frequently. Unfortunately, they aren't getting much time to work together so far this offseason.

I would love the NyKeim Johnson production from 2 years ago and Jordan, Sharod Johnson and Courtney Jackson are other guys to look at.
Taj has to realize this Fall needs to be his breakout year. If he becomes a 1500+ yd guy he will a NFL prospect

Taj has to realize this Fall needs to be his breakout year. If he becomes a 1500+ yd guy he will a NFL prospect

Agree. He has the physical talent. Hopefully he and Tommy will have a better connection this season.

Quick and dirty hopes (the SU Football kind):
1. There’s a season
2. The OL is adequate to good
3. The receiving corps is good to great. Someone or 2 emerges. Slot receiver catches 85% of targets.
4. New schemes under incoming DC and OC work well with our personnel.
5. Tommie Boy makes the intangibles tangible.
6. One of the back-up QBs on the roster distinguishes himself.
7. Ex-Oklahoma running back Abdul Adams puts up Marcus Dupree like numbers. Jarveon is the second coming of Delone Carter (minus the snowball) and Jawhar Jordan is a revelation.
8. The Heid’s Dome renovation provides glitz, glamour and buzz (and better hot dogs)
9. Team stays motivated and hungry now that they don’t begin the season ranked #22
10. Special teams, turnover margin and third down conversion’s are all well above average.
11. Other ACC teams suck in 2020 making our ascendancy easier.
12. Breakout seasons for Caleb O, Kingsley J, Harris, Bergeron, Tisdale, C Jackson and the new punter.
13. We go bowling (party) like it’s 1999
14. My name is Stephen Crane and I approved this message.
LGO Baby!

Hied's is a Florida State stan. Traitors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom