Quick Hit | Syracusefan.com

Quick Hit

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
At Elmira High School for my daughter’s dance comp…

Found this near the auditorium and thought it was a nice little tribute.

IMG_0492.jpeg

They may already have done this - but it’d be a tasteful, and smart move, by the AD to reach out to the school district and provide a little funding to establish a meaningful scholarship, monument or something else to engrain that legacy in the Elmira/Corning/Binghamton area.

Sleepy part of the state but has produced some very, very solid athletes.

They may already have done this - but it’d be a tasteful, and smart move, by the AD to reach out to the school district and provide a little funding to establish a meaningful scholarship, monument or something else to engrain that legacy in the Elmira/Corning/Binghamton area.

636102455569210697--H3A4292.JPG

Junior High in Elmira.

Isn't that Rob Conrad's collection?...
No if it was Rob’s collection his 1998 Orange bowl jersey would be the centerpiece. After all they kept the legacy going specially so they could retire the jersey after he wore it. Ernie is just a secondary figure at best in any 44 display next to Rob :D

No if it was Rob’s collection his 1998 Orange bowl jersey would be the centerpiece. After all they kept the legacy going specially so they could retire the jersey after he wore it. Ernie is just a secondary figure at best in any 44 display next to Rob :D

Lol, he uses the word legend when he refers to himself and 44.

Other than his name, the only thing I remember about him is his boat story. His play on the field, not so much.

Overrated underachiever. And I am not knocking him- he made the league. But he didn't live up to the hype- especially the 44 hype and expectations- any more than several other 44's. Why he'd try to make it his identity and on a tier with the elites, I don't know. He's a 44. A very good one, but never great.

To be fair, he was good here. Not 44 great, but quite good. I think we didn't use him enough as a ballcarrier. He was also quite good as a pro. He wasn't Moose Johnston, but he was similar as a blocking fullback.
The issue is his erratic behavior, not his history as an SU player.

This is very cool!

I would say this thread deserves a better title befitting of The Elmira Express but now I realize we are trying to hide it from Angry Rob Konrad so I applaud your title choice.

There's already an Ernie Davis scholarship organization dedicated to supporting his legacy and providing scholarships to high school athletes who share his traits. I'd prefer any efforts go to supporting the existing organization rather than starting a secondary one. I'm including a link in case anyone feels motivated to contribute - as OttoinGrotto noted in NIL discussions, contributing/donating to something like this has a more meaningful impact than donating to NIL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom