Quick look back= GOBSMACKED! Moving forward= ?!? | Syracusefan.com

Quick look back= GOBSMACKED! Moving forward= ?!?

DoctorBombay

Hall of Fame
When I saw the Hop threads I first thought this was a joke, but obviously we are now in uncharted, but not entirely unanticipated territory. Some of these points may have already been covered and if so, my bad for that.
(a) Looking back: GOBSMACKED seemed the most appropriate reaction I could've had.
Why now? Is JB faltering on his "deal" to leave after next year? How does this move affect the relationship between himself and Coach Hop? Will AD Wildhack have to drag JB kicking and screaming out of the Carrier Dome, or is this just the first shoe to drop? What about recruits, the assistant coaches; "HC GMac"?
This has now become a more precarious moment for the program. It DOES NOT look good that your heir-apparent finally decides to bolt for a "lesser" job. I can't blame Hop, he made the right decision for himself and his fam, but to say this is an ominous development would not be an exaggeration, IMO.
(2) Moving forward: Some posters believe that "Hop did us a favor". Maybe. But, alot of that depends on JB's reaction, IMO. Is he PO'd at Hop for jumping ship? Did he insist on more than one year or stay sufficiently vague enough to indicate he wouldn't leave quietly? Did he tell AD Wildhack that he's gone, and Wildhack nudged Coach Hop out the door? Does Wildhack and/or JB have someone in mind that they'd like to see? Will Rick Pitino Jr. come available? How long will the uncertain silence last- there's recruiting to be done!

Again, some of these points might've already been addressed, but moving forward, it'd be nice to get some concrete answers, asap. The biggest one being, "Is JB here for longer than 1 year"?
Stay tuned! Popcorn and soda

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom