Quincy Guerrier physically ready to play college hoops | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier physically ready to play college hoops

Qwinzee, somehow the Boston accent gets a "w" in there

I literally cannot think of how there wouldn’t be a w sound in it. I thought the weird part is the z sound which after reading this I realize I do.

I don't think many people who have any real understanding of or familiarity with France agree with that

I spend a lot of time there. I actually just got back.

It's not without its problems, but nothing there in any category is the "worst". And much of it is the "Best" anywhere starting with food, cheese, wine, art, architecture, trains, roads and the absence of grossly obese people lumbering around dressed in NFL spirit gear. Seventy-five percent of its electric power comes from nuke plants. Paris is the most beautiful city in the world and is extremely livable.
Odd that you left out France’s high unemployment, reliance on chemical/plastic industry, racism, etc... But they do have great cheese/wine and art. Thank god they have no obese people there running around in futbol jerseys too ;). Also I can think of at least 5 other cities in Europe that are as beautiful and livable as Paris.

Odd that you left out France’s high unemployment, reliance on chemical/plastic industry, racism, etc... But they do have great cheese/wine and art. Thank god they have no obese people there running around in futbol jerseys too ;). Also I can think of at least 5 other cities in Europe that are as beautiful and livable as Paris.

OK. List em. I spend a lot of time in Europe and know the major cities very well.

But lets start with beauty. Napoleon and Haussman settled that argument 150 years ago. So you might want to address livability because no one serious is going to challenge the layout and architecture of Paris.

Livability? Well not London, for sure. Ever been on a Metro train at rush hour in London?

Guer-ri-ere

Think of the pronunciation of two French words you probably do know.

La Guerre (War) for the "Guer" part
Derriere (Buttocks) for the "rier" part as in der·ri·ère

It's not "Gary-ay" ?

That would be normal French phonetic pronunciation based on that spelling.

If it was "Gary-air", it should have an e on the end, Garrierre.

But hey, however he and his family pronounce it is fine with me...

Last edited:
OK. List em. I spend a lot of time in Europe and know the major cities very well.

But lets start with beauty. Napoleon and Haussman settled that argument 150 years ago. So you might want to address livability because no one serious is going to challenge the layout and architecture of Paris.

Livability? Well not London, for sure. Ever been on a Metro train at rush hour in London?

I travel a fair amount for work to both Europe and the APAC region.

I would put London as similar to Paris on livability.

Zurich, Vienna, Geneva, Amsterdam, Luxembourg City, Stockholm, Helisinki, Berlin and other cities like Warsaw or Wroclaw in Poland are as livable. I’m not disputing the beauty of Paris.

I travel a fair amount for work to both Europe and the APAC region.

I would put London as similar to Paris on livability.

Zurich, Vienna, Geneva, Amsterdam, Luxembourg City, Stockholm, Helisinki, Berlin and other cities like Warsaw or Wroclaw in Poland are as livable. I’m not disputing the beauty of Paris.

Didn't you just write: "I can think of at least 5 other cities in Europe that are as beautiful and livable as Paris?"

Now you are changing your statement?

Would you put any value on restaurants, the quality of food at boulangeries, froamageries, etc, and the presence of museums, art etc on livability?

Didn't you just write: "I can think of at least 5 other cities in Europe that are as beautiful and livable as Paris?"

Now you are changing your statement?

Would you put any value on restaurants, the quality of food at boulangeries, froamageries, etc, and the presence of museums, art etc on livability?

Not changing at all. Paris is beautiful and a world class city. The cities I mentioned are more livable and as beautiful too. I put value on restaurants/food/culture but I also include affordability, economy, prosperity, crime, and poverty rates among important factors of livability. No factual right or wrong here just opinions.

Not changing at all. Paris is beautiful and a world class city. The cities I mentioned are more livable and as beautiful too. I put value on restaurants/food/culture but I also include affordability, economy, prosperity, crime, and poverty rates among important factors of livability. No factual right or wrong here just opinions.

So now you are saying Berlin is as beautiful as Paris? The Tiergarten and Unter der Lindens are the best of it. The rest is quite pedestrian. You did say above that other cities were as beautiful as Paris. I'm not making that up.

Paris rents and apartment prices aren't super high. They are very consistent with Washington, DC where I live. How about the affordability of Stockholm and Helsinki?

Of course, if you're really from Buffalo, that does make you and expert.

Why is it that Paris is the #1 tourist destination in the world and Warsaw isn't?

So now you are saying Berlin is as beautiful as Paris? The Tiergarten and Unter der Lindens are the best of it. The rest is quite pedestrian. You did say above that other cities were as beautiful as Paris. I'm not making that up.

Paris rents and apartment prices aren't super high. They are very consistent with Washington, DC where I live. How about the affordability of Stockholm and Helsinki?

Why is it that Paris is the #1 tourist destination in the world and Warsaw isn't?
Are you saying DC rents aren't high?
D.C. is the fifth most expensive U.S. city for renting
What does being from Buffalo have to do with having an opinion on the relative "beauty" or "livability" of a city.

Haha when someone disagrees you take cheap shots. Pathetic but expected after you let everyone know you travel often to Europe. Very impressive.

Obviously Stockholm and Helisinki are very expensive but you conveniently left out other pieces of livability. And yes Berlin is more livable than Paris.

I’m actually not from Buffalo but spent 3 very good years there. Keep drawing conclusions though because of my Sabres logo.

Lastly I believe that London is the #1 tourist destination.

Smile as everyone has different opinions. No need for your arrogance.

If we could get both Guerrier and Stewart nobody would push us around anymore.

atlas-top-half.jpg

I repeat..anyone know what happened?