Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect we will see him transfer to his dream school. Seton Hall. Just kidding. I think.

So what is your take on the reason. He was a starter logging big minutes. If it not concerns about showcasing his next level skills (outside shooting) given the makeup of next year's team, what is it?

So 2 of the top 3 players on the team are transferring, and the only one who isn’t is the coach’s son.

What the hell.
Honestly, I really think that should tell us something. Kids don't want to be yelled at. They don't want to be called out in press conferences. This isn't 1985 anymore. Kids have options. They play at 3 high schools in 4 years. They get recruited to play in high school. They don't want to be coached like the kids were coached in the old days. The coaches that grasp that and move forward, will be the future Hall of Famers. The coaches that want to be the next Bobby Knight, will follow him to the unemployment line. It's just a different world.

No. That isn't it. But it does put a good face on it.

well I’m not going to believe it was some Q and JB issue when the kid started both seasons, played plenty, JB never had any blow ups with him and even said he could be an AA. Plus if Q doesn’t believe he’s the man amongst the forwards next year then that’s on him. We brought in two good transfers but they aren’t AA’s. Hell he was 3rd team this year. But then again other teams are losing all league players.

He was 3rd team All-ACC. He isn't a role player. This would have been his time to shine. I suspect we will see that at another school.
its about how the puzzle pieces fit together.

The freight train of recruiting doesnt stop. What would JB do if QG was back?

Benny on the bench? So he would just transfer next year too?

Swider on the bench and unhappy? asking why did I come here?

jimmy on the bench? ...well we all know thats not happening...

IDK...bare min...some of QG's minutes were already spoken for even if he came back...

I think the team needs more out of the forwards...imo Marek and QG just didnt bring enough to really push the team forwards...they basically did nothing in the tournament. people are crying that they are gone...but when the forwards are scoring a lot next season people will see that the team is better becasue of it.

Honestly, I really think that should tell us something. Kids don't want to be yelled at. They don't want to be called out in press conferences. This isn't 1985 anymore. Kids have options. They play at 3 high schools in 4 years. They get recruited to play in high school. They don't want to be coached like the kids were coached in the old days. The coaches that grasp that and move forward, will be the future Hall of Famers. The coaches that want to be the next Bobby Knight, will follow him to the unemployment line. It's just a different world.
The question is if it was a normal year would QG and Kadary have stayed?

1619823865184.png

absolutely and we know Jim aint changing

So what is your take on the reason. He was a starter logging big minutes. If it not concerns about showcasing his next level skills (outside shooting) given the makeup of next year's team, what is it?
This is just my opinion, I don't think he likes playing for JB. Let's face it, if he did, he would not be doing this. And second, the moment we got Jimmy, which was really done a long time ago, Q wasn't coming back. There just wouldn't be the minutes for 4 forwards. Ask Newton.

well I’m not going to believe it was some Q and JB issue when the kid started both seasons, played plenty, JB never had any blow ups with him and even said he could be an AA. Plus if Q doesn’t believe he’s the man amongst the forwards next year then that’s on him. We brought in two good transfers but they aren’t AA’s. He’ll he was 3rd team this year. But then again other teams are losing all league players.
JB rarely bad mouthed Q. I think after Marek he complimented Q more than anyone else (he didn’t do it to Buddy a whole lot). And he didn’t yell at Q as much as anyone with the exception of Buddy and Marek

The question is if it was a normal year would QG and Kadary have stayed?
Normal in what way? In that there was no Covid or that there was no sitting out a year. I think the sitting out a year is the killer for us. But at some point, it will give us life as well.

Genuinely asking:

Do kids not realize that’s what they’re signing up for when they’re being recruited out of high school? It’s no secret what they’re walking into and yet all signs point to us landing a very good class in 22.

well I’m not going to believe it was some Q and JB issue when the kid started both seasons, played plenty, JB never had any blow ups with him and even said he could be an AA. Plus if Q doesn’t believe he’s the man amongst the forwards next year then that’s on him. We brought in two good transfers but they aren’t AA’s. Hell he was 3rd team this year. But then again other teams are losing all league players.
Why leave? He started two years. He was rarely yelled at. Why leave? There is a reason. No one in their sr year decides to leave without a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom