Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normal in what way? In that there was no Covid or that there was no sitting out a year. I think the sitting out a year is the killer for us. But at some point, it will give us life as well.
Would Kadary and Q be willing to sit a year somewhere else in order to not play for JB? Q is already old for his class

This is just my opinion, I don't think he likes playing for JB. Let's face it, if he did, he would not be doing this. And second, the moment we got Jimmy, which was really done a long time ago, Q wasn't coming back. There just wouldn't be the minutes for 4 forwards. Ask Newton.
So let Jimmy be 9th or 10th man. He’s this year’s Woody.

LOL.

Genuinely asking:

Do kids not realize that’s what they’re signing up for when they’re being recruited out of high school? It’s no secret what they’re walking into and yet all signs point to us landing a very good class in 22.
Upstate, kids signed up to play for Knight for years. And they all knew. In the Express, the o-lineman says to Davis, I bet you are wondering what happened to that nice man that recruited you. We can still get good players. But I think some kids get worn down.

Puke. I cant wait until JB retires. Playing favorites and pretty much forcing good players out because of bringing too many new guys we didn’t need at the same position. And one happens to be a boeheim..
Not really fair. The Orange did have to protect themselves to Q actually getting picked in the NBA. If we didn't go out and get guys, people would say how could they leave themselves short handed.

Q started for two seasons. If he doesn’t think he’d be our best forward then he shouldn’t try the pros. Swider and Jimmy should have had no impact on his decision. We lost 3 forwards. Did he think we weren’t going to replace them?
I LOVE Quincy. He’s been one of my favorite players since we started recruiting him 3-4 years ago. And I wish him luck in all his future endeavors. But if he doesn’t end up going pro and thinks he’s gonna get a better opportunity by transferring, he’s sorely mistaken and is getting bad advice. JB loves Quincy and said himself that he could be an All American next season if he returns. JB always rides his most experienced and skilled guys and lets them do their thing. No other coach in D1 is gonna put him in a better position to succeed or give him the best opportunity to succeed. JB knows Quincy and his strengths and weaknesses. He would do better at Syracuse next season than he would anywhere else in college.

Last edited:
I LOVE Quincy. He’s been one of my favorites players since we started recruiting. But if he doesn’t end up going pro and thinks he’s gonna get a better opportunity by transferring, he’s sorely mistaken and is getting bad advice. JB loves Quincy and said himself that he could be an All American next season if he returns. JB always rides his most experienced and skilled guys and lets them do their thing. No other coach in D1 is gonna put him in a better position to succeed. JB knows Quincy and his strengths and weaknesses. He would do better at Syracuse next season than he would anywhere else in college.
Probably all true...until Jimmy signed to get his guaranteed 20+ mpg.

Not really fair. The Orange did have to protect themselves to Q actually getting picked in the NBA. If we didn't go out and get guys, people would say how could they leave themselves short handed.
Im sure the writing has been on the wall for a long time with his son coming to play despite what was said publically, im not buying it.

If he does transfer and does not go pro then that is just plain bad. 3rd team All Acc, playing close to home, starting on a top 25 power 5 team... and he wants to transfer? Where ever he would go he wouldn't be getting many (if any) more minutes then he would be getting here next year. Unless he wants to work on a degree in a field of study that Syracuse does not offer, this smells of issues with in the program.

hey, none of us thought that Q was really coming back. And I think we are still going to be very good. Nothing has changed as far as that goes. What has changed is a kid that played here and started here, decided he didn't want to be here anymore. And that is troubling. Maybe he would have come back if we didn't land Cole or Jimmy. But the Orange had to protect themselves from him staying in the draft.

I don’t have the emotional energy to get upset anymore. Kids that want to be here will come and stay and kids that don’t want to deal with what comes with it will leave.

Regardless of whatever I’m going to live and die with every game anyways so I’ll focus my energy on being happy about good things in the off-season

This is more of a possibility than people think.
I’m sure it is, Cole and Jimmy didn’t come to sit and they have a lot of experience. Benny passes the eye test and will be our most talented player, but I’m prepared for the “he’s just not ready” “he can’t do it in practice” “he scored 7 but gave up 10” along with seeing him get ripped on the sidelines when he isn’t level with the top of the key down the baseline on a 3 that goes in Joe’s territory.

Face it, this team is exactly what JB wants, his guys top to bottom minus Marek.

hey, none of us thought that Q was really coming back. And I think we are still going to be very good. Nothing has changed as far as that goes. What has changed is a kid that played here and started here, decided he didn't want to be here anymore. And that is troubling. Maybe he would have come back if we didn't land Cole or Jimmy. But the Orange had to protect themselves from him staying in the draft.
I agree with you, and to that unfortunately I don’t think there’s a positive way to spin this.

Im sure the writing has been on the wall for a long time with his son coming to play despite what was said publically, im not buying it.
Not buying what? He put his name in the draft. JB didn't do that to him. He did it. When you do something like that, or enter the portal, you have to be prepared for the school to move on. Newsflash, that is probably why Frank didn't put his name in the portal. He didn't want to be replaced while still wanting to stay at Syracuse.

I don’t have the emotional energy to get upset anymore. Kids that want to be here will come and stay and kids that don’t want to deal with what comes with it will leave.

Regardless of whatever I’m going to live and die with every game anyways so I’ll focus my energy on being happy about good things in the off-season
Unfortunately half the team is here because their related to the head coach or good friends with them.

I agree with you, and to that unfortunately I don’t think there’s a positive way to spin this.
I don't get the spin part. He put his name in. The Orange had to protect themselves and I think they did pretty good doing it. This is the perfect example of it is what it is. Sucks but everyone sort of did what they had to do.

Not buying what? He put his name in the draft. JB didn't do that to him. He did it. When you do something like that, or enter the portal, you have to be prepared for the school to move on. newsflash, that is probably why Frank didn't put his name in the portal. He didn't want to be replaced while still wanting to stay at Syracuse.
Not that. Not buying he didn’t know or anyone else that Jimmy was coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom