Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
That isn't determined yet. He is still in the draft and he is also in the portal. It's a smart play by him.

Eh, not so much.

Who takes him as a transfer, knowing he may never set foot on a campus again?
And how many good opportunities will remain if he stays in the draft until the deadline?

It’s somehow literally the worst case scenario for all parties involved.

aka - “peak Syracuse”

I don't gte the spin part. He put his name in. The Orange had to protect themselves and I think they did pretty good doing it. This is the perfect example of it is what it is. Sucks but everyone sort of did what they had to do.
I agree with this, but with as fast as Swider coming I have no doubt he was packing his bags already, I’m sure Jimmy was too.

Why leave? He started two years. He was rarely yelled at. Why leave? There is a reason. No one in their sr year decides to leave without a reason.

of course there’s a reason. I didn’t say there wasn’t. There’s a reason 1400 players are leaving including all league players and leading scorers. There are probably 100 reasons.

Not buying what? He put his name in the draft. JB didn't do that to him. He did it. When you do something like that, or enter the portal, you have to be prepared for the school to move on. newsflash, that is probably why Frank didn't put his name in the portal. He didn't want to be replaced while still wanting to stay at Syracuse.
Yep. Q entered the draft . That’s fully in his right, but if JB waited for Q to decide what he was going to do and passed on Swider, then Q decides to stay in the draft - how do we feel then?

I think we can certainly be upset about Kadary. I love Q but this one you could see why it happened

Would Kadary and Q be willing to sit a year somewhere else in order to not play for JB? Q is already old for his class
no way. they wouldve stayed if they had to sit for a year.

of course there’s a reason. I didn’t say there wasn’t. There’s a reason 1400 players are leaving including all league players and leading scorers. There are probably 100 reasons.
And...the reason that a All ACC kid leaves is different that the other 1400 kids. Some of those all league kids are moving up in the world. That really isn't the case for Q. It must be something else. It is what it is.

Yep. Q entered the draft . That’s fully in his right, but if JB waited for Q to decide what he was going to do and passed on Swider, then Q decides to stay in the draft - how do we feel then?

I think we can certainly be upset about Kadary. I love Q but this one you could see why it happened
I think that is exactly what I said.

Happy Youtube GIF by Guava Juice

From an outsiders perspective, the plan seemed to always be QG was 2 and done. JB recruited for that plan and brought in 2 other forwards that will play. QG probably sees that if he comes back, he has to split a lot more time and it won't look as good for his draft stock.

Matt McClung entered the transfer portal and tested NBA waters at the same time, when Chris Beard went to Texas. He did ended up leaving the transfer portal so it's either Texas Tech or pro. Not saying QG will do the same but it's a possibility.

From an outsiders perspective, the plan seemed to always be QG was 2 and done. JB recruited for that plan and brought in 2 other forwards that will play. QG probably sees that if he comes back, he has to split a lot more time and it won't look as good for his draft stock.

Matt McClung entered the transfer portal and tested NBA waters at the same time, when Chris Beard went to Texas. He did ended up leaving the transfer portal so it's either Texas Tech or pro. Not saying QG will do the same but it's a possibility.
Nah he’s not coming back I’d get that out of your head right now

I’ve been calling for Jimmy playing here for two years, it’s insanity thinking it wasn’t going to happen.
If not for Covid, Jimmy would never have played here. Period. The IVY cancelling their season allowed Jimmy to get his Cornell degree and be able to play the next year at the Cuse.

It could be 13 Boeheims Phillip Rivers style and I would still watch every game religiously.

Would I bitch about? Sure. But it would still be my favorite thing to do lol
Wish I was the same. I got pumped up during the Buffalo game and the first two games of the tourney. The rest of the year I watched with a cynical detachment.

If not for Covid, Jimmy would never have played here. Period. The IVY cancelling their season allowed Jimmy to get his Cornell degree and be able to play the next year at the Cuse.
So many weird circumstances that you can’t blame JB for. Is he fully absolved? No. But I don’t think he’s as much to blame as people want

Wish I was the same. I got pumped up during the Buffalo game and the first two games of the tourney. The rest of the year I watched with a cynical detachment.
Then find something else to do. Read a book. Take up poker. This is for enjoyment. And frustration. But life brings enough angst, you don't need your hobbies to do that to.

The syracuse media can’t give this the women’s program and stick their heads in the ground. We need to know why a potential all ACC player who by all accounts works hard and is well liked and respected has decided it would be better for his career to leave the program.

JB crapped on the forwards defense all year and gave the guard a pass...can’t imagine why Q wouldn’t want to play here...well, good news is I have to assume our defense will be spectacular since all those bad defenders are gone, right?

I don't get the spin part. He put his name in. The Orange had to protect themselves and I think they did pretty good doing it. This is the perfect example of it is what it is. Sucks but everyone sort of did what they had to do.
To me it sounds like either Q didn’t want to return no matter what, though he was poised to be a Acc POY candidate. Or we chose not to risk keeping a spot open for him as he tested the waters.

Either way I do not like it. Nobody coming in will replace his experience and energetic production. Maybe I’m missing something. I got overy Kadary immediately, and we knew Woody was coming. But Q opening to the portal is concerning to me

JB crapped on the forwards defense all year and gave the guard a pass...can’t imagine why Q wouldn’t want to play here...well, good news is I have to assume our defense will be spectacular since all those bad defenders are gone, right?
Chill lol

The syracuse media can’t give this the women’s program and stick their heads in the ground. We need to know why a potential all ACC player who by all accounts works hard and is well liked and respected has decided it would be better for his career to leave the program.
To be a glorified ball boy rebounding Joe, Buddy, Jimmy, and Coles misses and not touch the ball other than that can’t be too attractive.

Uh, because by virtue of his testing the draft waters, he’s already gotten recruited over?

He made his move.
We made ours.

The flip side is:
JB doesn’t land Cole & Junior, Q stays in the draft, and then what??!!

I’m glad we were proactive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors