Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that to. Okay. I don't expect he would want to play two years. But one thing I do know, the NCAA doesn't know for sure.
I’m assuming he’s using this one year here then would finish post grad somewhere else? He obviously has a ton of academic options.

Honestly, I really think that should tell us something. Kids don't want to be yelled at. They don't want to be called out in press conferences. This isn't 1985 anymore. Kids have options. They play at 3 high schools in 4 years. They get recruited to play in high school. They don't want to be coached like the kids were coached in the old days. The coaches that grasp that and move forward, will be the future Hall of Famers. The coaches that want to be the next Bobby Knight, will follow him to the unemployment line. It's just a different world.
Everyone should read this and remember it. It is as spot on as spot on can get.

BzjCoI.gif

The only thing that bothers me is the fact adding Jimmy Jr. is going to force JB to play a deeper rotation at forward and Quincy would have gotten less minutes next year just because JB would only change because the extra player is his son.

That crap ticks me off a lot. JB shouldn’t get a pass for that and should be HAMMERED for his obvious double standard.

The program should be trying to win a conference title and contend for a NC not be mediocre and hope for March sweet 16 runs.

Good luck to Quincy. Why stay here?
No way Q was afraid of losing PT to anyone. We all saw how good he is and I think he knows it too.

It's actually easy to give the staff the benefit of the doubt. He actually put his name in the draft. You can't wait for him. By the time he decides to stay in, it's way too late for us.
Thats fair. Im just angry.

I'm reading this way differently than everyone else.

I think this means it's almost certain that Q is playing professionally next year.

If that's the way he's leaning after already declaring that he's "testing the NBA waters," why not also put his name in the portal in case something happens? Just to see if there are any programs that offer something really interesting? In the future I suspect it'll be a common move to simultaneously declare for the draft and enter the portal.

Two other thoughts - Q absolutely made the leap. Early in the season when he was a double double machine and shooting 70%, and was hands down our best player, that's exactly what making the leap looks like. Second, the dude logged a lot minutes hurt. Yeah, he's faded. But given how well he played at other times it sure looks to me like his body wasn't right and he was willing to gut out minutes. That matters. That counts.

Benny hasn’t played a possession of college ball yet and Q’s a better player than Cole and Jimmy. Highly doubt this was about Q feeling like he couldn’t compete.
So why leave?

Does this make it more likely Frank stays? I hear conflicting things on whether he can play forward or not... if he can he can get time at two spots now.

Whatever. Don't let the door hit ya, kid.

I know this is where I get yelled at for not holding the door for him. :|
Those who hold grudges or in contempt those who leave early are either, one, transactional to the extreme (fair enough) or, two, idiotic. For those in bucket two maybe kwity paye story will influence you. We all should do what we think is best for us in our lives and not what others think is best in the abstract or biased by their personal interests. It’s really as simple as that.

We better win 25, compete for the ACC title, and be a top 5 seed next year.

Otherwise this offseason was a complete joke.
100 percent. Quincy and Kadary would have been the second and third best players on the team.

I'm reading this way differently than everyone else.

I think this means it's almost certain that Q is playing professionally next year.

If that's the way he's leaning after already declaring that he's "testing the NBA waters," why not also put his name in the portal in case something happens? Just to see if there are any programs that offer something really interesting? In the future I suspect it'll be a common move to simultaneously declare for the draft and enter the portal.
Great post. And it was exactly what I was thinking.

It was just fun to watch everyone running around with their hair on fire.

im guessing he’s closer to choosing some variation of pro ball than we’d originally imagined.

if he’s forced to come back, maybe he just prefers a different coach.
Big bad mean old man strikes again. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom