Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it sounds like either Q didn’t want to return no matter what, though he was poised to be a Acc POY candidate. Or we chose not to risk keeping a spot open for him as he tested the waters.

Either way I do not like it. Nobody coming in will replace his experience and energetic production. Maybe I’m missing something. I got overy Kadary immediately, and we knew Woody was coming. But Q opening to the portal is concerning to me
Agreed. I’m sick.

The syracuse media can’t give this the women’s program and stick their heads in the ground. We need to know why a potential all ACC player who by all accounts works hard and is well liked and respected has decided it would be better for his career to leave the program.
Stop it. They can only report what he is willing to tell them. Do you think they can call him in and grill him? He saw the Orange go out an get two replacements. He knew Benny would be here. Suddenly, we weren't a good fit for him. If he didn't put his name in the draft, this wouldn't have happened. If he stays in the draft and we don't bring in forwards, can you imagine what YOU would be saying then? Everyone knew he was going pro, how could jb not be prepared for this? I wish he was coming back. But when he put his name in the draft, and we replaced him with two good players, he was never coming back. I was worried he would enter the portal and transfer because I don't see him getting drafted but time will tell.

This will continue to happen. Players who are going to test the waters better expect the coach to go out and find a replacement. JB protected his program and Quincy doesn’t like the chance for less minutes next year

To be a glorified ball boy rebounding Joe, Buddy, Jimmy, and Coles misses and not touch the ball other than that can’t be too attractive.
Oh my goodness, take a break from the computer. He wasn't this year and he wouldn't have been next year a glorified ball boy. Total nonsense. And let's not now make him POY. It isn't even a loss. We already thought he was gone.

To me it sounds like either Q didn’t want to return no matter what, though he was poised to be a Acc POY candidate. Or we chose not to risk keeping a spot open for him as he tested the waters.

Either way I do not like it. Nobody coming in will replace his experience and energetic production. Maybe I’m missing something. I got overy Kadary immediately, and we knew Woody was coming. But Q opening to the portal is concerning to me
I just want to be clear, you think the Orange should have not done anything and waited until July to find out if Q was coming back. That would have been your plan.

He might. they haven't started practice yet. Crazy idea, maybe we wait to see what the team looks like before we complain about the starting line up.
We’re adding more forwards?

I just want to be clear, you think the Orange should have not done anything and waited until July to find out if Q was coming back. That would have been your plan.
Was Griffin asked to leave?

I’d take the guys we lost over the guys we have 5 v 5, and I don’t think it would be close.
Yes. Because they are all Hall of fame players in your eyes. Why don't we wait until next year and see how it shakes out before rambling. I just asked you a question. You think the Orange should have waited on taking forwards until Q's decision in July. That would be your plan?

I love Quincy, but Cole and JB, Jr. are both better all around players. They are both better skilled than Quincy and he knew it. I love the fact that all these college kids want to play in the NBA but don’t want competition for playing time in college. Do they think the veterans in the NBA are going to just give them playing time?

Yes. Because they are all Hall of fame players in your eyes. Why don't we wait until next year and see how it shakes out before rambling. I just asked you a question. You think the Orange should have waited on taking forwards until Q's decision in July. That would be your plan?
Absolutely not, I don’t disagree and I like our pick ups. But it is extremely troublesome the amount of talent that chose not to be here.

I love Quincy, but Cole and JB, Jr. are both better all around players. They are both better skilled than Quincy and he knew it. I love the fact that all these college kids want to play in the NBA but don’t want competition for playing time in college. Do they think the veterans in the NBA are going to just give them playing time?
A brave stance. One I agree with. If your goal is to win.

Absolutely not, I don’t disagree and I like our pick ups. But it is extremely troublesome the amount of talent that chose not to be here.
Yeah, I agree with that. But Q brought this on us. Not the other way around. And I think we brought guys in that just might help us win more than Q would have. We were a better team when Harris and Devo were not brought back. there were reasons for that.

I don’t think they’re hall of fame players and I’ve never come close to saying that.. That said Kadary was the best and only thing resembling a point guard since Ennis left and we lost a bunch of players that are probably better than the ones we brought in. Is this something to be happy about?

I’ll root for the team like I do every year but this team looks extremely one dimensional and will probably be the worst defensive Syracuse team I’ve ever seen.

Yeah, I agree with that. But Q brought this on us. Not the other way around. And I think we brought guys in that just might help us win more than Q would have. We were a better team when Harris and Devo were not brought back. there were reasons for that.
The biggest reason was probably Wes Johnson, I get your point though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom