Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely not, I don’t disagree and I like our pick ups. But it is extremely troublesome the amount of talent that chose not to be here.
I said earlier that there is a problem. But, this wasn't it. This is the result of just a situation that played itself out. There was a song before your time that had a line, there is no good guys, there are no bad guys, there is just you and me and we just disagree. We don't disagree here but it is just a situation that was bound to play itself this way. Who knows, maybe some team will convince him to stay in the draft. And this will be for naught.

Honestly, I really think that should tell us something. Kids don't want to be yelled at. They don't want to be called out in press conferences. This isn't 1985 anymore. Kids have options. They play at 3 high schools in 4 years. They get recruited to play in high school. They don't want to be coached like the kids were coached in the old days. The coaches that grasp that and move forward, will be the future Hall of Famers. The coaches that want to be the next Bobby Knight, will follow him to the unemployment line. It's just a different world.
#truth

JB rarely threw Q under the bus like that.
Agree to disagree. Multiple times this year he called out the forwards on defense and suggested Joe and Buddy were doing nothing wrong

Here’s a thread on it

This will continue to happen. Players who are going to test the waters better expect the coach to go out and find a replacement. JB protected his program and Quincy doesn’t like the chance for less minutes next year

Why would he get less minutes next year though? He would be one of our top 2 players. He gets 30 mpg and everyone else fights for the rest, and it’s a “sucks for those transfers” thing if they don’t play as much as they thought they would when they committed. IMO.

I just want to be clear, you think the Orange should have not done anything and waited until July to find out if Q was coming back. That would have been your plan.
If there was a known possibility he’d return? Yes. Wait until we know he’s not then take Jimmy.

Of course there’s always the possibility Q told them straight up he’s not coming back in the first place. Whether it was known he’d enter the portal or not rather than just seek the pros who knows.

It’s very difficult to give the staff the benefit of the doubt right now. I will try. Obviously im biased as Q was my favorite player.

It’d help if one of the incoming transfers could be trusted to replace his physicality. But I do not see that.

If there was a known possibility he’d return? Yes. Wait until we know he’s not then take Jimmy.

Of course there’s always the possibility Q told them straight up he’s not coming back in the first place. Whether it was known he’d enter the portal or not rather than just seek the pros who knows.

It’s very difficult to give the staff the benefit of the doubt right now. I will try. Obviously im biased as Q was my favorite player.
It's actually easy to give the staff the benefit of the doubt. He actually put his name in the draft. You can't wait for him. By the time he decides to stay in, it's way too late for us.

With the Bates move, watch out for MSU here. We could see him in Atlantis.

th

I love Quincy, but Cole and JB, Jr. are both better all around players. They are both better skilled than Quincy and he knew it. I love the fact that all these college kids want to play in the NBA but don’t want competition for playing time in college. Do they think the veterans in the NBA are going to just give them playing time?

I hope you're right

The only thing that bothers me is the fact adding Jimmy Jr. is going to force JB to play a deeper rotation at forward and Quincy would have gotten less minutes next year just because JB would only change because the extra player is his son.

That crap ticks me off a lot. JB shouldn’t get a pass for that and should be HAMMERED for his obvious double standard.

The program should be trying to win a conference title and contend for a NC not be mediocre and hope for March sweet 16 runs.

Good luck to Quincy. Why stay here?

It’s not an issue between JB and Q per se. if it was he would’ve done this Day 1. He didn’t. He did it after...
And Jimmy Jr. has 2 years to play counselor.

I posted this somewhere else. I called the NCAA. I talked to two different people that are in that dept. I am not kidding. I got two different answers. As if that was not bad enough, it really seemed that they never even thought about the Ivy situation. Just what you would expect from the NCAA

I posted this somewhere else. I called the NCAA. I talked to two different people that are in that dept. I am not kidding. I got two different answers. As if that was not bad enough, it really seemed that they never even thought about the Ivy situation. Just what you would expect from the NCAA
I heard Jimmy interviewed and he said he had one year. But he probably doesn’t even have a real answer.

The only thing that bothers me is the fact adding Jimmy Jr. is going to force JB to play a deeper rotation at forward and Quincy would have gotten less minutes next year just because JB would only change because the extra player is his son.

That crap ticks me off a lot. JB shouldn’t get a pass for that and should be HAMMERED for his obvious double standard.

The program should be trying to win a conference title and contend for a NC not be mediocre and hope for March sweet 16 runs.

Good luck to Quincy. Why stay here?
Q played a lot here. And jb gets hammered here. Often, it isn't even fair. people hammer him without having all of the facts. Goes with the territory. But you read this board. And you don't think he gets hammered? Really, when you consider what he has accomplished here, he is more hammered than say Dino. Who has accomplished very little but seems to get a pass. We seem to really hammer the guys that have won for us. Desko is another example. He gets killed. How many titles has he won at Syracuse. Let's see what happens with Q. My first thought when I heard this was MSU. And I read that Bates has bailed. Well...

Actually, counselor, I'm not sure that's true.

NOTE – Jimmy Boeheim played three years at Cornell and has one season of college eligibility left. The NCAA awarded everybody a free Covid year to compensate for the disruptions of 2020-21, but because Cornell did not play at all last season, that free year does not apply to Cornell athletes, he said.

I heard Jimmy interviewed and he said he had one year. But he probably doesn’t even have a real answer.
I heard that to. Okay. I don't expect he would want to play two years. But one thing I do know, the NCAA doesn't know for sure.

Ok so he just doesn't want to be at SU anymore and wants whatever escape pod he can get.

Whatever. Don't let the door hit ya, kid.

I know this is where I get yelled at for not holding the door for him. :|

Ok so he just doesn't want to be at SU anymore and wants whatever escape pod he can get.

Whatever. Don't let the door hit ya, kid.

I know this is where I get yelled at for not holding the door for him. :|
Coward

Scared of Benny, Cole, and the GOAT’s namesake...

later Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors