Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quincy want to play the three and be in the perimeter. The problem is he can’t dribble and is a below average shooter. JB knows he needs to play around the basket and Quincy thinks differently. He’s not going to get drafted, so there’s a good chance he’s playing at another school next year.
There are a lot of assumptions here.

Best wishes to Quincy. I was excited for him as a recruit, enjoyed his energy on the team, and hope nothing but the best for him. I'm also very excited for SU's team next season. There is great opportunity in moments of chaos and I think SU will be fine. I'm hoping for another transfer or two, but no player, coach, or fan ever asked my advice on the roster and no one ever will. I'm a dedicated observer that has enjoyed the teams that JB has put together. I expect that won't change this year...
Boom, there it is. And like you,
Borat.gif

This guy was a good college player but slightly overated in my opinion... hate to see him leave but he had trouble around bigger strong guys who blocked his shots and was not a great finisher around the rim , missed lots of easy putbacks ... not a good handle for a guy 6-7(stretch) He's small for a 4 and have not seen any evidence he's good enough off the dribble drive for a 3 ...no way NBA ...6-7 guys are two guards ...my sense is these guys who are leaving want to play M to M vs zone like the pros...having said all that he is a loss at the college level and makes you wonder what is going on?

One more thing about the article this morning by his former HS coach...why let these guys who leave (like Quincy) workout , lift weights, use the trainer and facilities at SU so they can go play for another team?...total BS ...I say once you announce your are leaving don't let the door hit you in the A...s on the way out!

Maybe just maybe Quincy saw all the perimeter plays(Swider,Junior) Boehiem brought in and saw himself playing in the paint again. l see him going to the Developmental league to work on the skills that will get him to the NBA.

One more thing about the article this morning by his former HS coach...why let these guys who leave (like Quincy) workout , lift weights, use the trainer and facilities at SU so they can go play for another team?...total BS ...I say once you announce your are leaving don't let the door hit you in the A...s on the way out!

Because he's still enrolled as a student until the end of the semester.

This isn't the NBA where you get traded to another team in the middle of the week.

Because he is still on an athletic scholarship until the end of the year.

This is a bad opinion.

It’s unlikely that Q to the portal comes as a surprise to the staff. If they were confident about his return they wouldn’t have added both Cole and Jimmy Jr on the roster.

Q’s problem wasn’t minutes in my opinion. It was that, like many players with pro aspirations, he wanted to showcase himself so he could get to the NBA. At 6’6” he needed to demonstrate he had wing skills, and at SU he has been asked to be the PF. My guess is that if he is playing in college next year it will be on a team that has a good PF and no SF.

Just like the last guy from Canada.

May be JB told Q if he comes back he may put him in at the 5, he may need to cover the corner 3s and stand in front of Zion lol. Just kidding...I think.

he just realized K left?

Again mostly everyone assumed QG was going pro.
If he goes pro then no problem.
QG was 3rd team all-ACC he is better than Cole Swider and Jimmy Jr.
Benny Williams isn’t sitting on the bench next year.

JB wasn’t going to sit Cole Swider so QG was in an awful position.

If he plays college basketball next year then because JB doesn’t play deep rotations forced him out.

That is why I said Jimmy Jr. should have been nothing but depth.
People like Dasher say wait and see but my point is essence QG was pushed out if he doesn’t go pro.

That sucks. Why we would he come back for a lesser role when he was 3rd team all-ACC last year.
Jimmy Jr. better be good next year. He isn’t depth he is being groomed for a real role and if QG wanted to come back would have impacted.

I hope QG goes pro. As I would rather have him all day long over Jimmy Jr.
He was pushed out when the Orange protected themselves by getting good players to come here. Now, that doesn't make any sense, does it? Q made the decision to make Syracuse look for other options. And if they hadn't, and he stayed in the draft, oh the how could JB leave us in such a position posts would have been alive and well. Q set this in motion. Not JB. Fair is fair. Or we can just blame jb for everything from Covid on down. There are things to blame JB for. This situation isn't one of them. I wish we had Q but as everything played out, I have no complaints.

I don't get the spin part. He put his name in. The Orange had to protect themselves and I think they did pretty good doing it. This is the perfect example of it is what it is. Sucks but everyone sort of did what they had to do.
Not a surprise to me and I agree with this short and sweet bottom line. Everyone did what they had to do. It may not be an easy pill to swallow since we all liked Quincy but the coaching staff could not wait. Quincy did have some blemishes that we can not ignore. He was older, he would disappear in games, he seemed to like to drift away from the basket to take his less than efficient 3 point shot, and he missed free throws at critical times. I, like many, appreciated his effort but he started for 2 years and we did not see great strides of improvement. I wish Quincy nothing but the best in his future decisions regarding basketball.

He was pushed out when the Orange protected themselves by getting good players to come here. Now, that doesn't make any sense, does it? Q made the decision to make Syracuse look for other options. And if they hadn't, and he stayed in the draft, oh the how could JB leave us in such a position posts would have been alive and well. Q set this in motion. Not JB. Fair is fair. Or we can just blame jb for everything from Covid on down. There are things to blame JB for. This situation isn't one of them. I wish we had Q but as everything played out, I have no complaints.

I agree with this for the most part, but also think if Quincy goes to another school it will be because that school features him as a perimeter player and that wasn’t going to happen here.

Last edited:

Have I got a thread for you...

He didn't start a single game his freshman season, and he absolutely made great strides of improvement.

I wonder sometimes if people even watch the same basketball program I do.
My error on starting two years though he got considerable playing time in his first year. Yes I believe we all watch the same basketball program that you do, we just may have different opinions! BTW I forgot one more blemish...his ability to miss bunnies over and over. He was not alone in this category since Marek also missed his fair share.

you don’t know that. And if you’re going to believe that there’s a hell of a lot of coaches that have poor relationships with their players seeing as how there’s so many in the portal, many who are better than Q. I will maintain what I said in the beginning, IMO it had something to do with JB insisting on a decision. Can’t just hang till July.
And you don’t know that, either.

most felt he would test the nba waters and be fine with the G league or Europe. That’s not the shock. I think what some people are shocked about is now all of a sudden adding the transfer portal to the mix of options.
Point being though with respect to SU he was always gone. He wasn’t returning.

Point being though with respect to SU he was always gone. He wasn’t returning.

If he can't beat out Jimmy Jr and Cole Swider then he is never going to make the NBA. Why was he always gone ? Again this transfer rule screws us. Without it Kadary is most def still here and Quincy probably is.

If he can't beat out Jimmy Jr and Cole Swider then he is never going to make the NBA. Why was he always gone ? Again this transfer rule screws us. Without it Kadary is most def still here and Quincy probably is.

I mean the G League and Europe are still things.m

Playing at Syracuse isnt the end all be all.

A lot of the people criticizing JB for bringing in Swider and Junior are the same people who criticize JB for the “all eggs in one basket” recruiting approach.
Bringing in Swider was great.
Bringing in Jimmy as depth was fine.
Making Jimmy a part of the rotation just because he is JB’s son is not okay.

You don’t get the point or are spinning it to just defend what has happened.
Jimmy Jr. as a deep bench guy is fine. But to make him part of the rotation as the 3rd guy when it prevents us from keeping or bringing in other talent isn’t something I think a contender would do.

Bringing in Swider was great.
Bringing in Jimmy as depth was fine.
Making Jimmy a part of the rotation just because he is JB’s son is not okay.

You don’t get the point or are spinning it to just defend what has happened.
Jimmy Jr. as a deep bench guy is fine. But to make him part of the rotation as the 3rd guy when it prevents us from keeping or bringing in other talent isn’t something I think a contender would do.

What am I missing with Quincy ? He would have started next year Bourama Quincy Benny Buddy JG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom