Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merci Monsieur Guerrier, vous êtes un homme gentille, vraiment.

Last edited:
He isn't even a second round pick. He needs at least one more year minimum. This is expected as he is from Quebec. He is a tweener and needs to refine his game to get more valuable. Work on FTs, Range to 24' and finishing.

Agree. I think if he improves his J, refines his game as you mentioned, etc. he could find a spot...a la Jae Crowder type at similar 6'6"/6'7".

Unfortunately I think he is one of about 5-6 players who leave. Good news is every team in the ACC will have a ton of turnover, and every team nationwide

in QUEBECOIS you would say MERCI. but i'm not totally sold he's gone.

Agree. I think if he improves his J, refines his game as you mentioned, etc. he could find a spot...a la Jae Crowder type at similar 6'6"/6'7".
The comparisons that people throw out: Crowder is a superior athlete within the NBA. Q was just a guy on the court last night.

Last edited:
The comparisons that people throw out: Crowder is a superior me athlete within the NBA. Q was just a guy on the court last night.
Crowder was impactful as a college player. Not sure you can really say that about Quincy at least yet. Best part of his game currently seems to be his ability to rebound and muscle guys inside, but even that falls short because of an exasperating inability to finish at close range.

Its pretty easy to project what we might ahve in him next year. Hope he returns.

I think he will benefit from different front court mates. Marek and Alan weren't the ideal guys to compliment his game. Realistically its going to be Jesse and Jimmy B with Benny first off the bench.

Quincy is a valuable piece -- certainly want him back

Crowder was impactful as a college player. Not sure you can really say that about Quincy at least yet. Best part of his game currently seems to be his ability to rebound and muscle guys inside, but even that falls short because of an exasperating inability to finish at close range.

Crowder was Juco POY before Marquette and then Big East POY his second year there as a senior.

Great comp for Quincy. As Crowder isn't getting drafted until he spends 4 years rounding out his game in college. Didn't go first round but was early 2nd and stuck.

Quincy finishes inside you are confusing him with Brisset. He gets blocked occasionally due to lack of height and defenders being defenders but he doens't botch open layups.

I was thinking more about this. Does anyone recall a former player who has ever tweeted or left a message at the end of the season thanking the fanbase who didn't end up leaving? Does that ever happen? I hope so because I want the Candyman back for another year.

I’m going to guess one of the advantages he’s implying is being Canadian should keep more doors open for him versus being American because a lot of overseas leagues have limits on how many Americans can be on a team.
Ok. That would make some sense. Thanks

Being fluent in French like Kris Joseph can be advantageous when trying to land an overseas slot.
It's a little more than that.
I’m going to guess one of the advantages he’s implying is being Canadian should keep more doors open for him versus being American because a lot of overseas leagues have limits on how many Americans can be on a team.
Bingo.

I find it hard to believe that this kid will leave to go play in Europe after his sophomore year. His improvement this year was dramatic from last year, at least for the first half of the year. I think it was evident that there was an injury somewhere along the lines and he lost any ability to explode to the basket.
I think JB appreciates Quincy‘s motor and ability and will work hard to convince him to stay and become an NBA pick. If he comes back and gets healthy and is not drafted he will still have the same opportunities overseas that he does right now.
I find him to be an incredibly likable player because he plays hard, improved and cares. I would hate for his last Cuse game to be one like last night and I feel optimistic that he will be back.

I have no issue with him exploring his NBA options, but if he's told that he's not a 1st round pick, he should come back.
He will be told hes not an any round pick

And that still hasn't stopped anyone from leaving.
You are right, but It should. Perhaps those who have left and gone nowhere have not had the capability of understanding what their true abilities are and how they wouldn't translate to the NBA.

I believe an honest evaluation from JB is something a player should take to heart pro or con. He will tell you straight up what your chances are no bull****. If he says you need to work on your game you do.

Quincy going to the NBA now? Not IMO.

You are right, but It should. Perhaps those who have left and gone nowhere have not had the capability of understanding what their true abilities are and how they wouldn't translate to the NBA.

I believe an honest evaluation from JB is something a player should take to heart pro or con. He will tell you straight up what your chances are no bull****. If he says you need to work on your game you do.

Quincy going to the NBA now? Not IMO.
So, the thing is... JB is not good at that evaluation.

The G-League is not a death sentence. There are a lot of great coaches in the G-League and the players have the ability to make a little money and work on their game full-time without academic distractions. I have heard Guerrier is the hardest worker on the team so maybe he wants a different avenue to work on his game while putting a little cash in his pocket. It wouldn't be a terrible decision. The G-League is increasingly becoming a viable alternative to NCAA ball for young prospects. Many players will continue to choose NCAA ball because they want the educational benefits. For a talented young prospect that will likely play professionally (NBA or overseas) I can totally understand the allure of the G-League. Q should do what is best for Q! I hope he comes back but I am really happy we got him for 2 seasons.

So, the thing is... JB is not good at that evaluation.
I disagree Otto and agree with TexanMark.

When NBA scouts tell him he's not ready, (if he is even considering testing the waters), he should listen and I believe that's what they will tell him.

But, Q was an intense, athletic player for us this year. He did a lot, 8 double doubles, 159 rebs, 32 min game, 27 pts high vs. Buffalo. And, he will go and do whatever he wants, as it should be.

If he wants to play, it's Europe, IMHO. I hope he stays with us at least for another year and works on his game.

I think you’re whistling through the graveyard here.

giphy.gif

I disagree Otto and agree with TexanMark.

When NBA scouts tell him he's not ready, (if he is even considering testing the waters), he should listen and I believe that's what they will tell him.

But, Q was an intense, athletic player for us this year. He did a lot, 8 double doubles, 159 rebs, 32 min game, 27 pts high vs. Buffalo. And, he will go and do whatever he wants, as it should be.

If he wants to play, it's Europe, IMHO. I hope he stays with us at least for another year and works on his game.
Not sure we disagree. I agree that Guerrier should listen to NBA scouts.

JB is not an NBA scout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors