Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get negativity sucks.
I don’t like it.
It’s just I am not going fake positivity when I look at what is happening.
I think our HC has conditioned people to just accept the status quo.
I don’t think the status quo will make us a contender.
If people don’t care about that and we just going to be medicore program that can be dangerous come March I’ll stop and change the standards.
Problem is people don’t want to say that.
I have reasons for why I think the way I do.
I don’t think short rotations work for contenders unless they have really good talent.
I don’t think we have really good talent.
I think we have decent talent but with a thin margin for error it hurts.
I believe point guard play matters a lot in college hoops.
It’s NOT a coincidence we have struggled since we have been inconsistent at PG.
I don’t see it being better next year.
Sorry I can’t fake positivity.
I have reasoning for everything I think.

He left after 2 years, undrafted,
i don’t think this is the example you want to use.
yeah exactly.

and took 2 more years to get a footing in the NBA.

He spent all of 2021 basically as an NBA level talent that the NBA was ignoring...up until very recently.

The path from GLeauge to NBA is rough.

For OB's level of production he is getting squeezed hard in terms of salary.

Its a great story and happy it happened...but its far from the"roadmap" other players should follow, imo.

I'm ready to turn the page to next season, wish Quincy, Kadary, Woody, and all those guys the best. Wish it could've worked out but it is what it is.

We've got a cool Nonconference schedule next year and a nice ACC home slate schedule for fans to be back in the Dome. Hopefully everything works out and we get back to being in the top 25 all season and have another great tournament run. If not, I'll just take the good moments we can get. These are JB's last seasons as HC at Syracuse.

I thought Kadary in a Seton Hall uniform was gonna make me sick. If I see Quincy in a Kentucky uniform my eyes will bleed.
idk I kinda hope it happens...would be super weird...but Kentucky needing SU transfers seems about right to me.

I'm ready to turn the page to next season, wish Quincy, Kadary, Woody, and all those guys the best. Wish it could've worked out but it is what it is.

We've got a cool Nonconference schedule next year and a nice ACC home slate schedule for fans to be back in the Dome. Hopefully everything works out and we get back to being in the top 25 all season and have another great tournament run. If not, I'll just take the good moments we can get. These are JB's last seasons as HC at Syracuse.

I think this is very fair take.

Especially with litigating the past year. I’m well past Kadary and Woody now. Might take a second if Q actually does transfer instead of going pro...Still same result.

idk I kinda hope it happens...would be super weird...but Kentucky needing SU transfers seems about right to me.
I prefer Kentucky struggling like last year. Would be quite the show in Lexington if they struggle again this upcoming year. I’d like to see what happens with Callipari. Not a big fan of his so if he goes down like that it would be music to my ears.

So to sum up my last few posts for next season
Kadary to seton hall...makes me sick
Quincy to Kentucky...makes my eyes bleed
Callipari struggling against next season...music to my ears

what a season it could turn out to be!

I get negativity sucks.
I don’t like it.
If people don’t care about that and we just going to be medicore program that can be dangerous come March I’ll stop and change the standards.
I don’t think short rotations work for contenders unless they have really good talent.
Okay. I disagree. But try saying it just once. The problem is that the board repeats itself every day. Not only is the negativity tiresome, the same negative posts are tiresome. I know there are no games to go over. But everything isn't dark and nasty. We have a incredible schedule. We also have a good team. Older guys with a highly touted frosh. I'll take my chances. get me two wins in Atlantis and we are off and running.

Exactly how I feel. These are the players the coach chose. He thinks he can be successful with them. You know he wants his kids(especially Buddy)be on the best team team possible and he’s putting a lot of faith in them.

Some fans don’t want or like that approach.

It will be fascinating to see how it plays out next season.

Okay. I disagree. But try saying it just once. The problem is that the board repeats itself every day. Not only is the negativity tiresome, the same negative posts are tiresome. I know there are no games to go over. But everything isn't dark and nasty. We have a incredible schedule. We also have a good team. Older guys with a highly touted frosh. I'll take my chances. get me two wins in Atlantis and we are off and running.
Fair enough. I can respect this ask.

I won’t go out of the way but when certain posters want to always spin narratives I fight those.

Exactly how I feel. These are the players the coach chose. He thinks he can be successful with them. You know he wants his kids(especially Buddy)be on the best team team possible and he’s putting a lot of faith in them.

Some fans don’t want or like that approach.

It will be fascinating to see how it plays out next season.
Answer this if you don’t mind.
Who did this HC think the best PG on the team was this season?

That’s a good list. I could see Quincy at Bama or Oregon. Running and gunning style with threes raining might be what he wants to show. Still not sure it makes much sense for him to play another year of college. He’s no spring chicken and would seem best to start earning money.

Cuse!

That’s a good list. I could see Quincy at Bama or Oregon. Running and gunning style with threes raining might be what he wants to show. Still not sure it makes much sense for him to play another year of college. He’s no spring chicken and would seem best to start earning money.

Cuse!

I think he was hurt late last year.
He's betting on himself doing much, much better next year, in the right spot.

I get negativity sucks.
I don’t like it.

“fake positivity”

really?

“fake positivity”

really?
I said I can’t fake positivity.
If I don’t believe something I am not going to fake being positive on it.
You don’t get that statement?

??? how is that on him? He didn't set the rule? You really need to get a grip on reality.

On who ? Kadary and Quincy would not have left because they wouldn't want to sit out a year.

On who ? Kadary and Quincy would not have left because they wouldn't want to sit out a year.
First, guys left all the time even when they had to sit a year. Matt Roe left a top 10 team back in the late 80's. And he was a starter. Second, you blamed a poster for the rule up above. You do know that's insane, right?

First, guys left all the time even when they had to sit a year. Matt Roe left a top 10 team back in the late 80's. And he was a starter. Second, you blamed a poster for the rule up above. You do know that's insane, right?
I believe he was losing time to Dave Johnson as the year went on, and there was that...other issue though, right?

You just don’t see 2 of the top 3 would be returning players transferring, here. It’s jarring.

I believe if my history is correct Roe left after his Junior year and still transferred and sat out a year. I always remember hearing he was a local guy FM I believe and our fans drove him out.

I believe he was losing time to Dave Johnson as the year went on, and there was that...other issue though, right?

You just don’t see 2 of the top 3 would be returning players transferring, here. It’s jarring.

If my syracuse basketball history remembers our fans had a lot to do with him leaving.

Wow DW and I are on the same page. That is jarring.

I said I can’t fake positivity.
If I don’t believe something I am not going to fake being positive on it.
You don’t get that statement?

I completely get it. Tells me you don’t.

I don't believe that other issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors