Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
He plays for us: “He should be All ACC, he’s a future NBA prospect but should come back for one more year, love this kid’s toughness!”

He doesn’t play for us: “Jimmy Boeheim is better than him anyway and he’s scared!”

What a joke.

how many people said Jimmy was the better player?

Who in the world is making excuses for him? Pretty sure the consensus is if that happens again then he's heading for the unemployment line. It's damn near a miracle if the football team makes a bowl game considering they have 0 advantages over any P5 team they play besides "history". Meanwhile we've been battling UB and St Bona for 12 seeds the last 5+ years despite having every advantage possible. And now the LAX program is turning into a debacle. It's all maddening.
First, it's not as bad as all that with football as far as disadvantages go. A lot of schools are up against it with football and they haven't been as dreadful as we have. . Second, in the last 5 tournaments, I think we have a final four in 16 and at least two sweet 16's or is it 3? . We haven't been who we think we should be, no question, but that isn't all that bad. I'm not going to comment on Lax.

He plays for us: “He should be All ACC, he’s a future NBA prospect but should come back for one more year, love this kid’s toughness!”

He doesn’t play for us: “Jimmy Boeheim is better than him anyway and he’s scared!”

What a joke.
Who said that?

Edit - just saw bees asked the same thing.

What a joke.
Some would immediately question fans that have said things like Jimmy Boeheim is better. I also want to question fans who said that he should be All ACC and an NBA prospect. It just seemed he had trouble with guys that were bigger than him.

Who said that?

Edit - just saw bees asked the same thing.
It's just part of this boards insanity. You know, at one time, this place was a place of fun. Some of us remember the Great Alaska shootout chat room. A blast at the wee hours. Now, it's a place for constant whining and complaining. Don't we get enough of that at work or at home or on the news. And it's the same stuff, day after day by the same people. A lot of really good people have left these boards and I think a lot more will leave. And before any nitwit says, hey, can't we talk about the real problems with the program. Of course. But there were games where we won and there were crickets after the game. Buddy was fabulous the last 10 games. And one moronic fan said yeah, but what about the Houston game? We are getting to the point of just shutting the whole thing down. Remember the newspaper board? How terrible that was/is? Well, here we are.

It's just part of this boards insanity. You know, at one time, this place was a place of fun. Some of us remember the Great Alaska shootout chat room. A blast at the wee hours. Now, it's a place for constant whining and complaining. Don't we get enough of that at work or at home or on the news. And it's the same stuff, day after day by the same people. A lot of really good people have left these boards and I think a lot more will leave. And before any nitwit says, hey, can't we talk about the real problems with the program. Of course. But there were games where we won and there were crickets after the game. Buddy was fabulous the last 10 games. And one moronic fan said yeah, but what about the Houston game? We are getting to the point of just shutting the whole thing down. Remember the newspaper board? How terrible that was/is? Well, here we are.
Hard to argue with any of that, except the shutting it down part. Good points.

Who wrote it for you?

I believe this SU football / basketball comparison is silly. Our football and basketball programs are on completely different levels and face completely different challenges.

As for some of the heightened frustration with our basketball program, yeah, I think that's happening. It certainly has for me (particularly this year). I generally find myself gravitating on the optimistic side of things as a fan because I just find that to be more fun and enjoyable. However, this year, not so much. For the first time in my 32 years as a diehard Cuse fan, I find myself no longer defending Boeheim. Things have sort of boiled over for me and I'm tired of it all (player rotations, preferential treatment, being an ass in press conferences, hypocritical statements, player treatment, lack of flexibility, thin-skinned, etc.).

That one guy said it.

That’s one too many tbh

yea, enough to make a big deal out of it as if it was a board talking point.

we hear ya. I can assure you it’ll be different next season.

yea, enough to make a big deal out of it as if it was a board talking point.

It wasn’t the hottest take I’ve read.

Though to be honest I’ve been keeping up pretty closely with the goings on of the program via this board so my Overton window of take hotness has shifted a looooooooot in the last five weeks.

Wouldn't Griff still be at Illinois, and wouldn't Carey and Goodine still be here?

The lack of a transfer rule didn't stop anyone from transferring in the past.

Those guys goodine and Carey were never going to play here. No big loss. If you dont see that fact otherwise Quincy and Kadary would still be here that's on you. Kadary and Quincy impact players. NBA talent players.

Buddy was fabulous the last 10 games. And one moronic fan said yeah, but what about the Houston game?

How is one guy saying Jimmy Jr is better than Quincy any different than one guy says moronic “what about Houston” comment?

Or is that your point?

How is one guy saying Jimmy Jr is better than Quincy any different than one guy says moronic “what about Houston” comment?

Or is that your point?
What do you think? We might as well wear jerseys here

Last edited:
Those guys goodine and Carey were never going to play here. No big loss. If you dont see that fact otherwise Quincy and Kadary would still be here that's on you. Kadary and Quincy impact players. NBA talent players.
??? how is that on him? He didn't set the rule? You really need to get a grip on reality.

Q was much more of a guy with the ball in his hands if I recall his HS/Prep film. Many of us were seeing a 2/3 Hybrid not a tweener 4.

It's interesting because if you watch him in most possessions this past year, he didn't try to showcase his ability off the bounce even when the opportunity was there. There were moments like vs NC State in the ACCT where he drove and lost his dribble like we used to see with Southerland and then there were a couple on dribble plays in the tourney that were not breaking down his man just quick moves to the hoop. So I am not sure if it was the staff limiting him to playing this way or simply his game not having that piece at this level.

He never looked very comfortable having to be on the ball for a longer period of time to me. He looked about as comfortable as Hak did maybe even less.
yeah it was weird. Sometimes he would drive by his defender and finish with ease...just blow by and it seemingly came out of nowhere...considering his generally limited 1 on 1 game.

I think it is the case with many players for me too where I cant quite figure if it is the player's inherent limitations or rigid instructions on how and what to do on the court that limits them.

Rakeem Christmas, for one example, his first couple of years did nothing with the ball...then all of a sudden his senior year he was the ACC version of Olajuwon. really weird, imo. was it the restrictions lifting or did he just blossom suddenly?

...IMO the player QG was in orange was too limited and not totally sure why...but I feel like he has more to offer and wants to show it and that's why he's transferring...

either way, we will see if he was right.

Overall, I would say in this era, limiting players on the court is going to be a hard sell moving forward and not worth it for old school coaches at big schools. Players will just leave before it bears fruit. Probably have to just actively recruit players with limited skill willing to do the dirty work a team needs a la Marek instead of trying to convince 4 and 5 star players to defer.

I don’t know. I’m not allowed to speak for you anymore, remember?
Then why did you ask me the question? You were given a great gift. A one time question. And you wasted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom