Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is also just a fundamentally different viewpoint of the way that fans view college basketball and the players (at least the ones that are high level/can play pro/maybe NBA). And I mean this more so than the "well no duh, we watch, they play".

I bleed orange and care about the ups and downs way more than any normal human should (like most of us on this board) as it pertains to Syracuse's success.

A lot of these guys, I think, this is just the next step on the way to where you want to be. Sort of like having to go to middle school before you go to high school. It's much more transactional. Now, I do feel a lot of the players do have love for the school, appreciate JB (some more than others) and are proud to be an SU alum after they leave. But in the moment, especially nowadays, it's just the next step to get paid.

I want to be clear, I have no issue with it, either. None. Just the way it is.

Agreed. Which is why the “rivalries” require ESPN to pretend they’re really important over and over now, while mostly using examples and moments from 25+ years ago to prove how important they are. They don’t speak for themselves anymore because they don’t really exist anymore.

I think there is also just a fundamentally different viewpoint of the way that fans view college basketball and the players (at least the ones that are high level/can play pro/maybe NBA). And I mean this more so than the "well no duh, we watch, they play".

I bleed orange and care about the ups and downs way more than any normal human should (like most of us on this board) as it pertains to Syracuse's success.

A lot of these guys, I think, this is just the next step on the way to where you want to be. Sort of like having to go to middle school before you go to high school. It's much more transactional. Now, I do feel a lot of the players do have love for the school, appreciate JB (some more than others) and are proud to be an SU alum after they leave. But in the moment, especially nowadays, it's just the next step to get paid.

I want to be clear, I have no issue with it, either. None. Just the way it is.

Yep. Everyone JB recruits has a dream, and it’s not to play Syracuse basketball.

Yep. Everyone JB recruits has a dream, and it’s not to play Syracuse basketball.

I would just appreciate it if we had some guys whose dream it was to play for the Knicks and be awesome.

Can I just get that? Benny - looking at you, buddy.

#Knickstape

Sorry, just had to get that in since the Knicks are crushing it.

and it is all about us ...

Equal blame to go around. Btw these kids have advantages benefits the non scholarship athlete student doesn't have. You wanna leave and not sit out give up your scholarship and become a regular student.

Do u not get Kadary and Quincy would still be here if not for this. That's my point.

Equal blame to go around. Btw these kids have advantages benefits the non scholarship athlete student doesn't have. You wanna leave and not sit out give up your scholarship and become a regular student.

Do u not get Kadary and Quincy would still be here if not for this. That's my point.
So, as always, it’s all about YOU.

Wouldn't Griff still be at Illinois, and wouldn't Carey and Goodine still be here?

The lack of a transfer rule didn't stop anyone from transferring in the past.

Is what is best for the team to only have 3 guards on the roster?
JB doesn’t always do what is best for the team.
He will play a struggling offensive player out of position rather than have a superior defensive player in.

JB changes what is best for the team so whatever he does is right.
JB doesn’t play the long game. He always plays every single game like its game 7 of a series.
We played three guards this year. Feels like anybody beyond the first on the depth chart (and some first on the depth chart) wasn’t happy and caused some angst this year. Could be he’s making a calculated trade off towards team chemistry. Or, as others said, could be that he’s waiting for the dust to settle from the portal and can bring in players with a clear sense of their role. Or he could be making a mistake not stockpiling now but I don’t see how stockpiling gets us to any better position than we were with last year’s team.

I am not sure but I don't believe we have a game tomorrow. We would love to bring in the right kid to the program. It is a narrow fit so time will tell. As for JB changing what he does for the team...two words Thank God. Imagine being so narrow minded that you never adjusted your thinking? Then, we would have a real problem.
I get that it is the off season and we really don't have games to go over, burt we nit pick almost everything. meanwhile, our football team wins one whole game, after 5 years get two whole players drafted and we are getting the parade route set up if he can win 6 games this year. Seems really weird to me.
Football team is near last in P5 in resources. Bball team is near the top. Kind of pointless comparison.

We played three guards this year. Feels like anybody beyond the first on the depth chart (and some first on the depth chart) wasn’t happy and caused some angst this year. Could be he’s making a calculated trade off towards team chemistry. Or, as others said, could be that he’s waiting for the dust to settle from the portal and can bring in players with a clear sense of their role. Or he could be making a mistake not stockpiling now but I don’t see how stockpiling gets us to any better position than we were with last year’s team.

“If Sibide wasn’t injured...we would have been top 10” posts suggest we might want to think about depth.

“If Sibide wasn’t injured...we would have been top 10” posts suggest we might want to think about depth.
Nobody leaving their school right now is signing up to be “conditional depth.” They may in a month but that’s not gonna get us anywhere right now.

Dude, people get hurt. Have you not noticed that these past several years?
It seems that 1 or 2 guys get hurt every year. That's why you need back-ups, and that's why you need to actually play them in the early season, so they'll be ready to play if you need them.

Dude, people get hurt. Have you not noticed that these past several years?
It seems that 1 or 2 guys get hurt every year. That's why you need back-ups, and that's why you need to actually play them in the early season, so they'll be ready to play if you need them.
Playing them is a different point than the one I’m addressing, which is the call to go grab warm bodies to fill out the roster. We had tons of bodies. The expectations were clearly out of whack, though. In lieu of rosters like we’ve had lately (that are mostly bubble anyway), I like going all in on experience and chemistry. Where everyone is clear on expectations. It’s a shift and it stands out across basketball, at least a bit. I’d bet we fill out the roster but don’t think jumping to do it (beyond the moves made) makes any sense. We’ll see. It’s a wacky cbb world right now so just not going crazy one direction or the other.

Nobody leaving their school right now is signing up to be “conditional depth.” They may in a month but that’s not gonna get us anywhere right now.

I’m talking about in a month. I don’t have faith that playable depth with be brought in. We shall see

Football team is near last in P5 in resources. Bball team is near the top. Kind of pointless comparison.
after 5 years...1 win. I could have done that. Yet, let's make excuses for Dino while blasting jb. That was the point of my "comparison".

after 5 years...1 win. I could have done that. Yet, let's make excuses for Dino while blasting jb. That was the point of my "comparison".
Who in the world is making excuses for him? Pretty sure the consensus is if that happens again then he's heading for the unemployment line. It's damn near a miracle if the football team makes a bowl game considering they have 0 advantages over any P5 team they play besides "history". Meanwhile we've been battling UB and St Bona for 12 seeds the last 5+ years despite having every advantage possible. And now the LAX program is turning into a debacle. It's all maddening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom