Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice diversion. That’s typical of you too.
You want me to do your work and show you.
Please show me takes you have admitted you were wrong on.
Actual real takes.
Since you do it shouldn’t be hard for you.
You wanted me to do your work but nice diversion thrown back at you.

You want me to do your work and show you.
Please show me takes you have admitted you were wrong on.
Actual real takes.
Since you do it shouldn’t be hard for you.
You wanted me to do your work but nice diversion thrown back at you.

still diverting? Go look at my first response to you tonight. Had nothing to do with anyone being right or wrong. Second, I have no idea if I’m right or wrong on anything. I don’t take hardass positions because nothings ever black and white.

still diverting? Go look at my first response to you tonight. Had nothing to do with anyone being right or wrong. Second, I have no idea if I’m right or wrong on anything. I don’t take hardass positions because nothings ever black and white.
I am not diverting.
You inferred you admit when you are wrong and I do it x10 more.
Well please show us you admit you are wrong.
Because you are proving my point but just pivoting away.
I am asking you to show when you admit you are wrong on real takes?

I am not diverting.
You inferred you admit when you are wrong and I do it x10 more.
Well please show us you admit you are wrong.
Because you are proving my point but just pivoting away.
I am asking you to show when you admit you are wrong on real takes?

you really struggle with this. Try going back like I said. Even the 10x more had nothing to do with right or wrong.

you really struggle with this. Try going back like I said. Even the 10x more had nothing to do with right or wrong.
It had nothing to do with being right. So I don’t why you would even bring that up. It was about admitting when you are wrong.

To the rest it’s pointless because this post says nothing. You are good.

But good job you will get your likes from people who don’t like me.

It had nothing to do with being right. So I don’t why you would even bring that up. It was about admitting when you are wrong.

To the rest it’s pointless because this post says nothing. You are good.

But good job you will get your likes from people who don’t like me.

do I really need to copy and paste each response in this thread tonight? You’ve got yourself all twisted and can’t read straight.

I'm hoping he's a much better rebounder than I expect.

There's not really much about his game that screams glass cleaner.

It's ok, by virtue of the zone we're generally iffy on the boards.

I guess I'd put it like this, when I look at the roster I see 3 guys that with minutes could grab 10 rebounds in a game - Sidibe, Jimmy Jr., and probably Edwards.

Swider and Benny are TBD, but... eh, I don't know.

With Quincy it felt like every game (he was healthy) he'd be a threat to get 10.

You know, guys like Preston Shumpert, Kris Joseph or Andrew White only got 5 or 6 rebounds a game. The number of guys who have gotten 10 rebounds a game in the last 50 years you can count on one hand.

If we have two or three guys who can get five a game (Swider, Bennie and Edwards), and a guy who can get 7 or 8 (Sidibe), we'll be OK. It's a group effort, and the guards have to chip in.

You know, guys like Preston Shumpert, Kris Joseph or Andrew White only got 5 or 6 rebounds a game. The number of guys who have gotten 10 rebounds a game in the last 50 years you can count on one hand.

If we have two or three guys who can get five a game (Swider, Bennie and Edwards), and a guy who can get 7 or 8 (Sidibe), we'll be OK. It's a group effort, and the guards have to chip in.
I frequently remind people just how rare it is for us to have someone average 10 rebounds a game. It's rare, it's hard. And I agree with you that it's a group effort.

That's not really what I'm talking about though.

When a guy is a rebounder, it shines through. You see it. It doesn't take many minutes. They end up with the ball. Q and AG had it. Marek didn't. Girard has it. Buddy, Ajak, Big Bad Bobby, those guys didn't. Woody has it. Edwards has it, but needs the strength to catch up so he can keep more. Sidibe got better at it.

We have three years of high level college basketball that says that's not what Swider is. Somebody was grabbing rebounds at Nova. It wasn't him. My expectation for him on the boards is really low. He'll get some. He's tall. The backline of the zone will get a few by default. Minutes matter, but even projecting him over 5 seems like a big stretch. My guess is he averages 4 a game.

Again, it's fine. He brings other skills to the table. But the guy has a career high of 7 rebounds (4X). For him to average 5 a game would be a monster leap. I'm not saying it's impossible, just that I don't think that's where we set the expectation.

I'm in line with this. Quincy had good rebounding numbers in part because we didn't really have anyone else. If -IF - JB actually plays a center, I think our rebounding will be ok. Not great but good enough.

At the end of the season, Joe was doing a great job of helping out on the boards. He really read the shots well and went after the rebounds that often go to the other team when guys are lazy.

Why is he not coming back to Syracuse if he is returning to play College Ball ?

Why did he leave once and for all. So I can settle myself this one ticks me off if he returns to college at a different school.

I’m not a Quincy fan after pulling this. Not rooting for him at all. Not rooting against him, but am definitely not happy for him or hoping he succeeds.

I’m not a Quincy fan after pulling this. Not rooting for him at all. Not rooting against him, but am definitely not happy for him or hoping he succeeds.

I am. Kid played hard, never opened his mouth on the court, played through injuries, and was well liked by his teammates and the staff.

Now, I'm disappointed that he is opting to leave. But the staff already went out and brought in his replacements, so I understand why he's similarly doing what's best for himself. Sucks, but it is what it is.

I am. Kid played hard, never opened his mouth on the court, played through injuries, and was well liked by his teammates and the staff.

Now, I'm disappointed that he is opting to leave. But the staff already went out and brought in his replacements, so I understand why he's similarly doing what's best for himself. Sucks, but it is what it is.
Yeah it's a weird scenario that seems completely unnecessary, but I don't really see Quincy being at fault here.

Also... I still think he's playing professionally next season.

I get it but this kid is making a bonehead move to not go Euro pro considering he could sign just about anywhere.

As has been mentioned a few times, the biggest issue is timing because of the pandemic. It’s not Q’s fault nor is it SU’s fault. The deadline to withdraw from the NBA draft is in July. Last year was even worse as the date was early August. That date used to always be in May. That later date makes it tough for a coach to “wait”. We had to cover ourselves by going out and getting Swider and Boeheim.

As has been mentioned a few times, the biggest issue is timing because of the pandemic. It’s not Q’s fault nor is it SU’s fault. The deadline to withdraw from the NBA draft is in July. Last year was even worse as the date was early August. That date used to always be in May. That later date makes it tough for a coach to “wait”. We had to cover ourselves by going out and getting Swider and Boeheim.
Exactly, no one is acting badly here. Jb had to protect his program and Q is looking out for his future.

Why is he not coming back to Syracuse if he is returning to play College Ball ?

Why did he leave once and for all. So I can settle myself this one ticks me off if he returns to college at a different school.
Didn't the school do what you are always begging them to do? Q went in the draft so they moved on. When they do that, you whine about it. Can't have it both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom