Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kneel at the pulpit of JB. But he needs to be more of a players coach. Kadary wanted more minutes give him more minutes he wants to shoot 3s let him shoot 3s. Quincy wanted to play SF you let him. For star players yes. A star in Kadary leaves we replace him with a scrub in Torrence. Least we were able to replace Quincy nicely with Swider and Jimmy Jr.
Why have a coach? Let's just have players go out and do what they want. Are you really able to dress yourself?

Bees with everybody coming back Kadary Quincy AG and Benny coming in and Jimmy Jr. We obviously dont get Swider or need Torrence. We are a top 10 team next year. Now without we are back end top 25. So yeah people are angry including me because those guys should still be here.
Here is a secret but don't tell anyone. The coaches really wanted Cole. They think he is a "elite" shooter. That is their word for him.

I'm hoping he's a much better rebounder than I expect.

There's not really much about his game that screams glass cleaner.

It's ok, by virtue of the zone we're generally iffy on the boards.

I guess I'd put it like this, when I look at the roster I see 3 guys that with minutes could grab 10 rebounds in a game - Sidibe, Jimmy Jr., and probably Edwards.

Swider and Benny are TBD, but... eh, I don't know.

With Quincy it felt like every game (he was healthy) he'd be a threat to get 10.

This is why I think Jimmy starts.

Here is a secret but don't tell anyone. The coaches really wanted Cole. They think he is a "elite" shooter. That is their word for him.
I like Swider as a better Alan Griffin.
If we had a big who could be a threat offensively then playing Benny and Cole would work.

I am not worried about shooting.
We have enough shooters we will win some games.
Our problem will be against smart coached teams.

I like Swider as a better Alan Griffin.
If we had a big who could be a threat offensively then playing Benny and Cole would work.

I am not worried about shooting.
We have enough shooters we will win some games.
Our problem will be against smart coached teams.
who are they?

This is why I think Jimmy starts.
Jimmy should be the 3rd forward in minutes played.
If he is playing more than Benny then it probably means Benny isn’t as good as advertised.
Benny is probably the most talented player on the team even though Buddy will be more important as the featured threat.

If he is playing more than Benny then it probably means Benny isn’t as good as advertised.
Benny is probably the most talented player on the team even though Buddy will be more important as the featured threat.
Have you seen Benny play? I haven't. I have a hard time saying he is more talented than Buddy. Buddy was scoring 30 a game at the end of the year. If Benny was good enough to do that, I will be underestimating how good we are going to be.

who are they?
Virginia, Villanova for sure.
If we play Baylor in Atlantis.
There are teams are that well coached.

Basically any team that puts pressure on us will cause us to struggle.
Villanova is going to do that half court pressure against our ball handlers and will force us to keep the ball out of the hands of best ball handler.

This team has shooting but it’s not complete.

Have you seen Benny play? I haven't.
Yes I have seen him.
His game reminds of former Virginia player DeAndre Hunter.

He should be our most talented player by far next year.
Buddy is better though next year.

Virginia, Villanova for sure.
If we play Baylor in Atlantis.
There are teams are that well coached.

Basically any team that puts pressure on us will cause us to struggle.
Villanova is going to do that half court pressure against our ball handlers and will force us to keep the ball out of the hands of best ball handler.

This team has shooting but it’s not complete.
Seeing as how we haven't played a game yet and won't for another 6 months, I'll hold off on what I think we can't do. I know everyone else is greatly coached and will just tear us apart. We have size and our zone is going to give anyone we play a lot of trouble. People that are worried about our defense are going to be greatly disappointed or happy. On this board, it's anyone's guess which. Jess is going to be here all summer. Can't begin to say how much that will help. We have some older forwards. Can't say how much that will help. We have a All ACC guard that can fill it up on any given night. We are going to have a team that when we make the tournament, can go a long ways.

I think Jimmy and Benny both start and Swider is a super sub.

Virginia is in a similar to worse spot than us. They bring Clark back, but have to replace just about everyone else who gave them any production.

I don't see that. I hate to say this but if Jimmy starts, it won't be Cole sitting to start. I think Jimmy will really help us. But...

I'm thinking the same as you. Super early prediction

Benny starts, gets 30-32 mins mostly at SF
Jimmy Jr starts, gets 25 mins mostly at PF
Swider comes off the bench, splits the remaining time at SF/PF

I don't see that. I hate to say this but if Jimmy starts, it won't be Cole sitting to start. I think Jimmy will really help us. But...

Gulp...

Even if that happens it’s the centers that will get the shaft from a minutes standpoint.

If Benny isn’t starting I would be very shocked.
I like your optimism on Jimmy so I hope it’s right but he shouldn’t be starting over Cole or Benny.

Seeing as how we haven't played a game yet and won't for another 6 months, I'll hold off on what I think we can't do. I know everyone else is greatly coached and will just tear us apart. We have size and our zone is going to give anyone we play a lot of trouble. People that are worried about our defense are going to be greatly disappointed or happy. On this board, it's anyone's guess which. Jess is going to be here all summer. Can't begin to say how much that will help. We have some older forwards. Can't say how much that will help. We have a All ACC guard that can fill it up on any given night. We are going to have a team that when we make the tournament, can go a long ways.
Your last sentence i can say what you said in your first 2 sentences here.
People thought this in 2017 after the 2016 Final Four and in 2019 after the 2018 sweet 16.

Bees wants people to stop pissing and moaning the same stuff. Well I would say it’s pretty obvious the top of pyramid’s behavior does the same thing only in reverse.
Well sorry if I see what I see I am going to say it until I am wrong.
I don’t post in every thread.
I am consistent in what I think.
I see a flawed roster.
Guard play is what goes deep in the NCAAT.
I don’t consider the sweet 16 a deep run.
I completely disagree with your last sentence because of our point guard play.

Your last sentence i can say what you said in your first.

Bees wants people to stop saying the same stuff.
Well sorry if I see what I see I am going to say it until I am wrong.
I don’t post in every thread.
I am consistent in what I think.
I see a flawed roster.
Guard play is what goes deep in the NCAAT.
I don’t consider the sweet 16 a deep run.
I completely disagree with your last sentence because of our point guard play.

I get fans are down on Girard, but he actually played well in the NCAA tournament. Those last couple minutes against WVU get blown out of proportion here, but Marek deserved just as much of the blame for not getting the ball over half court.

If he plays like he did in the tournament we can be very successful and again Symir is a wild card. He could be another Triche or he could be another Josh Wright. We don't know yet.

Bees wants people to stop pissing and moaning the same stuff. Well I would say it’s pretty obvious the top of pyramid’s behavior does the same thing only in reverse.

keep trying to convince yourself of that.

keep trying to convince yourself of that.
You are exactly what you complain about just in reverse.
You won’t admit it.
Which is fine. When stuff is subjective it doesn’t mean you are always right. Try to remember that.

i admit when I am wrong. Try it sometime.
The posters I listed before do that.

I get fans are down on Girard, but he actually played well in the NCAA tournament. Those last couple minutes against WVU get blown out of proportion here, but Marek deserved just as much of the blame for not getting the ball over half court.

If he plays like he did in the tournament we can be very successful and again Symir is a wild card. He could be another Triche or he could be another Josh Wright. We don't know yet.
Girard is huge next season (not a fat joke, I swear).

He's the catalyst between another year on the bubble and us with a solid seed line.

We need him to continue doing well some of the things he does well, like rebounding from the top of the zone, and play a little smarter which his shot selection and tighten up his defense.

It's not a crazy list. These are improvements he can make. It's big if he does.

You are exactly what you complain about just in reverse.
You won’t admit it.
Which is fine. When stuff is subjective it doesn’t mean you are always right. Try to remember that.

i admit when I am wrong. Try it sometime.
The posters I listed before do that.

lol. Sure show me. You’ll win by at least 10x.

lol. Sure show me. You’ll win by at least 10x.
Next you admit you are wrong on a SU basketball take I will remember.
You are just good at pivoting.
I’ll believe it when I see it but of course you are always right.

Next you admit you are wrong on a SU basketball take I will remember.
You are just good at pivoting.
I’ll believe it when I see it but of course you are always right.

nice diversion. That’s typical of you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom