Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was constantly screening for Buddy, always more of a banger around the rim and then getting a few open 3s. I wouldn't say he had free reign in terms of being a perimeter guy full time if that is what he wants.

I still think going pro is far more sensible of an explanation than transferring at his age but I'm not sure also what else we can offer him that would benefit everyone involved.
If he was a good 3 pt shooter he could have shot at will. ( He gets a 1st year pass due to injury).
I think JB will run with 4 out when he can and in the half court Benny and Cole will facilitate. Then when the other Symir gets in, it will be drive and dish more traditionally.

If he was a good 3 pt shooter he could have shot at will. ( He gets a 1st year pass due to injury).
I think JB will run with 4 out when he can and in the half court Benny and Cole will facilitate. Then when the other Symir gets in, it will be drive and dish more traditionally.

I'd like to see one more athletic body, like that 6-6 swingman whose name came up the other day. Somebody who can handle the ball and get to the rim, while also being able to hit a 3 point shot. We get 1 guy like that (think early season Griffin, or Battle) and this team looks a whole lot better in my eyes.

So this kid wants to play SF and we want him to play PF.
So will Swider now play PF?
If so will be expected to do what Guerrier did this year?

So this kid wants to play SF and we want him to play PF.
So will Swider now play PF?
If so will be expected to do what Guerrier did this year?
Swider would be a better outside shooting but significantly worse rebounding Guerrier.

Swider would be a better outside shooting but significantly worse rebounding Guerrier.
I get that but if you want to space the floor you need somebody who can actually cause a defense to collapse or else nobody is going to get open shots even if they can shoot.
Big always over play the hedge on pick and rolls against us because the 5 hasn’t been an offensive threat.

I like having shooters but again the reason I am down on the team is PG play.

I kneel at the pulpit of JB. But he needs to be more of a players coach. Kadary wanted more minutes give him more minutes he wants to shoot 3s let him shoot 3s. Quincy wanted to play SF you let him. For star players yes. A star in Kadary leaves we replace him with a scrub in Torrence. Least we were able to replace Quincy nicely with Swider and Jimmy Jr.

I get that but if you want to space the floor you need somebody who can actually cause a defense to collapse or else nobody is going to get open shots even if they can shoot.
Yeah I'm not really sure about how Swider in the Guerrier role really goes.

Yeah I'm not really sure about how Swider in the Guerrier role really goes.
Swider and Jimmy each getting minutes is why I am convinced Frank will eventually transfer this year.

JB is going to play small ball to get the forwards minutes unless he limits Benny which I hope he doesn’t.

I kneel at the pulpit of JB. But he needs to be more of a players coach. Kadary wanted more minutes give him more minutes he wants to shoot 3s let him shoot 3s. Quincy wanted to play SF you let him. For star players yes. A star in Kadary leaves we replace him with a scrub in Torrence. Least we were able to replace Quincy nicely with Swider and Jimmy Jr.
Torrence is not a scrub.

Torrence is not a scrub.

He is a great kid coaches high school Marquette syracuse local media all say it. But he cant play harsh but true. If u cant play at Marquette you cant play here at Syracuse in the ACC. He is a non p5 player.

Swider will probably be a better rebounder than you expect. At Villanova, he was always asked to play away from the basket, guarding guards on the switch out on the wing or at the top of the key. In the zone, he will be much closer to rebounding position. I'm optimistic. He is 6-9.

Knock it off.

Some of you just love pissing and moaning about everything.

Bees with everybody coming back Kadary Quincy AG and Benny coming in and Jimmy Jr. We obviously dont get Swider or need Torrence. We are a top 10 team next year. Now without we are back end top 25. So yeah people are angry including me because those guys should still be here.

It wasn't minutes it was restrictions per Kadary. I really wanted him back but he's gone, time to move on.

He is a great kid coaches high school Marquette syracuse local media all say it. But he cant play harsh but true. If u cant play at Marquette you cant play here at Syracuse in the ACC. He is a non p5 player.
There is a Samuel L. Jackson quote from Pulp Fiction that fits here.

Bees with everybody coming back Kadary Quincy AG and Benny coming in and Jimmy Jr. We obviously dont get Swider or need Torrence. We are a top 10 team next year. Now without we are back end top 25. So yeah people are angry including me because those guys should still be here.

good luck next season

Swider will probably be a better rebounder than you expect. At Villanova, he was always asked to play away from the basket, guarding guards on the switch out on the wing or at the top of the key. In the zone, he will be much closer to rebounding position. I'm optimistic. He is 6-9.
I'm hoping he's a much better rebounder than I expect.

There's not really much about his game that screams glass cleaner.

It's ok, by virtue of the zone we're generally iffy on the boards.

I guess I'd put it like this, when I look at the roster I see 3 guys that with minutes could grab 10 rebounds in a game - Sidibe, Jimmy Jr., and probably Edwards.

Swider and Benny are TBD, but... eh, I don't know.

With Quincy it felt like every game (he was healthy) he'd be a threat to get 10.

I'd like to see one more athletic body, like that 6-6 swingman whose name came up the other day. Somebody who can handle the ball and get to the rim, while also being able to hit a 3 point shot. We get 1 guy like that (think early season Griffin, or Battle) and this team looks a whole lot better in my eyes.

That is Benny's role and I hope he's better than both of those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom