Quincy Guerrier transferring to Oregon | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier transferring to Oregon

"some of us thought was a bad move"???? He put his name in the draft. The some of us thought we should have just assumed he was going to pull out of the draft? That might be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on this board. and that is saying something. CR wouldn't even go that far wrong. If he didn't want us to pick up two forwards, all he had to do was not put his name in the NBA draft.

We still go after Swider if he comes back this board has been obsessed with Swider for years and the staff felt the same way. Ditto Jimmy Jr. And Benny.

Quincy was effectively recruited over. There will be a couple games we miss him but the role we'd want him to play he isn't interested in.

He made a good choice. I think he should stay there for 2-3 years and try to crack the NBA as a fully grown 25 year old man tbh.

Someone needs to tell Quincy it’s not all about him. I guess I just did.
Oh who's a big bad man! Setting the college guy straight about the facts of life and the real world! Spitting straight truth on a fan board where there's almost zero chance he sees you dispensing these great pearls of wisdom!

SPEAK. YOUR. TRUTH. YOU. BIG. BAD. MAN.

We still go after Swider if he comes back this board has been obsessed with Swider for years and the staff felt the same way. Ditto Jimmy Jr. And Benny.

Quincy was effectively recruited over. There will be a couple games we miss him but the role we'd want him to play he isn't interested in.

He made a good choice. I think he should stay there for 2-3 years and try to crack the NBA as a fully grown 25 year old man tbh.
Very good observations. All true statements about Swider, JBjr and Bernie.

Didn’t Quincy decided to test the NBA draft waters? Syracuse recruited against his projected absence.

When he changed his perspective, it was like they over-recruited my position, I’m leaving.

Can’t have the best of both worlds.

Rothstein just tweeted that Guerrier has pulled out of the draft process and will play at Oregon.

Wish him the best of luck and hope he gets to showcase his outside shot and handling like he wants. I have my doubts he will get that chance but hope it works out.

Wish him the best of luck and hope he gets to showcase his outside shot and handling like he wants. I have my doubts he will get that chance but hope it works out.
Quincy wanted the role that we're all hoping Benny will fill: Faceup multitalented forward, with a 3-level offensive game, bang on the boards, a go-to shooter/scorer. If Benny is a better version of what Quincy wanted to be, we'll be golden.

Sorry. He made a commitment. Was given major minutes, an opportunity to develop his game and a pledge from the coaching staff to work with him on the facets of his game that would help him get to the next level and chose to bail. Won’t wish him ill but I could care less how he progresses at Duck U.

Bad decision

it’s key that his next year has to be successful and hopefully showcase his talent.

So to do that he chose to join a program he’s unfamiliar with, to play for a coach he’s unfamiliar with and new teammates he has no current synergy with.

to play for a program with no National vibe

And a less than dynamic league

and I say good luck and bye

it's going to be very interesting to see how he does as a duck.

theres an above zero chance he shows better than he did in orange.

I kinda want him to do well just so JB might be nudged to be less formulaic in determining roles for his players.

I get why JB does things the way he does and it generally works...but there's drawbacks to it as well.

For one, it is very easy to gameplan against a team that gives its players strict roles/rules for their play. this is a reason teams like UVA give the orange fits imo (i realize this is part of winning basketball and cant be avoided to a certain extent, but my feeling is JB takes it to another level with certain players)

another reason is it becomes a sef fulfilling thing...like player x isnt allowed to shoot ...so they then become a headcase about shooting and play worse overall.

Also, in terms of the center position, for example, it is now "typecast" in the system as non-offensive and deters recruits from coming to the team. even though we all know that JB would be more than happy to have a dynamic center, it isnt as clear to recruits based on the roles that his centers have been given over recent years.

There's clearly been a difference of opinion amongst a lot of recent players over the last several seasons in terms of the roles theyve been given and the roles they see themselves as capable of. Now JB is right that not many _have shown much after transferring...which vindicates him to an extent... but big picture wise I think many players get stifled under such an approach and it doesnt work with a lot of players. especially with this current generation. so it would be great for recruiting to get away from such an approach to the extent that it is used under JB.

Bad decision

it’s key that his next year has to be successful and hopefully showcase his talent.

So to do that he chose to join a program he’s unfamiliar with, to play for a coach he’s unfamiliar with and new teammates he has no current synergy with.

to play for a program with no National vibe

And a less than dynamic league

and I say good luck and bye
Did you watch the tournament? PAC 12 had far more success than our league

Trust me, the LAST thing we needed this year was for our 5th best three-point shooter to be showcasing himself for the NBA from deeeep. I think we saw that in the final year of our last Canadian PF, didn't we?

Quincy wanted the role that we're all hoping Benny will fill: Faceup multitalented forward, with a 3-level offensive game, bang on the boards, a go-to shooter/scorer. If Benny is a better version of what Quincy wanted to be, we'll be golden.
They are different players. Benny is what Quincy want to become

You mean the one playing in the NBA?

In total fairness he got 2 years of launching in a league where wins and losses don't matter to get him to that point.

Also Oshae had a pro level release on his jumper and better instincts attacking the rim off a drive when he declared than QG. QG has a very slow release and struggles beating his man to the rim. I think he could have had a great year but I don't think giving him the role he wanted gets us many wins.

This. OSB was (and is) very springy.
To date, Q has mostly played below the rim.

Now - that could be due to injuries, but - he hasn't shown that explosive athleticism Brissy has.

QG was a far better finisher at the rim at the same time than Oshae, aside from getting stuffed a good many times. He could have had a AA year improving his handle some and his outside shot some while serving that same role. A ballhandler and 3pt chucker would have made him a liability for stretches this season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom