Quincy Guerrier transferring to Oregon | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier transferring to Oregon

So many terrible takes in this thread.

I’m rooting for Quincy in a huge way next year. I think he made a great decision.

Rooting for QG as well. I do think though staying in the draft, the G League would have been a better move. That way he gets the developmental coaching to get his shot. I don't see him avoiding the G League after next year as it is. There are just much better options than college hoops for these kids to develop right now who are fringe prospects. Nothing against Oregon or Altman but they aren't going to unlock anything for Q IMO. Hope I'm wrong and he kills it and gets himself into the draft and sticks on a roster.

I also think that that same move would have benefitted Tyus too vs coming back .. from a basketball perspective that is not academically.

Last edited:
Rooting for QG as well. I do think though staying in the draft, the G League would have been a better move. That way he gets the developmental coaching to get his shot. I don't see him avoiding the G League after next year as it is. There are just much better options than college hoops for these kids to develop right now who are fringe prospects. Nothing against Oregon or Altman but they aren't going to unlock anything for Q IMO. Hope I'm wrong and he kills it and gets himself into the draft and sticks on a roster.

I also think that that same move would have benefitted Tyus too vs coming back .. from a basketball perspective that is not academically.
I think he’s improved this year despite the injuries. His three point form looks much better. He needs to do everything a step quicker and more explosively. He limits himself on dribble drives by hesitating and letting the defense get set. Same for his passing. He looks like he’s thinking too much. But can see him doing the work. Just hope he stays healthy

Last edited:
I think he’s improved this year despite the injuries. His three point form looks much better. He needs to do everything a step quicker and more explosively. He limits himself on dribble drives by hesitating and letting the defense get set. Same for his passing. He looks like he’s thinking too much. But can see him doing the work. Just hope he stays hea.

Yep couldn't agree more. That hesitation is what really holds him back. He also shows too much of the ball when trying to use the bounce. He hangs it out there and naturally gets his pocket picked.

The big thing about his desire to be an outside shooter and more of a wing to me is that he has great footwork in the post. While undersized, he could add another 15-20 lbs and use size with that footwork to get effective at a pro level. While I realize that may not be what he sees as his ticket, there is something to be said for do what you so best and keep getting better at it. Challenge yourself but don't abandon and lose touch with what you Excel at

Per the Athletic reporting:

“He wants to show more things offensively than he was getting to at Syracuse, and he wasn’t particularly pleased the staff added two forwards at his position, with a five-star freshman also joining the group. It would have been a crowded forward group consisting of four guys who all want to play a lot. All told, Guerrier probably believed he could go somewhere else and get better opportunities off the catch and off back cuts toward the basket, according to three people close to the team.”

So apparently Q wasn’t pleased with us adding two forwards (something that some of us thought was a bad move), and he also believed the BS that Altman and Mennenga were selling and that his camp was telling him about his role next year at Cuse.

Last edited:

“He wants to show more things offensively than he was getting to at Syracuse, and he wasn’t particularly pleased the staff added two forwards at his position, with a five-star freshman also joining the group. It would have been a crowded forward group consisting of four guys who all want to play a lot. All told, Guerrier probably believed he could go somewhere else and get better opportunities off the catch and off back cuts toward the basket, according to three people close to the team.”

So apparently Q wasn’t pleased with us adding two forwards, and he believed the BS that Altman and Mennenga were selling and that his camp was telling him about his role next year at Cuse.

This is the new normal. They want to see 1 guy off the bench so they are getting 30 plus minutes almost guaranteed

So apparently Q wasn’t pleased with us adding two forwards (something that some of us thought was a bad move), and he also believed the BS that Altman and Mennenga were selling and that his camp was telling him about his role next year at Cuse.

Again, that doesn’t happen if he doesn’t declare for the nba with a date as late as July this year to withdraw. That date used to be May which is a different scenario.

Good grief.

He declared.

We lost four forwards and added two.

So many terrible takes in this thread.

I’m rooting for Quincy in a huge way next year. I think he made a great decision.
Don't see his decision as great, but I understand he has a plan and that plan isn't JAB's plan.
Yes I hope he is successful as well, but not against Cuse, should it ever come to that in the NCAA's

I check in on this thread every so often and to this day I really don't understand the move. He was a starter, got lots of playing time. was our best rebounder and a decent scorer. Is he really going to a better program? Also, he was much closer to home here than out west (although during a pandemic maybe that doesn't mean much). We will again be without a Canadian on the roster which saddens me.

There had to be someone or something that put a burr up his backside at SU. Lots of theories about that and I wonder if we will ever know for sure.

Last edited:

"some of us thought was a bad move"???? He put his name in the draft. The some of us thought we should have just assumed he was going to pull out of the draft? That might be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on this board. and that is saying something. CR wouldn't even go that far wrong. If he didn't want us to pick up two forwards, all he had to do was not put his name in the NBA draft.

I check in on this thread every so often and to this day I really don't understand the move. He was a starter, got lots of playing time. was out best rebounder and a decent scorer. Is he really going to a better program? Also, he was much closer to home here than out west (although during a pandemic maybe that doesn't mean much). We will again be without a Canadian on the roster which saddens me.

There had to be someone or something that put a burr up his backside at SU. Lots of theories about that and I wonder if we will ever know for sure.

“He was looking for my position and I was looking for the same thing. I’m going to play more at the three and I’m going to be able to play more on the perimeter and put the ball more on the floor. That was really the main reason why I left Syracuse because I couldn’t really do that. Now I will be able to show my full potential.”

"some of us thought was a bad move"???? He put his name in the draft. The some of us thought we should have just assumed he was going to pull out of the draft? That might be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on this board. and that is saying something. CR wouldn't even go that far wrong. If he didn't want us to pick up two forwards, all he had to do was not put his name in the NBA draft.

Now don't underestimate CR...

Agreed, this is massively uncomplicated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom