Quincy Guerrier transferring to Oregon | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier transferring to Oregon

Q...uack. Quincy played hard every minute & through multiple injuries. He sacrificed his own self interests as a player, regardless of whether you think they’re misguided or not, for the good of the team. As I’ve always said, I don’t care if a player is Orange for 4 years or 4 minutes, I appreciate their contribution & wish them success.

Last edited:
“He was looking for my position and I was looking for the same thing. I’m going to play more at the three and I’m going to be able to play more on the perimeter and put the ball more on the floor. That was really the main reason why I left Syracuse because I couldn’t really do that. Now I will be able to show my full potential.”

He was not interested in doing what we needed him to do next year. Sucks to see him go but both parties will be fine.

“He was looking for my position and I was looking for the same thing. I’m going to play more at the three and I’m going to be able to play more on the perimeter and put the ball more on the floor. That was really the main reason why I left Syracuse because I couldn’t really do that. Now I will be able to show my full potential.”

He was not interested in doing what we needed him to do next year. Sucks to see him go but both parties will be fine.

Figured this was the reason.

Why on earth would a starter leave Syracuse to go to Oregon to play basketball? I just don't understand these transfers from a common sense standpoint?

Is it simply because kids just want to try something new?

I hope it works out for Quincy. Great kid, was easy to root for. If he turns out to be a 40% 3 point shooter, he is going to be an AA candidate. They better give him that chance!

Define "fine". .500 in the ACC and an 11 seed?

Why on earth would a starter leave Syracuse to go to Oregon to play basketball? I just don't understand these transfers from a common sense standpoint?

Is it simply because kids just want to try something new?

He wants to play in the NBA.

The NBA told him his best chance is to play the "3".

He wouldn't be a "3" here. Not nearly enough perimeter opportunities.

Oregon is willing to let him audition as a "3".

so both kadary and Q leave so that they can show off their talents. I wish both of these guys the best. Q was in a tough spot with Benny coming in. It will be interesting to see how he does at the 3.

Sounds like he knew what he wanted right away. He knew the NBA wasn't really a option. Oh well!

Define "fine". .500 in the ACC and an 11 seed?

not far from where we were with him. I wish he didn’t leave and that he felt he could showcase his talents here, but here we are.

Why are we losing our best players - players that got significant playing time and would in the future - to peer/lesser programs? Is there a third Boeheim that we can add to replace him? Maybe a cousin?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom