• a

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

longislandcuse

Living Legend
Going out like pu$$ies.

Miami just infinately better than us with no backcourt (Lin/Shump) and a banged up Amare.

A big What goes out to Tyson Chandler for doing absolutely nothing in this series.

Landry Fields is barely a D-League player right now.

JR Smith and Steve Novak just lost a ton of money.

/rant

This game was disappointing.

You could tell halfway through the 3rd quarter when they hadnt got it under double digits that they started to give up.

Just not good enough. Not sure they're giving up; Miami has beaten them by double digits in 4 of the 5 games in this series; they are just clearly a better team.

Chandler was kind of a no show though.

Going out like pu$$ies.

Miami just infinately better than us with no backcourt (Lin/Shump) and a banged up Amare.

A big What goes out to Tyson Chandler for doing absolutely nothing in this series.

Landry Fields is barely a D-League player right now.

JR Smith and Steve Novak just lost a ton of money.

/rant

This game was disappointing.

This, shocked how bad tyson was. This is also why i laugh when eople say kris wont get drafted...just look at this game and fields, guarantee you kris d o better than that guy

Just not good enough. Not sure they're giving up; Miami has beaten them by double digits in 4 of the 5 games in this series; they are just clearly a better team.

Chandler was kind of a no show though.
Chandler and JR were really disappointing. They needed to step up and gave us nothing. JR in the 2nd quarter (where the game was lost) might as well been wearing a Heat jersey.

Chandler and JR were really disappointing. They needed to step up and gave us nothing. JR in the 2nd quarter (where the game was lost) might as well been wearing a Heat jersey.

JR was really bad. Someone needs to explain to him the worst percentage shot in the game is the long 2. He must've taken half his shots in this series from there.

Fields and jr will not be here next year...cant wait to draft waiters in the firts round...o wait

Kudos to the Heat. I don't quite understand how a guy with such talent plays as "under control" as Lebron does. Just so patient, ripping apart defenses, doing whatever is needed for his team. But, Miami will not win it all unless they completely unleash this guy. Why are they playing half court basketball?

Melo was Melo... he shot a lot..he scored a lot. I imagine there will be a mutiny if he is trying to put up 30 shots per night next season. Can't win that way longterm. Knicks will come back focused and very strong next year. Melo is just a winner, through and through. I don't care what the numbers say...he leaves it all on the court, and thats what people will remember. 100% effort. Yes, Lebron guarded him well..but Melo still let the NBA who the scoring machine was.

I wonder if Devo would ever get a shot? He seems like he puts up big numbers in the other leagues and hes a shooting guard...who can shoot, and he has a decent handle.

We weren't gonna beat the Heat, but you'd expect a better showing.
Btw- What wuz up w/ Reggie Miller saying "Carmelo has to lose some weight" at the end of the game? And this after he'd made a spectacular And-One despite getting clobbered by LBJ & Bosh? It was totally contradicting what had just happened!
I'm always fascinated by how the media takes a narrative, ie; Melo is overweight & out of shape, and then runs with it despite all evidence to the contrary.
Melo needed to do alot of things this series, but losing weight wasn't one of them. :crazy:

We weren't gonna beat the Heat, but you'd expect a better showing.
Btw- What wuz up w/ Reggie Miller saying "Carmelo has to lose some weight" at the end of the game? And this after he'd made a spectacular and one despite getting clobbered by LBJ & Bosh? It was totally contradicting what had just happened!
I'm always fascited by how the media takes a narrative, ie; Melo is overweight & out of shape, and then runs with it despite all evidence to the contrary.
Melo needed to do alot of things this series, but losing weight wasn't one of them. :crazy:

Reggie was only repeating what Carmelo's coach has said: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/challenging_melo_ypzDpCxkkrQQy6zR2skkkN

Chandler is a pick and roll big with no healthy guards to run the pick and roll with. I really hope Scoop lands with the knicks he a is very good pick and role guard and throws a great lob pass, which will mean easy buckets for Chandler and Amare. I'm done with Lin for punking out of this game! He should have played

My offseason wishlist:

Roster shake up that lands us D-Will, Nash or Dwight Howard to team up with Melo.

Doubt that happens so the Knicks need to get a solid backup pg whos not 80 and some shooters who arent less athletic than my Grandma.

I love Carmelo, but the Knicks are a terrible organization.

Chandler is a pick and roll big with no healthy guards to run the pick and roll with. I really hope Scoop lands with the knicks he a is very good pick and role guard and throws a great lob pass, which will mean easy buckets for Chandler and Amare. I'm done with Lin for punking out of this game! He should have played
I think Scoop and KJo would have helped us if they were on our bench right now lol, thats how bad it was, although props to Bibby for stepping up tonight in the loss.

Yeah always makes sense to rush your starting point guard back from a serious injury for a game 5 in a series this team wasn't winning anyways.

I love Carmelo, but the Knicks are a terrible organization.
This is not true of them now. Miami is in the East. That says it all. The Knicks would have a great shot at the Finals every year without them. This whole offseason will be centered on putting a team out there that can compete with the Superteam Miami.

My offseason wishlist:

Roster shake up that lands us D-Will, Nash or Dwight Howard to team up with Melo.

Doubt that happens so the Knicks need to get a solid backup pg whos not 80 and some shooters who arent less athletic than my Grandma.

A healthly Lin and Shumpert, a frontline defensive presence off the bench and a backup point guard who is durable, passes first and plays good defense is what the team needs. Would love to see a 6th man with JR Smith's talent and not his brain. I don't know what frustruated me the most about watching the Knicks the past month since Lin's been out- Baron Davis's poor passing or JR's decision making. Not to mention a full injury free preseason where Lin/Melo/Amare/Chandler can develop the necessary chemistry. Way, way, way too many moving parts this season.

A healthly Lin and Shumpert, a frontline defensive presence off the bench and a backup point guard who is durable, passes first and plays good defense is what the team needs. Would love to see a 6th man with JR Smith's talent and not his brain. I don't know what frustruated me the most about watching the Knicks the past month since Lin's been out- Baron Davis's poor passing or JR's decision making. Not to mention a full injury free preseason where Lin/Melo/Amare/Chandler can develop the necessary chemistry. Way, way, way too many moving parts this season.
The frontline defensive presence off the bench will be Jeffries. The backup pg very well could be Jonny Flynn or some like him. Ive seen Flynn mentioned on a couple Knick websites when talking about offseason moves. I want to want to keep JR and Novak but at this point I could care less if they walk.

Yes, I'm sure Scoop would come right in and get lots of minutes for the Knicks next year. :oops: You need someone who is going to be able to get penetration..

Reggie Miller calling Carmelo fat as the game is ending was funny I will admit.

The injury excuse will only go too far, the NBA is a "SUPERSTARS" league and Carmelo's supporting cast is "good enough" to NOT be an 8 seed and NOT go out in Rd 1. It's not about losing tonight or in this series, that was a given. The Knicks problem is a real "SUPERSTAR" wouldn't have had their team in this position to begin with.

Blame D'Antoni, blame the injuries, blame Amare being dumb, people can pass the blame around. Problem with the Knicks is their fatal flaw going forward is that their so-called SUPERSTAR is not really a SUPERSTAR in the NBA! Yes he can score at will at almost anytime, but that doesn't make you a superstar. Carrying your team on your back to victories when need be and being a leader of men. That is what makes you a SUPERSTAR! Melo lacks in all areas. He did in Denver and has in NY and it won't change anytime soon. Melo is a "second banana" in the NBA, he ain't a lead dog!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom