Rak is playing himself into the nba | Syracusefan.com

Rak is playing himself into the nba

Love it. He's obviously worked really hard and I'm happy to see his success. We'll need more of this during ACC play; we're a legitimately good team when he plays like this

AO yes, rick no. Rick couldn't finish with both hands like rak.

Jackson, by his senior year, was still money every time he caught it in the post. Also, remember that he drew double teams on every post touch his senior year.

I don't think anyone ever said he'd never get a shot. Even with a year more like what people expected he was still likely getting a 2nd round pick, and at the least a camp look. I think he's solidifying a pick in the 30's or low 40's. Don't think he'll touch the first round though.

Agreed. All you had to do was play Rick to turn over his left shoulder rather than his right, and you had a better than fair chance of shutting him down.
You've got that backwards. Lefty player goes over their right shoulder.

You've got that backwards. Lefty player goes over their right shoulder.
That's what I said. When I say "play him to go over his left shoulder" I meant defend him to force him to go over his left shoulder.

He's a monster right now...as long as he can control the fouls; I could see him getting 2 early fouls vs. Harrell or Okafor and killing our chances in those games.

That's what I said. When I say "play him to go over his left shoulder" I meant defend him to force him to go over his left shoulder.
Well why didn't you say that, Jek?

I said after the cal game if rak is our go to player we're in big trouble. I couldn't have been more wrong. Dude is a beast.

He's so much fun to watch. When he's in his groove, he's just automatic. Plus he finishes through contact, which I love for the slightly demoralizing affect it must have on the defender. Like, ok, foul me, I'll still get my 2 points.

and in the last few games he's showing greater patience when he gets the ball in the post, as well as ability/willingness to kick it back out.
and now he's adding the 15ft jumper... wow

Man, if Rak "got it" last year, that team really could have gone far. Lack of a low-post presence has been evident since Rick and AO played.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom