Random as hell, but for the gamblers out there | Syracusefan.com

Random as hell, but for the gamblers out there

Cuse4

Scout Team
This is random and a few weeks early, but I think that one of the locks of the college bball season will be Iona vs. Purdue in Puerto Rico, Nov 17 ... My guess would be Iona will be getting 7 points, and I see them winning the game outright

This is random and a few weeks early, but I think that one of the locks of the college bball season will be Iona vs. Purdue in Puerto Rico, Nov 17 ... My guess would be Iona will be getting 7 points, and I see them winning the game outright
Iona beat Rutgers in a scrimmage last weekend. Supposedly at one point they were up by 26 points. They just found out not too long ago that Arizona transfer Momo Jones will be eligible this season instead of having to sit out a year. I'm surprised the NCAA has decided to be judge and jury on transfer eligibles. It seems like it's not really a black and white issue but they are making it one.

I'm interested to see how Purdue does without Johnson and Moore. Seems like they are going to be counting heavily on Hummel, which is a risky proposition. I don't think their recruiting has been all that good, and their window of opportunity slammed shut when Hummel blew out his knee last November. Wouldn't be a shock to see them take a huge step back this year, and a straight up loss to Iona wouldn't be all that suprising

I wouldn't be comfortable putting money on ANY of those early tourney games.

early tourney games are where all the money is made my friend ... linesmakers are yet to see the teams enough to get a real good grasp on what the spread should be!

early tourney games are where all the money is made my friend ... linesmakers are yet to see the teams enough to get a real good grasp on what the spread should be!

I hear ya about the oddsmakers not knowing but I don't either. I just don't have a grasp on most of these teams early on. I wonder what the lines were on those UConn games in Maui last season.

People may be forgetting how good Robbie Hummel actually is. Though he missed two seasons, he had something like 26 and 15 in the first exhibition.

People may be forgetting how good Robbie Hummel actually is. Though he missed two seasons, he had something like 26 and 15 in the first exhibition.

Hummel will not being doing 26 and 15 this season. Bank on it. He had two serious injuries. Even if he's physically over come it, how is he mentally?

he can get his 26 and 15 ... Glover will get 30 and 20!

Hummel will not being doing 26 and 15 this season. Bank on it. He had two serious injuries. Even if he's physically over come it, how is he mentally?
He certainly seemed fine. He is a smart basketball player. May not be the most gifted athlete, but he had done everything he needed to for Purdue before the injuries. I definitely don't think he'll be a 25 and 16 guy, no way, but I think alot of people are seeing him as damaged goods, when he was a really good player, a 16 and 7 guy before the injury. I think he'll be where he was.

Well, lookie here. Hummel's got 24 with 4 threes today. Averaging over 20ppg thus far. He's looked as good as he ever has thus far.

Well, lookie here. Hummel's got 24 with 4 threes today. Averaging over 20ppg thus far. He's looked as good as he ever has thus far.
and Glover just couldn't get his thang going today... what was the final point spread btw. Momo looked real good today tho

If he goes 26 and 15 this season per my prior post I will eat crow.

Excellent call on this, BTW. Spread was only three and they still covered. You and 690 should go head to head with "picks of the week" all season so we can determine our best gambling prognosticator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom