Random thought... | Syracusefan.com

Random thought...

Cusefan95

All Conference
When the Fine saga was getting kicked off, there were all kinds of calls for Boeheim to be fired. Now there are a few people (including some Newhouse schmuck) saying that Boeheim should be fired.

I've had to fire people, and it always sucks. I'm sure even moreso for the person that is going to have to go home to his/her wife/husband/kids/friends and let them know that free time just increased and disposable income decreased radically.

I personally have a problem with people that immediately come out calling for people to be fired every time a story comes out. It's one of the reasons why I have come to hate the media...it's one thing to want justice to be served, it's another thing to be rooting for people to go through the profound sense of loss that comes from being terminated. I also believe that many in the media take joy in feeling they had a key role in the circumstances leading to the firing. The journalists publicly calling for JB to be fired, both now and months ago, are nothing but soulless, heartless demons that have been inflicted upon society.

All they're doing is trying to pimp their blog/name whatever for self-promotion. I don't think any of them honestly believe that JB should be or ever will be fired. Shouting that from the rooftop will however get you noticed. This gets traffic from supporters and people who now hate you, but nonetheless visit your articles.

In media traffic/attention = $$$

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom