"Randy Edsall decries state of UConn football"... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

"Randy Edsall decries state of UConn football"...

He will never get over Pasqualoni getting the SU job over him in 1991. This is him taking shots back.

Kinda funny in a laugh at him kind of way.

He's just the worst.

The fact that UConn took this traitor back tells you all you need to know about the state of UConn football.

The balls on that guy.

Here’s a spoiler, the next coach will be decrying the state of the program too. Because Edsall sucks, as his disastrous stint in Maryland showed. Skip Holtz got the program on solid footing, Edsall took advantage of being in the worst “power conference” in history, and parlayed that into a big sham of a payday that unraveled when faced with real competition.

UConn should disband the football program and join the Big East. It’s best for everyone.

UConn basketball in the AAC is better for us. But otherwise it’s fun to watch the, cling to scraps.

The prodigal son returns. And I suppose when they hired him it seemed like a good fit. Now everyone in the Athletic Dept is throwing a fit - in Fball & Bball.
Glad SU (at this point) is relatively drama free.

Haven’t followed much but is Uconn truly that bad this year? How much would we be favored by?

He left and now he’s mad at what they did after he left. LoL. That’s rich
I bet when he was on that plane to Maryland, he never in a million years thought he'd have to return to UCONN. If he'd have stayed, one could reasonably argue that UCONN gets in over Louisville in the ACC and both would be in a much better place.

His decision to leave might've changed the legacy of both the school and his own career.

I bet when he was on that plane to Maryland, he never in a million years thought he'd have to return to UCONN. If he'd have stayed, one could reasonably argue that UCONN gets in over Louisville in the ACC and both would be in a much better place.

His decision to leave might've changed the legacy of both the school and his own career.
No way they get in over the Ville. The Ville A.D. just outworked everyone else.

No way they get in over the Ville. The Ville A.D. just outworked everyone else.
UConn wasn’t getting in because Florida State and Clemson used their political capital and flirted with the Big XII.
Duke/North Carolina wanted UConn but Florida State/Clemson didn’t want another Northeast basketball school and so they got their way. Florida State had history with Louisville in the metro and wanted a football school.
It didn’t help that the Blumenthal lawsuit is never forgotten.

He will never get over Pasqualoni getting the SU job over him in 1991. This is him taking shots back.

Kinda funny in a laugh at him kind of way.

He's just the worst.
I'm so glad he's not our coach. I can't believe how much people here went to bat for someone that everyone else knows is a pirck edit you're not allowed to talk about pin pircks on the board, i didn't know that

Last edited:
He has to be angling to step down. They have made some atrocious football hires.

Is he wrong? He brought UConn from nothing and after his departure, no one was able to man up and mantain what he built. He didn't leave in the best way, so he doesn't have my sympathy there. Dino and Tim Lester have even said that SU didn't have ACC talent. Are they wrong for sharing that?

UConn wasn’t getting in because Florida State and Clemson used their political capital and flirted with the Big XII.
Duke/North Carolina wanted UConn but Florida State/Clemson didn’t want another Northeast basketball school and so they got their way. Florida State had history with Louisville in the metro and wanted a football school.
It didn’t help that the Blumenthal lawsuit is never forgotten.
Daryl also made a big pitch for the ‘ville to the other ADs.

he must really want the money because I would want to hang it up rather than go back with my tail between my legs