"Randy Edsall decries state of UConn football"... | Syracusefan.com

"Randy Edsall decries state of UConn football"...

Says the school screwed up after he left following the 2010 season.

Randy Edsall Decries State of UConn Program: It's A Shame What Happened Between 2011 and 2017

I can't say that he's wrong, but I just have trouble hearing his name and not thinking that Randy, as an English term for horny, and Edsall as a homonym of an epic failure of an automobile suggests he could be known as Horny Failure. And in that case, why wouldn't he be drawn back to UConn?
Uconn: Giving horny failures a second chance...catchy!

(I think renewed optimism in SU Football is going to my head!)

Dear Randy,
You got 12 million from Maryland in 2011. Then got an additional 1.5 million when you signed an extension in 2015.
Either donate a significant portion of that to UConn over what you would have been paid or shut up.

An all-time classic (can't remember who made this though):

so i sez to her.jpg

Basically says his players have no talent. Wonder what these kids are thinking reading this article.

To paraphrase:

"My players suck. No talent. Not my fault. I wouldn't recruit any of these guys. I was better than the other coaches after me."

Could be a very long season in Storrs.

"We've had back to back 4-8 seasons because Shafer sucked. He really sucked. I didn't know how much he sucked until I got here. I mean, he was freaking Suck-tacular."

"If I had been here," raises hands over head, " we would have been here, but now we're here.". Falls down on floor.

-Dino Babers.

(Channeling his hypothetical Randy Edsall)

Basically says his players have no talent. Wonder what these kids are thinking reading this article.

To paraphrase:

"My players suck. No talent. Not my fault. I wouldn't recruit any of these guys. I was better than the other coaches after me."

The neanderthals currently coaching at Maryland probably feel the same about what he left them.

To paraphrase:

His players have no talent, the previous UConn coaches sucked, and the UConn admin screwed up.

While that might all be true, he should admit that he’s not good enough either rather than trying to set up all the blame to go elsewhere.

Work with what you got and make it better, or be quiet.

The neanderthals currently coaching at Maryland probably feel the same about what he left them.

i was about to post something very similar. kind of ironic for a guy who got canned from his last job to be throwing shade at prior coaching staffs at his new job. i guess takes one to know one applies here.

The balls on that guy.

Here’s a spoiler, the next coach will be decrying the state of the program too. Because Edsall sucks, as his disastrous stint in Maryland showed. Skip Holtz got the program on solid footing, Edsall took advantage of being in the worst “power conference” in history, and parlayed that into a big sham of a payday that unraveled when faced with real competition.

UConn should disband the football program and join the Big East. It’s best for everyone.