Rate the Early Signing Class... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Rate the Early Signing Class...

I would give the class a B-, no Sampson and no RB's...whats your grade?

B overall. Think we all fell in love with the 4* center that is probably 6'2" in reality and had the most unathletic body type i have seen on a 4+ star. Love the qb, receivers, and the size at OT. 8th total in the ACC is respectable. 45 overall. When is the last time we were ahead of pitt, GT, and UVA ?

Last edited:
Same here, thought he was the softest looking 4* i have seen in a while and might be 6'2" in reality.

Cmon man..he went head to head with 5*'s consistently and dominated most of them. He's not coming here for whatever reason but that doesn't take away the fact that he was a stud.

After very careful consideration...

A very very solid B --> B+

Some thoughts:

* I'm not too worried about RB. I would love a stud but I won't be surprised if we don't see a stud RB recruit sign with us in the near future. I think we can get more than enough output from a pretty decent RB when the rest of the offense is humming or we'll have a recruit end up being a stud that was unexpected.

* It's so refreshing to not have the SS fanboys trying to force the idea our recruiting classes are much better than their ranking. The ranking we've gotten from multiple sources prove it this year that we have a good class. There's not too much to argue about, this year, this class is pretty good.

* Most years in the past we've said, "this class is different because we are recruiting players with multiple offers" or "getting commits from guys with multiple P5 offers and commits we've had to hold on to right until signing day". That was true but those classes were also filled with fliers, filled with athletic players who lacked the height/weight of our peer schools. This class seems to be almost completely filled with the players in the past, who were our top commits making up just a % of the overall class.

* I love how widespread the recruiting is, players from all over. Any time a new coach and staff come in the worry with recruiting is, what kind of relationships do they have to compete against our peer schools since they weren't really doing that before. I have a lot of confidence that we can pull in consistently good classes.

B+, this like the mid-term exam. The final exam is in February. If we muff it, then this grade will fall accordingly. Nail it and the final grade can turn into an A. I'm grading this on a curve relative to how we've performed in the past.

Strictly mathmatically. 130 teams, 26 pts per letter grade.
I will use 24 and seven's non-composite, as they are the only site that has publicly offered each recruits analysis(proof of analysis/backing). Their analysis rank is #34.

B+ (or an 88.6/100 on a 10 point per grade scale)

An A when compared to many years, for 'Cuse. However. I don't think there is a need to bargain, with Babers recruiting... I expect this to continue. B+

Last edited:
I will chime in on this. Sucks we lost Sampson but I didn’t feel he was gonna start his freshmen year like a lot of u guys and gals did. U have to be a show stopper to start on online as a fresh. Haven’t had the happen in a while. Rest of class I love especially the kid lineman from Detroit. Great finisher which is what we need. My big thing is Coach talks about depth all the time so I am hoping he redshirts every single kid that is and or will sign with us. We need this badly if we want to be good. I can’t overstate this enough. I am looking for some stud dtackles though. I’m not a fan of this Tampa 2 crap and we didn’t play it a ton but I would like big space eating d tackles and a 1-tech that is immovable, untrapable, and impossible to double team. Haven’t had that since Arthur Jones I believe. Makes any defense look better and it’s a bonus if he can sniff out screens too. My grade is a solid B depending on who else we sign might be an A -. Let’s go.

Very very disappointed about the Sampson situation. It's not so much for loss of his future contributions on the field, which IMO time will prove to be substantial, but more for perceptions of the program. Landing a blue chip recruit of his caliber, especially in light of bringing in Devito last year, would have been another step toward changing the narrative around this program. That said, it's all about developing players at this point and I think this class has upside across the board. I'm really excited about a number of these guys and think we landed a bunch of outright ballers in this class.

B overall. Think we all fell in love with the 4* center that is probably 6'2" in reality and had the most unathletic body type i have seen on a 4+ star. Love the qb, receivers, and the size at OT. 8th total in the ACC is respectable. 45 overall. When is the last time we were ahead of pitt, GT, and UVA ?
How tall was Nick Romeo

Ping me in 2020. ;)
Yeah. I get why people get excited about new recruits, and the possibilities they may bring, but can you really grade a class based on what a bunch of scouts think based on some arbitrary grading system? Total crapshoot. I'll grade this classes performance in 2020. I'll grade the class on "paper" right now with a B.

Very very disappointed about the Sampson situation. It's not so much for loss of his future contributions on the field, which IMO time will prove to be substantial, but more for perceptions of the program. Landing a blue chip recruit of his caliber, especially in light of bringing in Devito last year, would have been another step toward changing the narrative around this program. That said, it's all about developing players at this point and I think this class has upside across the board. I'm really excited about a number of these guys and think we landed a bunch of outright ballers in this class.
In my opinion, White’s just as if not more important. Also, in our system, hendrix and queeley may be more significant recruits.

Not to mention Trill was our highest rated player anyways

Centers don't need to be huge like OT's.

Jeff Saturday 6'2 295. 6 time probowler and 2 time 1st team all pro.

Rodney Hudson 6'2" 291. 2 time probowler.

David Andrews 6'2" 286. Starting C for Pats

Brett Jones 6'2" 315. Starting C for Giants

AQ Shipley 6'1" 315. Starting C for Arizona

There are a bunch others that are 6'3" and most starters ware less than 310 lbs. The guy is a high school kid. He'll add muscle and lean up in any decent college S&C program. I'm disappointed we lost him. He would've helped us in the near future, if not immediately. It's still a great class for us, and I look forward to what Dino can do when the wins start coming.

There are a bunch others that are 6'3" and most starters ware less than 310 lbs. The guy is a high school kid. He'll add muscle and lean up in any decent college S&C program. I'm disappointed we lost him. He would've helped us in the near future, if not immediately. It's still a great class for us, and I look forward to what Dino can do when the wins start coming.
Great research! Just Ish being Ish.
Remember Macky ;-) On this board he was once described as a human tackling dummy but, in spite of his vertical impairment, went on to have a great college career.

Yeah. I get why people get excited about new recruits, and the possibilities they may bring, but can you really grade a class based on what a bunch of scouts think based on some arbitrary grading system? Total crapshoot. I'll grade this classes performance in 2020. I'll grade the class on "paper" right now with a B.

Has the general consensus on here ever been “this class sucks”? Even when everyone else said a class sucked, we’d have many here touting our diamonds in the rough and coaching em up and speed and whatever else.

Hard to know. I’ll take it as an encouraging sign that the impartial rankings aren’t telling us that the class sucks. Mid-level ACC class is very solid for us right now.

Has the general consensus on here ever been “this class sucks”? Even when everyone else said a class sucked, we’d have many here touting our diamonds in the rough and coaching em up and speed and whatever else.

Hard to know. I’ll take it as an encouraging sign that the impartial rankings aren’t telling us that the class sucks. Mid-level ACC class is very solid for us right now.
I will say this. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that if you add up all the P5 offers per player, it's twice what we normally have. I need to go snow blow now...again...if anybody wants to look it up and do the math to find out...have at it. If not, I'll work on it later and post my findings.

I get it and yes, i still think its a great class too:) i also get the OL developmental thing and that ideally for inside rin blocking and qb pocket vision, most centers and guards are 6'3", 6'4" with more leverage and height on the outside with the tackles. OL recruits, even studs are usually 2 year projects anyways.

I get it and yes, i still think its a great class too:) i also get the OL developmental thing and that ideally for inside rin blocking and qb pocket vision, most centers and guards are 6'3", 6'4" with more leverage and height on the outside with the tackles. OL recruits, even studs are usually 2 year projects anyways.
I agree it just sucks losing Sampson. I think he would have been a stud.

I would give the class a B-, no Sampson and no RB's...whats your grade?

I give it a B. Lots of solid players, nice QB pickup on the kid who flipped from Houston.
But to lose your January enrollee All American center, and both your running backs hurts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom