Ray Allen to the Heat | Syracusefan.com

Ray Allen to the Heat

Except for that unfortunate incident in 1996 when he scored 27 points against up, Allen is a pretty likeable guy. It will be interesting to see if the perception changes now that he's part of the evil empire.

I was at that game in 96, Ray just went from the only guy I liked on Boston to the being the scariest player on the most hated team in my world!

who would you rather play with...aging vets or three guys in their primes? Can't blame Ray

A-1 Chump. You don't go to the enemy. He isn't chasing the money. He's chasing the ring and basically telling his boys they aren't good enough. I hope he doesn't win another.

who would you rather play with...aging vets or three guys in their primes? Can't blame Ray

Also shows us that Mr. Shuttlesworth isn't concerned about being part of the 60% of NBA players that are broke w/in 5 years of retirement.

Ray Allen can leave Boston for any team he wants...but you dont go to your rival! Theres 2 teams Allen couldnt go to and that NY and Miami. He will get booed like crazy in Boston and deservedly so. Agreed A-1 chump.

Not a good night for Knicks and Bulls fans. Is Rashard Lewis going to take the mini MLE and go to Miami as well?

KG's reaction after seeing his twitter feed:

kgface.gif

Adrian Wojnarowski tweeted that "Allen doesn't think he'll get booed that bad" in Boston... Is he crazy? He could have been loved like one of the all time greats and now he's an all time chump.

Some Knicks fans im with trying to find bright side by saying now we can get Camby. What good does that do? All Miami is going to do is put LBJ at the 4 and surround him with shooters and Bosh/Wade. Knicks will only be able to play Amare or Tyson at one time with Melo having to play the 4. Id rather the Knicks make every effort they can to sign OJ Mayo and have him back up Melo going small and run a 3 guard lineup against Miami with Melo at the 4.

Agree LICuse...Knicks need Mayo. Camby doesn't offer much at his age.

The Eastern Conference still can hope for Wade/Allen injuries. These guys have old knees...no guarantee they can hold up for 100 games.

Agree LICuse...Knicks need Mayo.

There are 3 players in the NBA who are cancers to a team winning. Mayo, Beasley and JR Smith. You want 2 of them on the Knicks?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

JR Smith has heart, if he is a cancer than so is Melo since theyve played together almost their entire careers. OJ Mayo is way too young to have that label imo. My dream scenario for the Knicks would be to re-sign Lin, re-sign JR, somehow get Mayo and then sign Jared Jeffries and Shawne Williams.

Maybe you end up being right about JR and Mayo but the Knicks need athletic talent to compete with the Miami Dream Team.

Woj also said that part of Ray's decision to leave was because of a deteriorating relationship with Rondo. Didn't realize they weren't buds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A-1 Chump. You don't go to the enemy. He isn't chasing the money. He's chasing the ring and basically telling his boys they aren't good enough. I hope he doesn't win another.
As a Celtics fan, I don't begrudge Allen one bit. Besides the fact that the Celtics spent a good part of last year trying to trade him, he has the right to go where he will be happiest. Boston wouldn't have one a championship without him. I wish him good luck and will cheer when he comes back to Boston.

Allen is crazy if he doesn't think he's going to get booed by Boston. I had heard that Allen and Rondo thing recently; I guess that was part of it also. It seemed in the early days of the big 3 there may have been some friction with the vets and Rondo but I hadn't read much about that recently.

But he can go wherever he wants. He's a FA. Who is any of us to tell him what teams it's ok to play for? (Also, I wonder how many times players need to go to rivals of other teams before we realize that for the most part, the players don't really care about that stuff. Also, Miami and Boston have been rivals for what, 2 years? i know they played in the playoffs in 2010 but I don't think anyone thought of them as rivals).

I don't think Jr is that much of a cancer to winning; he definitely isn't a very smart player but his teams (LOL, like they were his teams) in Denver usually won 5o games per year before losing in round 1. He is what he is; he should be playing the Microwave role and not as a starter.

My dream scenario for the Knicks would be to re-sign Lin, re-sign JR, somehow get Mayo and then sign Jared Jeffries and Shawne Williams.

I have read they are figuring out if they want to sign and trade for Kidd or not; if they didn't they'd still have a chance at signing and trading for Mayo. Was also reading Camby may be dealt to Miami in a sign and trade; dude had the best rebound % in the NBA last year.

As a Celtics fan, I don't begrudge Allen one bit. Besides the fact that the Celtics spent a good part of last year trying to trade him, he has the right to go where he will be happiest. Boston wouldn't have one a championship without him. I wish him good luck and will cheer when he comes back to Boston.

Allen's always impressed me as a class act. I'm sure he'll be able to handle whatever boos come his way.
http://tinyurl.com/d7uxwjp

This explains why he played so poorly against Miami.

Kidding

I just saw what miami did to okc with lebron at the 4 and im imagining they will do alot of that especially with ray allen. What good is it to have Camby if only one of Amare/Tyson can play at a time? When Lebron is at the 4 and Bosh the 5, who does Amare guard if Chandler is on Bosh?

Brian Windhorst is saying only way to beat the Heat is with size. I guess if Knicks get Camby they will just control the boards and force Miami to deal with mismatches just like Knicks will have to deal with the small lineup. Im just worried about who who Amare and Tyson guard when Miami plays Bosh at the 5 with LBJ at the 4 and Wade/Allen/Battier or Chalmers.

Ray Allen can leave Boston for any team he wants...but you dont go to your rival! Theres 2 teams Allen couldnt go to and that NY and Miami. He will get booed like crazy in Boston and deservedly so. Agreed A-1 chump.

Meh, I doubt Ray Allen sees Mia as his "rival"...he played five seasons for Boston and isn't even his longest tenured team.

Funny that people laud athletes for taking less money for a "greater good" ...but Lebron was a "traitor" and now Allen is a "chump."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom