Ray Donovan | Syracusefan.com

Ray Donovan

hard to get too excited when the main char of the trailer is only in 3 episodes..

three episodes in, and I LOVE it

I just saw it was renewed for season 2...and went to see if there was a thread here...I must say, I'm pretty shocked...I think it's terrible. The dialogue is cringe-worthy, imo.

I'm usually on board with the general critics' choices (EXCEPT GIRLS)...but i don't get this at all. I watched the first 3, not a fan. Maybe it gets better?

So is this solid? I recorded the first episode but never watched it based on reviews being pretty mixed. I love the cast but the general critical consensus was that it felt like a USA show trying to masquerade as a premium cable show, so it felt like the writers couldn't decide what they wanted the show to actually be.

So is this solid? I recorded the first episode but never watched it based on reviews being pretty mixed. I love the cast but the general critical consensus was that it felt like a USA show trying to masquerade as a premium cable show, so it felt like the writers couldn't decide what they wanted the show to actually be.

well, to each his own, of course. But I love it, and I didn't expect to (I have always found something about Liev Schreiber off putting).

I have always been fascinated with the dark history of LA - the corruption and sleaze that underpin the glitz and glamour, so this is right up my alley. It seems to be loosely based on the career of Anthony Pellicano, PI to the stars who was responsible (among many other things) for finding, paying off or otherwise silencing all the victims of Michael Jackson's pedophilia. The FBI was on Pellicano's ass for years and finally put him away for illegal possession of explosives, wiretapping and racketeering. Pellicano was associated with the high powered Beverly Hills law firm of Bert Fields, but the Feds have never been able to get Pellicano to crack and give up anyone else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom