Class of 2018 - RB Akeem Dixon (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB Akeem Dixon (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

I’ll go pull up the espn 3 footage where he played and fumbled after the handoff from Culpepper In the fourth quarter.
They both played during the year. Pierre fumbled on his first or second carry, early in the season and vanished for the most part thereafter.
Stritz never fumbled but caused a fumble running into Culpepper.
Two different events but the only RB of the two that had a fumble was Pierre.

They both played during the year. Pierre fumbled on his first or second carry, early in the season and vanished for the most part thereafter.
Stritz never fumbled but caused a fumble running into Culpepper.
Two different events but the only RB of the two that had a fumble was Pierre.
I know, this was established on the last page. I misremembered him causing Culpepper to fumble, which is apparently more noble than actually fumbling.

I know, this was established on the last page. I misremembered him causing Culpepper to fumble, which is apparently more noble than actually fumbling.
Not more noble both are equally bad. Just a technicality that fumble or turnover was not credited to him though he caused it.
Neither player saw significant action at RB.

OK, so he saw 1 play at RB on which Culpepper fumbled the ball in the 4th qtr of a blowout.

Is that enough of a tryout to make a determination that he is not a viable option at RB here as the other poster suggested?

OK, so he saw 1 play at RB on which Culpepper fumbled the ball in the 4th qtr of a blowout.

Is that enough of a tryout to make a determination that he is not a viable option at RB here as the other poster suggested?
No, the fact that he didn't see any sustained action at RB despite a burned redshirt and a bare stable of RBs makes me think that he is likely not the answer at RB. That's not a knock on him. He was a highly regarded athlete that should find a niche somewhere on this team. However, I don't have a lot of faith in him in the near term at RB.

No, the fact that he didn't see any sustained action at RB despite a burned redshirt and a bare stable of RBs makes me think that he is likely not the answer at RB. That's not a knock on him. He was a highly regarded athlete that should find a niche somewhere on this team. However, I don't have a lot of faith in him in the near term at RB.
But what pisses me off is why would we burn his shirt for 2plays. We need every 5th year kid we can get. What was coach thinking especially if he isn't gonna help at rob he could be a corner which is what most p5 schools who recruited him wanted him to play.

But what pisses me off is why would we burn his shirt for 2plays. We need every 5th year kid we can get. What was coach thinking especially if he isn't gonna help at rob he could be a corner which is what most p5 schools who recruited him wanted him to play.

He played on Special Teams all season long. He saw action in 9 games.

He played on Special Teams all season long. He saw action in 9 games.

Stritz played on specials Pierre not so much. Pierre at least should have been red shirted in my opinion.

IMG_3900.JPG

I know but did he have to play specials. If he was the best then ok but its a wasted year in my eyes.

I agree, to burn skill shirts on specials doesnt make sense. All people complain about around here is depth and we have a million LBs for some of those spots on specials and also, well, players who are backups and special teams stars.

Our special teams were improved this year. For a team without much depth, perhaps playing athletes like him are the difference between effective ST and not so special ST.
Could be i guess

Our special teams were improved this year. For a team without much depth, perhaps playing athletes like him are the difference between effective ST and not so special ST.

The teams that really care about specials, play starters, 3 and 4 year players. Nothing to do with our approach.

You burn the shirt because in theory, Dino will recruit over these kids in the next two years anyways. So give them their opportunities now. Let them take their chance. A 5th year is a privilege (or reserved for injury).

You burn the shirt because in theory, Dino will recruit over these kids in the next two years anyways. So give them their opportunities now. Let them take their chance. A 5th year is a privilege (or reserved for injury).
But in my head i thought this kid was an elite corner but wanted y run the ball. Was hoping he would have a chance at corner.

Has anyone done a list of the probable/hopeful Magnificent Seven?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom