Class of 2016 - RB/CB Darius Stubbs (GA) Verbal to GA St. | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB/CB Darius Stubbs (GA) Verbal to GA St.

Really curious as to where that came from. It's not listed on 2 4 7, Riiiivals, or Skowt.

Miami (OH) is not listed among his offers in that thread, though. I'm guessing those two schools got mixed up in that thread.

He doesn't. I just realized that I flipped his and Will Harper's offers.

So there goes that conspiracy theory :confused:

FWIW: Stubbs no longer has "Syracuse Commit" on his Twitter profile.

#2 gone from Georgia?? I hope the third is sticking with us?

Georgia must not be a priority for the staff I guess. The third one hurts if that is the case.

His dad just tweeted out a top 10 list so I assume that means Brinson has opened things back up
Are you sure? I'm on his dad's twitter page and don't see any list.

Well maybe DB leaving Georgia out when talking about recruiting territories was a tell.

I get the feeling his strategy is going to be much more similar to Marrone's than Shafer's. Heavier focus on the Northeast/Mid Atlantic, Florida and Ohio/Near Midwest.

Probably won't be dipping into the deep south all that much anymore. The only reason Marrone's staff did was because Adkins had ties there...if he hadn't, I wonder if Marrone's staff would have even recruited GA.

Well maybe DB leaving Georgia out when talking about recruiting territories was a tell.

I get the feeling his strategy is going to be much more similar to Marrone's than Shafer's. Heavier focus on the Northeast/Mid Atlantic, Florida and Ohio/Near Midwest.

Probably won't be dipping into the deep south all that much anymore. The only reason Marrone's staff did was because Adkins had ties there...if he hadn't, I wonder if Marrone's staff would have even recruited GA.

That may well be true. Only time will tell on this matter. However, the fact is, when you are this late in the cycle, and you are this close to the dead period, you have to work to protect yourself from losing the kids you have committed, assuming you want them, first, even if they aren't in an area you normally intend to recruit.

I cannot imagine that DB hasn't had his staff watching tape on all the commits. I have to think they either think the kids don't fit their scheme, or they think they have a very good chance to get another kid who they rate higher, or both.

Sounds like it is coincidentally the case for all three of the GA kids. And to be honest, like a few others have mentioned, I am not getting that warm, fuzzy feeling about Scott's recruitment either. I really hope i am mistaken, but I would be lying if I didn't say every time I log onto the recruiting forum and see a new post in the Scott thread, I'm afraid to open it.

That may well be true. Only time will tell on this matter. However, the fact is, when you are this late in the cycle, and you are this close to the dead period, you have to work to protect yourself from losing the kids you have committed, assuming you want them, first, even if they aren't in an area you normally intend to recruit.

I cannot imagine that DB hasn't had his staff watching tape on all the commits. I have to think they either think the kids don't fit their scheme, or they think they have a very good chance to get another kid who they rate higher, or both.

Sounds like it is coincidentally the case for all three of the GA kids. And to be honest, like a few others have mentioned, I am not getting that warm, fuzzy feeling about Scott's recruitment either. I really hope i am mistaken, but I would be lying if I didn't say every time I log onto the recruiting forum and see a new post in the Scott thread, I'm afraid to open it.

It will be interesting for me to see if any of the Northern kids are cut loose, i.e. Brouse or Riggins. If not, and it's only kids from the south outside Florida, it's a pretty ironic coincidence. But you're right, it may just be a coincidence.

While I don't disagree with your analysis, I believe its foolish not to continue to recruit Georgia. Georgia produces the 4th most DI football players in the country and is in our ACC footprint. Abandoning that state and the deep south is certainly interesting if that is the long-term strategy.

While I don't disagree with your analysis, I believe its foolish not to continue to recruit Georgia. Georgia produces the 4th most DI football players in the country and is in our ACC footprint. Abandoning that state and the deep south is certainly interesting if that is the long-term strategy.

Shafer's staff took an interesting approach down there - the deep south was basically an extension of their Florida strategy. To go after the second tier recruits (not offered by the SEC Schools) down there early and lock them up, and monitor kids that committed to Sun Belt programs early that subsequently had really strong senior seasons.

Even if you’re going to stop recruiting Georgia (which is dumb in it’s own right) to cut ties with a defensive back like Brinson is just downright silly. We badly need DB’s, I don’t care if they’re from Argentina, you keep them in this class.

Recruiting Georgia should be a priority. There's too many kids there not to and a lot of Northern transplants as well as the Atlanta hub.

Even if you’re going to stop recruiting Georgia (which is dumb in it’s own right) to cut ties with a defensive back like Brinson is just downright silly. We badly need DB’s, I don’t care if they’re from Argentina, you keep them in this class.

Recruiting Georgia should be a priority. There's too many kids there not to and a lot of Northern transplants as well as the Atlanta hub.

I agree the other 2 kids don't hurt as much but watching Brinson's tape and he is in a big position of need. It is really silly to not reach out an secure that commitment

Staffs recruit areas where they have existing relationships. You are going to see a lot more Midwest recruiting from this staff.

Staffs recruit areas where they have existing relationships. You are going to see a lot more Midwest recruiting from this staff.

Why not create a relationship with your current commits? You can make a call to Brinson and develop a relationship with that school. Recruiting is about getting the best kids to come to Syracuse no matter where they are from. They have an in because the previous staff gave it to you. Make a call and start the relationship. Doesn't hurt to have connections in Georgia which produces a lot of D1 talent. Seems short sided to not make the phone call.

Why not create a relationship with your current commits? You can make a call to Brinson and develop a relationship with that school. Recruiting is about getting the best kids to come to Syracuse no matter where they are from. They have an in because the previous staff gave it to you. Make a call and start the relationship. Doesn't hurt to have connections in Georgia which produces a lot of D1 talent. Seems short sided to not make the phone call.
Maybe he isn't what they want or doesn't meet their requirements.

When it comes to Stubbs, he absolutely is someone who, unfortunately, I can't imagine fits into what the new staff wants. Again: he was recruited specifically for a position that no longer exists. This decommit, if that is actually what it winds up being (remember, it's not official, just speculation) was the easiest to predict.

Then why not call him and his family and tell him that? Why burn a bridge?
How do you know they haven't? I'm under the impression hat Stubbs has heard from the coaches, from what I understand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom