Class of 2016 - RB/CB Darius Stubbs (GA) Verbal to GA St. | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB/CB Darius Stubbs (GA) Verbal to GA St.

How do you know they haven't? I'm under the impression hat Stubbs has heard from the coaches, from what I understand.

Oh I am talking about the other guy and the other family. The threads got mixed up. There is only one of the GA kids that really hurts and it is at a major position of need IMO.

Oh I am talking about the other guy and the other family. The threads got mixed up. There is only one of the GA kids that really hurts and it is at a major position of need IMO.
That's ok. Happens to me all the time.

How do you know they haven't? I'm under the impression hat Stubbs has heard from the coaches, from what I understand.

And you know, that would be great. Meaning, I certainly hope that the staff let them know that he wasn't what they were looking for. It happens. It is late to find it out, but better to know where you stand, and be able to make an informed decision.

Personally, and I think this is where a number of us stand, the larger issue to me is the lack of info given to Brinson, and to be honest, I wonder if Scott is really in the same boat. Contact the kids. If they feel they need to save face by announcing a decision to open their commitment, that is fine. But you shouldn't ever be hearing them say they haven't heard from the staff. That is the issue I have.

Just because it is common practice, doesn't mean it is right.

I recruit. Not for sports, but for my company. I don't necessarily respond to everyone who expresses interest, but if I tell them I want them, and things change. I let them know immediately. IMO, that's just being respectful.

And you know, that would be great. Meaning, I certainly hope that the staff let them know that he wasn't what they were looking for. It happens. It is late to find it out, but better to know where you stand, and be able to make an informed decision.

Personally, and I think this is where a number of us stand, the larger issue to me is the lack of info given to Brinson, and to be honest, I wonder if Scott is really in the same boat. Contact the kids. If they feel they need to save face by announcing a decision to open their commitment, that is fine. But you shouldn't ever be hearing them say they haven't heard from the staff. That is the issue I have.

Just because it is common practice, doesn't mean it is right.

I recruit. Not for sports, but for my company. I don't necessarily respond to everyone who expresses interest, but if I tell them I want them, and things change. I let them know immediately. IMO, that's just being respectful.
The problem is the staff is probably waiting to see if they can fill the spot with a kid they think fits their system better but are keeping the committed kid hanging in case they don't get who they are going after. Again it's not right but is my best guess of what is going on.

Staffs recruit areas where they have existing relationships. You are going to see a lot more Midwest recruiting from this staff.

and so what they should do is go into Brinson's high school and start a new relationship. It's not a cold call.

We all know the coaches are going to recruit where they have relationships. Thats why some of us were praying for no west coast coaches. But in this case it's completely different because you already have Brinson in the fold.

And personally, I'd rather Babers and McCloud and Sowder go to Texas than recruit the midwest.

SU should be going after Joshua Mack out of Pittsford Sutherland. No 1 rank RB in NY past 2 years. Kids a real beast! Big, strong, fast and elusive. Perfect fit for Babers offensive system. Maybe headed to UTEP if SU does not upgrade offer!

The problem is the staff is probably waiting to see if they can fill the spot with a kid they think fits their system better but are keeping the committed kid hanging in case they don't get who they are going after. Again it's not right but is my best guess of what is going on.
Why is that not right? Kids do that to us all the time don't they?

Why is that not right? Kids do that to us all the time don't they?

Why not lead by example? I get what you're saying because it's a cut throat business but I'd like to see some honesty. Again, not that the staff didn't contact these kids and tell them their plans, I don't know if they did or not.

Just because everybody does it doesn't making it right. It's business. I get it. But I still don't have to like that part of recruiting or think it's the right way.

I stepped away and didn't see your post, I like the way you think CL.

Antiprodigy said:

What do you do when you have a list of three or four candidates that you like for one position? I assume you make an offer to your number one choice and wait for him/her to accept or decline before you offer number two, and so on down the line until you have filled the position. Isn't this sort of the same situation?

What do you do when you have a list of three or four candidates that you like for one position? I assume you make an offer to your number one choice and wait for him/her to accept or decline before you offer number two, and so on down the line until you have filled the position. Isn't this sort of the same situation?
No. This is different as these kids had already been offered and accepted the offer.

No, they haven't accepted until they sign on LOI day.
That is not what you said in your original post..."offer to your number one choice and wait for him/her to accept or decline before you offer number two".

These kids accepted the offer when they gave a verbal commitment.

No. This is different as these kids had already been offered and accepted the offer.
...By people who are no longer here. You're attempting to hold us up to a standard that does not exist.

Trust me. No one really wants to know how the sausage is made.
we-re-making-sausages-o.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom