Class of 2016 - RB/CB Joshua Mack (NY) Verbal to Maine/Transferred to Liberty | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB/CB Joshua Mack (NY) Verbal to Maine/Transferred to Liberty

Interesting and not surprising on either end. I would say BC has their RB for the next two years. I really hope we bring Josh in, we need someone who can step right in and play and FCS or not I think Josh can do that
There have been many great players to come out of the FCS. Carson Wentz, Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Steve McNair, Joe Flacco, Tony Romo, London Fletcher, Rich Gannon, Marques Colston, Jared Allen,...

Got an offer from University of Minnesota and Old Dominion. Still waiting to here from SU. Its sad to say but UMaine coaches are attempting to sabotage his opportunity to transfer by spreading untruths simply because he requested a PTC. I just hope they did not get to SU coaches. Unbelievable!
Old Dominion football has spent a lot of time recruiting athletes from Rochester/Section V the last 5 years.

Got an offer from University of Minnesota and Old Dominion. Still waiting to here from SU. Its sad to say but UMaine coaches are attempting to sabotage his opportunity to transfer by spreading untruths simply because he requested a PTC. I just hope they did not get to SU coaches. Unbelievable!
Any chance Liam Coen would clear that up, now that he took the OC job at Holy Cross? Rule violation? Please tell.

For a team that needs rb's, or at least competition at running back, why would Syracuse not be interested in guy who lead all of FCS in rushing, averaging 5.5 ypc.?

For a team that needs rb's, or at least competition at running back, why would Syracuse not be interested in guy who lead all of FCS in rushing, averaging 5.5 ypc.?
I was told that by one of my colleagues that Babers is concerned about his record, going into his 3rd season, and is looking for players who could play right away next year. But these new guys are unproven at the college level and are no guarantee to be impact players as true freshmen...even if Mack sits a year, he will be a force to be reckoned with the following 2 seasons at 21 and 22 years of age. It makes good sense to me, but maybe I'm biased...

Any chance Liam Coen would clear that up, now that he took the OC job at Holy Cross? Rule violation? Please tell.
Jack Cosgrove left the UMaine football program yesterday
Old Dominion football has spent a lot of time recruiting athletes from Rochester/Section V the last 5 years.
The rule violation I was referring to is the HC cancelled his scholarship away in December, after he requested a PTC. There was "no reason" specified for the cancellation. It is in the appeal process. NCAA has stated that the Compliance Officer at the new school can request a waiver to allow him to play next season, after the school completes the appeal process. That should be concluded in the next couple of weeks.

Jack Cosgrove left the UMaine football program yesterday

The rule violation I was referring to is the HC cancelled his scholarship away in December, after he requested a PTC. There was "no reason" specified for the cancellation. It is in the appeal process. NCAA has stated that the Compliance Officer at the new school can request a waiver to allow him to play next season, after the school completes the appeal process. That should be concluded in the next couple of weeks.
You can't quit, you're fired! That's weak. Hopefully, their poor taste works out in his favor. You could argue that he no longer has a choice. Sounds like he'll easily find a home. Hope it works out, exactly as he hopes.

I was told that by one of my colleagues that Babers is concerned about his record, going into his 3rd season, and is looking for players who could play right away next year. But these new guys are unproven at the college level and are no guarantee to be impact players as true freshmen...even if Mack sits a year, he will be a force to be reckoned with the following 2 seasons at 21 and 22 years of age. It makes good sense to me, but maybe I'm biased...
You are biased, but I'm not and it still makes sense to me.

You have a good point about what we'd get next year and the year after but I can also see the other side of things. This might be a numbers game to, if there's only 3 or 4 openings there just might not be enough room. It might be more pressing to look at other positions for immediate PT.

There have been many great players to come out of the FCS. Carson Wentz, Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Steve McNair, Joe Flacco, Tony Romo, London Fletcher, Rich Gannon, Marques Colston, Jared Allen,...

Didn’t moss go to marshall after being committed to notre dame and fsu?

I have a feeling his father has this game circled over and over on his calendar.
Glad he did and hope Mr. Mack realizes that Josh is not playing against the likes of UNH, Maine and other CAA defenses.

Didn't realize Josh had transferred to Liberty. I guess we will see what he's made of in a few weeks.
His performance vs us will not tell me how he would have done at Cuse. Its a team game. Marquis Young was another local back that Cuse didnt recruit. He ran through Notre Dame's defense but that doesnt mean he would have did the same thing playing for Cuse.

His performance vs us will not tell me how he would have done at Cuse. Its a team game. Marquis Young was another local back that Cuse didnt recruit. He ran through Notre Dame's defense but that doesnt mean he would have did the same thing playing for Cuse.
I see something like a 49-14 victory, but Mack may rush for 120 and get a TD, but their total offense gets maybe 300 yards. Just spitballin’...

I see something like a 49-14 victory, but Mack may rush for 120 and get a TD, but their total offense gets maybe 300 yards. Just spitballin’...
I think they will score a little more. More like 49-24. High Freeze know offensive schemes. They might catch us slippin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom