Class of 2016 - RB/CB Joshua Mack (NY) Verbal to Maine/Transferred to Liberty | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB/CB Joshua Mack (NY) Verbal to Maine/Transferred to Liberty

Thanks guys. We have put in for a "permission to contact" and will pick it up on Friday. Will be reaching out to the SU staff next week. Hopefully they will be interested. Current rules require one year redshirt. Might change for next year according to the NCAA. Either way is okay!

Thanks guys. We have put in for a "permission to contact" and will pick it up on Friday. Will be reaching out to the SU staff next week. Hopefully they will be interested. Current rules require one year redshirt. Might change for next year according to the NCAA. Either way is okay!

Hmm... that's pretty interesting...

Great news...hope DB pulls the trigger and offers a chance.

Great. Do you have any College highlights of him you can post?

Yessir. I hope the best. btw I wasnt happy to hear Ambrosie had left the program. Big loss for them

Yessir. I hope the best. btw I wasnt happy to hear Ambrosie had left the program. Big loss for them
Yeah. Me too. He went to Central Connecticut State. Team lost first round of playoffs to UNH. QB didn't play due to injury. Still a close game.

I'm a little confused. Why would you want to pull your son from this school and send him to a school that didn't want him in the first place? There are so many RBs in the NFL that make it from lower level divisions, I would think he just needs to stay consistent. Either way good luck to you.

My nephew really wanted to go to the University of Illinois. He got wait listed there and ended up going to Indiana University. His heart was always at Illinois and he reapplied in the spring of his freshman year. He wasn't accepted. He stayed at Indiana and reapplied to Illinois in the spring of his sophomore year. This time he got in. So, he transferred to Illinois to start his junior year. The kid graduated from Illinois with honors with a 3.96 GPA. Despite Indiana being a fine school, he was never passionate about being there. I hate to use the term "dream school", but that's what U of I was for him and he worked his butt off to make that dream come true. Now he wasn't an athlete like Joshua is, but if Syracuse is where he really wants to be, who are any of us to tell him not to pursue that dream? Even if it looks like his current fit is a good one, that doesn't mean that his heart might be somewhere else. He's obviously working hard, and it would be great for him and his family if Dino thinks the ability is equal to his passion. Best of luck. I hope he keeps chasing his dream for as long as he can.

My nephew really wanted to go to the University of Illinois. He got wait listed there and ended up going to Indiana University. His heart was always at Illinois and he reapplied in the spring of his freshman year. He wasn't accepted. He stayed at Indiana and reapplied to Illinois in the spring of his sophomore year. This time he got in. So, he transferred to Illinois to start his junior year. The kid graduated from Illinois with honors with a 3.96 GPA. Despite Indiana being a fine school, he was never passionate about being there. I hate to use the term "dream school", but that's what U of I was for him and he worked his butt off to make that dream come true. Now he wasn't an athlete like Joshua is, but if Syracuse is where he really wants to be, who are any of us to tell him not to pursue that dream? Even if it looks like his current fit is a good one, that doesn't mean that his heart might be somewhere else. He's obviously working hard, and it would be great for him and his family if Dino thinks the ability is equal to his passion. Best of luck. I hope he keeps chasing his dream for as long as he can.

Great post. The young man loves SU and like basically every other athlete would like to compete on the biggest stage. Sounds pretty reasonable to me

Kudos to your son for working hard and pursuing his dream. I will be rooting for him, and hope that he makes it to cuse and tears up the ACC. Win win for everyone!

Yeah. He grew up in the Cuse area...down the road in Rochester. We have always been Cuse fans. It's unfortunate that he had to go away to prove his worth, but it was also a difficult time for Cuse...with new coach and all. HS coach has informed me that he has full offers at other FBS schools starting in next semester, but it would be good to be at SU. The team could use the help. SU has expressed interest and are checking the transfer loophole that might allow him to play right away. Something about returning to your home state from a far away school...homesick...they are working on it and we should have the word in a couple of days! Hope it works out. They even expressed that they may offer him even if he has to sit a year. We'll see what happens...

Yeah. He grew up in the Cuse area...down the road in Rochester. We have always been Cuse fans. It's unfortunate that he had to go away to prove his worth, but it was also a difficult time for Cuse...with new coach and all. HS coach has informed me that he has full offers at other FBS schools starting in next semester, but it would be good to be at SU. The team could use the help. SU has expressed interest and are checking the transfer loophole that might allow him to play right away. Something about returning to your home state from a far away school...homesick...they are working on it and we should have the word in a couple of days! Hope it works out. They even expressed that they may offer him even if he has to sit a year. We'll see what happens...

The sporting world needs more parents with an attitude like yours. You are a class act.

Regardless of how this plays out, I wish Josh all the best - but I would love to see him in Orange.

Good luck to you Sir!

really hope the staff brings Josh in, would be great to have him come home, and boy do we need some RB help! keep us posted!

My feeling is follow your heart and play where u want. I see kids work hard but if we only went on number moose johnson never woul da played here. If he chooses to work like some of our greats have, he will be noticed. Just my oinion. NEVER CRUSH A DREAM. ONE WAY OR ANOTHER IT WILL WORK.

Could you share your son's measurables? Thanks.

I hadn't heard about that loophole. Good to hear. He must be homesick...

I believe the new proposed loophole, is educational. Like if he wanted to change his major to communications, and wanted to be at the #1 school in the country for that...

Any idea when a vote takes place for the new proposals? (I think they should always work in the kids favor)

What were his stats at Maine?

A2C4F79E-D4B8-4674-849C-FABA43CFFF74.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom