RB Cooper Lutz transferring to Vanderbilt | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

RB Cooper Lutz transferring to Vanderbilt

The guys should be free to choose to do what they want, I can leave my job tomorrow if I’d like and the. start a new one that same day.
You can do that if you're an hourly worker with a crappy job but as someone who is salaried in a professional position I can tell you that most in my field try to give more than 2 weeks to help with the transition. You just up and start quitting jobs in my field, when word gets out, you won't get jack. Also just to point out something else. If you walk into your bosses office and tell him you're done, that's called quitting. You'd be labeled a quitter and would be looked upon as one. Why can't we label athletes quitters for the same reasons?
we can stop pretending like we know what is best for these adults.
Adults my butt. First since NYS says I have to pay child support until they are 21 or join the military then that's when they qualify as an adult to me and my bank account. Next I work with 18/19 years olds and they are kids. Society has changed, the majority of that age bracket is not ready to go adulting in the real world yet. Military I would call them adults since boot camp pretty much kicks their asses straight into adulthood.

Yup I literally remember it, I had to call the ushers to break them up.

They were shocked that it was parents fighting in the parents section.

I don’t remember a lot of what happens at games but I certainly remembered that!
I never knew that there was a parents section. Where is it?

You can do that if you're an hourly worker with a crappy job but as someone who is salaried in a professional position I can tell you that most in my field try to give more than 2 weeks to help with the transition. You just up and start quitting jobs in my field, when word gets out, you won't get jack. Also just to point out something else. If you walk into your bosses office and tell him you're done, that's called quitting. You'd be labeled a quitter and would be looked upon as one. Why can't we label athletes quitters for the same reasons?

Adults my butt. First since NYS says I have to pay child support until they are 21 or join the military then that's when they qualify as an adult to me and my bank account. Next I work with 18/19 years olds and they are kids. Society has changed, the majority of that age bracket is not ready to go adulting in the real world yet. Military I would call them adults since boot camp pretty much kicks their asses straight into adulthood.
You are you free to quit your job if you’d like salaried or not, if you switch 4-5 times, yeah people ask questions but not once, and really not even twice in a four year period.

As for adults, they are adults. Your child support comment and anecdotal evidence of kids you work with are irrelevant.

What’s that? The NCAA is treating revenue generating professionals like revenue generating professionals instead of pretending they’re “amateurs.” The guys should be free to choose to do what they want, I can leave my job tomorrow if I’d like and the. start a new one that same day. Why can’t they start one the next year? This sentiment that NCAA has been doing what’s the best for players is riddled with hypocrisy and reeks of old-man-on-the-porch logic. “These kids have loyalty anymore! Back in my day you stayed at your company even if better opportunities came up! Yeah they could fire you at moment with no cause and you’d have no recourse, but that’s the price of loyalty!” They’re adults treat them like it and let them make their own decisions.
The difference is the scholarships should be considered a contract. The players are now granted four year scholarships. They should be required to sit out a year if they break the contract. In the pros they are under contract. Does not matter if the coach leaves or fired. They are under contract and must stay. Should be the same way in college.
Now if the kid wants to transfer he can but he must sit out a year. The only exception is if he graduates.
If they are getting a free education, academic support, training, nutrition, coaching all above the average student then they should have some responsibilities to their school just like professionals to their teams. They are also getting NIL.
When companies invest money there are usually clauses that they must stay a period of time before leaving.
I know there are those that will disagree but there has to be some changes.

I never knew that there was a parents section. Where is it?

Generally they seat them around section 127/ 128

It is also where they generally seat the recruits on OVs too as well

Benson is the one least likely to have a spot with this team if he wanted to come back.

His parents were very vocal about how awful they thought Syracuse was, how awful they thought other players were etc.

Dino was well aware of this as well.

Benson and the Benson family have no spot in Syracuse.

One game his family almost got into it with Stefon Thompson’s family as they had heard enough from the Benson’s.

Trust me……. He gone!
Think you might have some mistaken identity.

We bled Orange and continue to be big fans of this team and the relationships we have made over the last 3 years. We loved every minute of it and spent as much time during the season in CNY and will be back at Skytop for pregame the first opportunity we have. Never missed a game (minus Covid) and were appreciative of the hospitality of many of the folks that are avid posters on this board who extended hospitality both at home and the road. You can be critical of any decisions made, but we you can't question our support of the Orange football team and family.

Think you might have some mistaken identity.

We bled Orange and continue to be big fans of this team and the relationships we have made over the last 3 years. We loved every minute of it and spent as much time during the season in CNY and will be back at Skytop for pregame the first opportunity we have. Never missed a game (minus Covid) and were appreciative of the hospitality of many of the folks that are avid posters on this board who extended hospitality both at home and the road. You can be critical of any decisions made, but we you can't question our support of the Orange football team and family.

I’m not trying to argue here or anything….I respect the decision to transfer….

However, you guys were pretty vocal about displeasure, stuff going on in the locker room, etc (you know what I’m talking about ;))…unless…some other family was wearing the Benson jersey and sat where most of the parents sat…

I don’t doubt your support for your son and overall Syracuse University, as I saw you guys at most games and at most away games as well and I respect that…

But it was obvious that you guys and your son were not happy at Cuse and that’s okay, it doesn’t always work out.

Perhaps I am wrong, but, I’ve talked to others about it who also sit near me…so maybe we’re all wrong and if for some reason we are I apologize.

If you would like to continue this conversation, I encourage you to message me in private and perhaps we could clear up the misconception that I am apparently having.

I wish you and your family the best, and I hope that you guys land somewhere that Luke can be successful!

Last edited:
You are you free to quit your job if you’d like salaried or not, if you switch 4-5 times, yeah people ask questions but not once, and really not even twice in a four year period.

As for adults, they are adults. Your child support comment and anecdotal evidence of kids you work with are irrelevant.
Yes we have work at-will in the US and some work places are hazardous to ones health or toxic so I can see just quitting but for the majority of employment quitting without a notice is usually just sticking it your coworkers who will have to work extra hours to cover for you.

Yes we have work at-will in the US and some work places are hazardous to ones health or toxic so I can see just quitting but for the majority of employment quitting without a notice is usually just sticking it your coworkers who will have to work extra hours to cover for you.
YOU didn’t get the notice, that doesn’t mean the guys on the team weren’t informed prior to them making the decision. The bottom line is that this is a perfect example of fan selfishness, fans don’t care about the guys on or off the team, fans only care about how the team performs and fans always want to claim that the rules should in such and such a manner to benefit the team, not the individual.

Alert!: player family member posting on the board! Let the entertainment & subsequent fall out begin!
Interest Reaction GIF

YOU didn’t get the notice, that doesn’t mean the guys on the team weren’t informed prior to them making the decision. The bottom line is that this is a perfect example of fan selfishness, fans don’t care about the guys on or off the team, fans only care about how the team performs and fans always want to claim that the rules should in such and such a manner to benefit the team, not the individual.
Lol fan selfishness? That was my first post in this thread and I was responding to you saying you can just quit your job and no one will think anything of it unless you do it 4-5 times in a couple of years. Quitting a job(not football) will usually just put more work on your coworkers but hey you’re not a team guy, that’s fine

As far as transferring, Cooper and others can do what they want. I do not care. We’re probably really just buying time until the 8th week of the season next year anyhow

In a way it’s a good sign for the “what if Tuck leaves” crowd. Cooper knows he’s not gonna get a lot of snaps because Tuck isn’t going anywhere. Still, he will be missed and we need a serviceable backup ASAP.
I still can’t believe people talked themselves into Tucker transferring being a real thing. Like….people on here literally just made that up and kept talking about it. And that’s the only reason anyone else ever talked about it. And the “reason” was different every time.

Ridiculous.

Going to be tough to get a decent transfer with Tuck getting 90%+ of the RB touches and a run first QB. Allen will now see snaps as a true freshman and might see a late recruit or PWO.
Yup, perversely this may actually help us keep Allen as it will be pretty easy to be RB2 in year 1 and RB 1 by year 2

Why do I feel like this will come down to a battle between Littles and Biggers?
If it does, you should be Doublin down on Lotto tickets this week, by Hook or by crook. But don't tell your wife, Herslow.

Be sure to tip your waitress on the way out.

Manny Nunnery ended up winning the award - was announced Jan 20th.

I wonder if with the new ST coach Lig, would Cooper consider coming back or is he definitely gone? It's been 2 months and he still hasn't announced a destination and basically every other one of our portal entries has at this point for the most part.

IF his reason for leaving was to get a chance to be RB1 or 2 someplace, well, those odds actually got worse here.

IF he’s ok with ST’s again, I’m sure he’d be welcomed back w open arms.

IF his reason for leaving was to get a chance to be RB1 or 2 someplace, well, those odds actually got worse here.

IF he’s ok with ST’s again, I’m sure he’d be welcomed back w open arms.
Honestly would take him back in a heartbeat. People focus on the fumble he had but he was strong on specials, was not flashy at RB but was solid in backup and best RB at blitz pickup when asked to block and was seemingly a positive in the locker room. He may want more opportunity but if he was willing to come back there is no downside. I wonder if our new Special Teams coach ever tried to reach out?

Honestly would take him back in a heartbeat. People focus on the fumble he had but he was strong on specials, was not flashy at RB but was solid in backup and best RB at blitz pickup when asked to block and was seemingly a positive in the locker room. He may want more opportunity but if he was willing to come back there is no downside. I wonder if our new Special Teams coach ever tried to reach out?
You don’t get nominated for a National special teams player of the year award if you’re not good at specials. He’s an excellent specials player and I sincerely hope he comes back.

But to your point, if he wants significant PT at RB or even at slot receiver it’s not going to be here. But I’m not sure he has a shot anywhere in the P5 if he’s looking for that, probably would have to go G5 at a minimum.

Hopefully a nationally recognized special teams player is enough for him and he comes back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom