Class of 2017 - RB Damone Drew (VA) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 RB Damone Drew (VA) Offered

Offers from Cinci and Virginia

Edit: Since the thread was started he has also received offers from App, Temple, Purdue and Dartmouth.

Last edited by a moderator:
High school notebook: Brooke Point's Drew narrows finalists (fredericksburg.com; Coghill)

With the first day of football practice looming on Monday, Brooke Point senior running back Damone Drew is prepared to announce his college decision.

Drew said Wednesday that Syracuse and Temple are his final two choices. Drew said he plans to attend a camp at Temple this weekend for his first visit to the Philadelphia school. He said he will huddle with his family Sunday and make a decision.

Drew also received scholarship offers from Appalachian State, Cincinnati, Illinois, Purdue and Virginia, but he said the Orange and Owls have stood above the rest.

“When I went to Syracuse to see the campus, it was pretty much home,” Drew said. “I liked how the coaches greeted me and going around the school and the majors that they have. I’m just comfortable with the whole environment.”

Drew said while he hasn’t toured Temple, he has strong interest based on the way its coaching staff has communicated with him. He said they seem to care more about him as a person than a player. He said his visit this weekend could cement his decision one way or the other.

Drew was a first-team All-Area performer in 2015 after he rushed for a school-record 2,661 yards and 27 touchdowns.

His teammate, safety M.J. Hampton, recently picked up an offer from Towson University. Hampton, who now holds 12 offers, said he plans to name a top three by the second week of August and commit before the second game of the season.

Man, kid has some serious speed especially when he gets through the hole. It's like he kicks into another gear. Hopefully he chooses Cuse over Temple.

Love Virginia kids especially the tidewater area. Its like a mini South Florida.

I liked this young man's tape...good pick up for Cuse...congrats Damone and welcome to the team.

I haven't seen anything from the coaches yet... hopefully this isn't a miscommuinication.

I haven't seen anything from the coaches yet... hopefully this isn't a miscommuinication.
^^^ agree CL... that would be unfortunate...hopefully there is alignment

I like the kid and hope we would take him but I think this isn't going to end well and that breaks my heart. Hate seeing that happening with a kid.

at least he can still commit to Temple. I hope. Ugh this is awful.

Why is this awful? I mean if the coaches haven't confirmed by say tomorrow then I would agree but it's still early unless I missed something.

Feel bad for the kid. Looks like he didn't check in with the coaches before his announcement.

at least he can still commit to Temple. I hope. Ugh this is awful.

This is the stuff that I blame HS coaches for...they don't do a good job of explaining to these kids how recruiting works. And the steps that have to be followed.

Why is this awful? I mean if the coaches haven't confirmed by say tomorrow then I would agree but it's still early unless I missed something.

It isn't happening. And Sean Lewis would have tweeted 3 seconds after the commit. Wish I were wrong but don't think so

It isn't happening. And Sean Lewis would have tweeted 3 seconds after the commit. Wish I were wrong but don't think so

Most likely true I just think it was pretty quick to dismiss this and call it awful is all.

Most likely true I just think it was pretty quick to dismiss this and call it awful is all.

I just feel bad for the kid and feel very confident that the staff isn't accepting the commit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom