Class of 2015 - RB Devine Ozigbo (TX) Flipped to Nebraska from ISU | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Devine Ozigbo (TX) Flipped to Nebraska from ISU

DallasOrange

Walk On
I’m posting highlights of my son’s good friend – Devine Ozigbo. He’s been a friend of the family since third grade so we’re really excited for him. What’s even more exciting is, in large part because of my son’s exuberance for SU, he’s taken an interest in SU. I believe he’s reached out to the recruiting office to complete some information, but I don’t know all those details.

He plays for Sachse in District 11-5A down here in the Dallas area. That district is comprised primarily of Garland Schools. It’s extremely competitive. He was voted 1st Team All-District Running Back and was also voted Sophomore of the year in 11-5A.

Hope you enjoy. Also, he’s a great kid and I do know he’s caught the attention of a few other schools down here. I’ve posted a link – hope it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbvJPqvVA8U

I’m posting highlights of my son’s good friend – Devine Ozigbo. He’s been a friend of the family since third grade so we’re really excited for him. What’s even more exciting is, in large part because of my son’s exuberance for SU, he’s taken an interest in SU. I believe he’s reached out to the recruiting office to complete some information, but I don’t know all those details.

He plays for Sachse in District 11-5A down here in the Dallas area. That district is comprised primarily of Garland Schools. It’s extremely competitive. He was voted 1st Team All-District Running Back and was also voted Sophomore of the year in 11-5A.

Hope you enjoy. Also, he’s a great kid and I do know he’s caught the attention of a few other schools down here. I’ve posted a link – hope it works.

Sophomore highlights? yeah I'm sold.

Paging DcCuse - send to Hack.

He looks like he could be a high major type prospect. Impressive for a 10th grader.
definitely. a young steven ridley-type. solid prospect; get on him now before the line gets long.

He looks very strong. I don't think I saw anytime in the video where he went down after the first hit; keeps his legs moving. Very impressive for a sophmore.

How big is he? He runs with power not seen in most sophs.

How big is he? He runs with power not seen in most sophs.
He's listed at 5'10", 205 lbs., but that was from fall. Not sure what his current measureables are now.

He's listed at 5'10", 205 lbs., but that was from fall. Not sure what his current measureables are now.
Wow...big kid. I really like the way he accelerates out of his cuts.

Would love to see him in Syracuse orange.

Kid has excellent field vision for a sophomore in high school. Makes good cuts, doesn't go down after the first contact, very impressed.

Edit: Am a big fan of the highlight videos from the football factory states because it's not all TD runs since the other players are good as well. Too many videos from kids up here are hitting the hole and being 75 yards down the field because they are more athletic. This video shows good, disciplined defenses that understand angles and tackling. Which makes it more impressive.

Kid has excellent field vision for a sophomore in high school. Makes good cuts, doesn't go down after the first contact, very impressed.

Edit: Am a big fan of the highlight videos from the football factory states because it's not all TD runs since the other players are good as well. Too many videos from kids up here are hitting the hole and being 75 yards down the field because they are more athletic. This video shows good, disciplined defenses that understand angles and tackling. Which makes it more impressive.
I agree, it looks like a college game. That kid definitely doesn't look like your common high school sophomore.

Oh
Oh yeah, me too! He's getting plenty of exposure to SU just by hanging out with my son. I think he wants him to go Orange more than anybody.
Sounds like a package deal. :D

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I'd be one happy Pops for sure. I wonder if HCDM needs an Outside Linebacker who is 5'10", 145 lbs, and runs a deceptively quick 5.8 40, and he's a solid 2nd string player on JV. :D
Is he familiar with Zach Allen?

I'd be one happy Pops for sure. I wonder if HCDM needs an Outside Linebacker who is 5'10", 145 lbs, and runs a deceptively quick 5.8 40, and he's a solid 2nd string player on JV. :D
FB stars need agents

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I wonder if HCDM needs an Outside Linebacker who is 5'10", 145 lbs, and runs a deceptively quick 5.8 40, and he's a solid 2nd string player on JV. :D

That sounds like half of us syracusefan.com posters! Of course a majority of us would only be able to run 1 40... and only if something was chasing us and/or beer was involved.

one of my favorite things about the video despite the obvious speed, elusiveness, field vision and nose for the endzone, was his ability in the screen game. He was very deceptive leaking out for the screens and was extremely patient waiting for his blockers to get setup before taking off up the field for a big gain. I love the screen game, nothing more frustrating for an opposing defense than being screened to death, knowing it's coming, and not having any way to stop it. This kid would help bring that element to the table for us.